[Q&A][Discussion]Cloudyfa's Stock, Flex & Pro 2 Roms

Search This thread

yankee2x1

Jul 3, 2015
hi,
im running custom lollipop rom (resurection remix rom) on my lg g2 d800 and i have twrp recovery installed
do i have to go back to kitkat to install this rom or i have to just download the zip file and flash using twrp recovery..
i could not find the installation method here.
ty

Shahzeb Tariq

Apr 20, 2015
hello,
i have a lg g2 d800 and im using resurrection remix rom lollipop (custom rom) with twrp recovery ,
i need to ask that do i have to go back to kitkat to install this rom OR i just download the zip file and flash using twrp recovery..
any help would be much appreciated.
thanks

Ikol_R

Dec 23, 2014
support for ls980

I've ls980 imported from US and got it from someone ..I live in India..it currently has cloudyflex 2.6...can I flash V2.8 directly?? is 2.8 based on 4.4.4??

Nechoya

Apr 17, 2011
I installed this rom on LS980 used in Poland hoping that it would end my problems with internet connections that I encountered on stock 4.4. The problem was that I could only connect to GSM, and it seems my phone still doesn't connect to any other frequencies.
I know my LTE won't work, I can live with it, but can I somehow enable 3g and HSPA+?
My APN are good, I just downloaded them from the carrier.

everknight

Jul 31, 2015
[Q] [CloudyG2 3.3] secure booting error boot certification verify

Hi! I have a lg d805, the official stock rom is 4.2.2 (jb) that is a bit useless for many purposes; so I decide to install the rom cloudyg2 3.3 based on lp.
It installed successfully; however , when I try to go to recovery mode I get the mentioned error. is there any way to install twrp directly without flashing to stock rom?
(Sorry for my english, im latin)

Pd: I can enter to download mode normally too.

Miggas09

Apr 11, 2014
Caldas da Rainha
Can't find any proper tutorial!

Hi,
Recently I've bought another LG G2 because my previous one broke and there was no possible fix but thats not the problem.
I've looked everywhere and didn't find any tutorial explaining how to update to cloudyG2 3.3 LP from stock 4.2.2.
I was hoping for a little help from someone that knows how to do it.

Last edited:

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
Hi! I have a lg d805, the official stock rom is 4.2.2 (jb) that is a bit useless for many purposes; so I decide to install the rom cloudyg2 3.3 based on lp.
It installed successfully; however , when I try to go to recovery mode I get the mentioned error. is there any way to install twrp directly without flashing to stock rom?
(Sorry for my english, im latin)

Pd: I can enter to download mode normally too.

Hi,
Recently I've bought another LG G2 because my previous one broke and there was no possible fix but thats not the problem.
I've looked everywhere and didn't find any tutorial explaining how to update to cloudyG2 3.3 LP from stock 4.2.2.
I was hoping for a little help from someone that knows how to do it.
Both of thses questions should be asked here. There are many that will be willing to help:good:

MrWalterWhite

Aug 16, 2015
Touch screen issues after flashing CloudyStock 2.7 ROM

Hi,

I flashed CloudyStock 2.7 ROM over stock 4.4.2 ROM on my LG G2 D802. Everything is good but I'm having a touch screen issue on the center of the display that I haven't felt before flashing. I tried already a wipe on Dalvik and Cache, and updating touch firmware on hidden menu, both actions without success.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

ChrisVN

Sep 10, 2015
Cloudy Roms(Stock Flex Pro G2) - all gets the same issue:
SuperSU needs to update binary every boot, everyboot!
That means after reboot, I lose root access, and have to run SuperSU and update binary. It's kinda annoying.
---
Change ro.build.target_country from COM to US for Qremote thing. Phone soft-bricked.
---
Cloudy Roms can't play any games from gameloft(my friends said it is the security feature)

impactor

Jan 6, 2011
Kraków
I installed CloudyFlex, but there is no task manager. Not only there is no awesome task manager present in CloudyG2, but it doesn't even have a regular andorid task manager. I hold Home and nothing. I hold menu button - nothing again.

Is this normal?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

aTAoMyP.png

Click link here>> CloudyStock <<Click link here

81MWB8t.png

Click link here>> CloudyFlex <<Click link here

V4izfRi.png

Click link here>> CloudyPro 2 <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank an OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    Hi. I currently have a G2 with TMO as carrier (D801). I've been rooting devices since Eclair with the Samsung Captivate, so I'm familiar with a thing or two about root. When I bought my G2 I rooted it with ioroot (when on 4.2.2), but after years of rooting my devices I decided to take a break on rooting. I unrooted and took the kk OTA and I've been stock since taking the OTA, I'm about to root "again", so with towelroot & autorec I can get recovery. My 2 questions are: In order to flash Cloudyflex and pretending evrything goes smooth with towelroot and autorec, do I have to flash the D801 kk baseband before the ROM or after? And also, what kernel do I need? I understand the situation about JDI screens (where I'll find out eventually after rooting with a command on terminal emulator what screen I have).

Any help with these 2 questions will be appreciated. I have the tendency of reading and searching before posting, but wow...too many different opinions on these 2 questions! Plus, been away from XDA for a while, when you come back everything's changed.

Gracias amigos!:fingers-crossed:

PS.
    I just subscribed here so I can follow responses and/or answers to questions with issues that who knows if I could get. Excellent idea this one about Q&A for a ROM. Thx again familia!:good:

Ok you have root and recovery procedure correctly, since you are on kitkat already you do not need to flash kk baseband, as for kernel the rom includes an awesome kernel already and if you don't know what panel you have then after rooting you can use PanelChecker and if you have jdi panel then you will need to flash cloudy kernel for jdi from here just make sure to download jdi kernel for your variant, this is the stock kernel for all of cloudy roms. If you have jdi panel and decide you want to flash another kernel then you can use LittleKernelFlasher to flash a kernel that dev does not provide jdi patch for(because lets face it there are a lot of variant and to provide jdi kernels would be even more work some devs manage up to 6 different kernels maybe even more so LKF is the best choice when you have jdi panel)
    Thanks for adding this thread. I was reading all cloudy's threads to find out the best ROM for me and then I was lost myself with such a lot of comments repeating the same issues over and over again.

And my first question is,

In which ROMs of Cloudy include LG's FM Tuner?

Thanks

both cloudyflex and cloudypro have fm radio but it seems more people have had more success in using it with cloudypro
    Thanks for adding this thread. I was reading all cloudy's threads to find out the best ROM for me and then I was lost myself with such a lot of comments repeating the same issues over and over again.

And my first question is,

In which ROMs of Cloudy include LG's FM Tuner?

Thanks

All of them. But on the G3 port I believe it's not working now. I'm on the CloudyFlex 2.4 and it's great.
    we w8ing PORT G-Flex 2 <3

great man cloudy