[Q] So, Now What?

Search This thread

nukesnooper

Jan 21, 2013
I did the towelroot last night on my AT&T S4. Worked like a champ.

I installed SU Pro, Busybox Pro, and Titanium BU Pro afterwards. SU pro failed to update the binaries, so I don't know what that means. I uninstalled some of the known bloatware, but it gave ominous warnings as I uninstalled bloatware, etc. Although, the phone is working fine with less battery drain. No problems, whatsoever.

Is there a list of bloatware that can be safely uninstalled with the AT&T S4 KitKat ROM anywhere? There's so much crap on here, but I don't want to disable features that are maliciously tied to it. So far; this is awesome!

I had a popup from Samsung today, wanting me to update my security settings. It warned that certain software programs that I may have installed could compromise the security of my phone. I declined; fearing that it may disable my new root status. I don't know who to believe, but it's damn sure not AT&T or Samsung. I also got the "unlocked" symbol upon re-boot. Does that mean that I tripped KNOX? Will Triangle away clear that? The status shows: "Custom". Yet; the phone is working perfectly. I want to know if I should freeze or uninstall FOTA's. Seems like that's going to be a constant PITA.

On another note (no pun intended), I've downloaded certain programs that I thought / knew were useful - some paid / some free - that were memory / data / battery hogs, even though they didn't appear to be so in the EULA's. Is there any program or list of programs from the Play Store that are known pigs? How the hell do you know???

And, speaking of "note", has anyone used this on the Samsung Note 3? Ditto the above questions. I have a brand new one that's nothing but a $700.00 paperweight. It would kick ass if this worked on my Note 3!

I know that this is a new method, but has anyone experienced any negative side effects? Not me, so far. Any suggestions for add-ons for improvement of the performance of either device? This guy is going to get a nice donation this Friday!

A little help?

Thanks,

Jim

Top Liked Posts