[Q] unauthorized software

Search This thread

jahankel

Jun 17, 2014
I stupidly tried to flash a custom recovery without unlocking the boot loader (2nd time rooting a phone) and of course now I get the message that there is software not authorized by Verizon, yada yada yada.....I can't use the phone. As I already said, I'm not very smart w/ this I guess. I rooted my phone with the new towelroot method and it worked flawlessly....but then I tried to go further and figured I'd just do everything necessary to run custom roms. Anyways, I've got the yellow triangle and I really really don't want to go to Verizon and try to talk my way into a replacement (I just got a replacement phone about 2 weeks ago) Is there any way to fix this? Before you reply, know I don't have a windows computer so I don't think I can use Odin, and my phone isn't showing up in Kies when I connect it after making sure my phone is in download mode. I'm at a loss.

mattchenzo

Aug 5, 2010
Anchorage, AK
Your only option is Odin, I would say find a friend with a windows computer... Then once you are back on track, read on this forum about safestrap before you flash anything else... Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jahankel

Jun 17, 2014
Can anyone point me in the right direction to download the right pit file for use in Odin (Jodin3 to be specific). It's supposed to find the proper pit file automatically, but it can't for some reason. Oh, and I did do some digging....for some reason the only pit file I found (which was uploaded in Oct. of 2013) doesn't work. I can't find anything else other than that...if there is anything else.

Last edited:

draco259

Nov 1, 2010
I am trying to fix his phone for him but I am unable to find any full 4.4.2 Odin tars, are there even any available yet? The only ones I can find seem to be on websites I have never heard of haha.

Reactions: Shutton82

Shutton82

Sep 3, 2011
Help Please

I also Rooted via Towel Method and flashed clockwork touch recovery not thinking, and i am also in the same boat. Can anyone point me in the direction of a stock TAR file to flash with ODIN, So i can get my note working again.. Any help would be great.. Thanks in advance

draco259

Nov 1, 2010
Last edited:
Reactions: Shutton82

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am trying to fix his phone for him but I am unable to find any full 4.4.2 Odin tars, are there even any available yet? The only ones I can find seem to be on websites I have never heard of haha.
    I also Rooted via Towel Method and flashed clockwork touch recovery not thinking, and i am also in the same boat. Can anyone point me in the direction of a stock TAR file to flash with ODIN, So i can get my note working again.. Any help would be great.. Thanks in advance

Just found the link for it in this topic! :)

EDIT: Forgot to put in the link LOL http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783842