Won't power on!

Search This thread

god2many

Oct 13, 2012
Hey guys I was working on using odin to root my 10.1 and it wasn't working. So i decided to try a factory reset and try odin from a fresh install. My device powered down to do the wipe and now it won't come back on. If i hold the power button the "galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition" screen shows up and then the device just turns off again. How do I fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm freaking out a bit.

yararli

Dec 3, 2012
What root method were u trying ? Which version of galaxy note 10.1 2014 do you have p600, p605, p601 etc ? Did you use appropriate rom for your note?
It seems it is soft brick, it is not irrecovable problem, you can fix it by odin, i am not sure how, you should research about it.

Last edited:

yararli

Dec 3, 2012
I can get into odin mode. but that is it.

Good news now look up some topics about soft brick, if you can enter download mode in odin you can fix it but i am not expert on android i could not remember step by step and how.

I had experinced brick problem in my n8000 galaxy note old thats why i had researched so much thing one year ago, it was hard brick and did not enter even download mode, lucky you, it enters download mode Which means soft brick. You can reflash your custom rom easily. Please look at topics about soft brick.

Last edited:
Reactions: god2many

god2many

Oct 13, 2012
Good news now look up some topics about soft brick, if you can enter download mode in odin you can fix it but i am not expert on android i could not remember step by step and how.

I had experinced brick problem in my n8000 galaxy note old thats why i had researched so much thing one year ago, it was hard brick and did not enter even download mode, lucky you, it enters download mode Which means soft brick. You can reflash your custom rom easily. Please look at topics about soft brick.

I found this guide on using odin to install the stock firmware.

http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/17/unroot-samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-2014-edition/

I need to find the correct rom to flash. I was running 4.4.2 but i cant find it for the US region on

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-P600

lsherif

Apr 11, 2008
Cairo

yararli

Dec 3, 2012

god2many

Oct 13, 2012
Safest way to root would be to Odin a custom recovery then flash SuperSu zip file. It is much safer than the old CFautoroot way.

Do you know any good detailed tutorials on flashing a recovery? I'm trying to be super cautious and not kill my device. I about had a heart attack last night when it soft bricked.

nrage23

Wouldn't this trip Knox?

I would think the Safest way to root would involve not using Odin. Ie. Towelroot (as applicable to your device, at this time)

As far as i know Towelroot is not for the Wifi Version with Exynos processor.

Do you know any good detailed tutorials on flashing a recovery? I'm trying to be super cautious and not kill my device. I about had a heart attack last night when it soft bricked.

Here is a post for from the Philz thread. Use the instructions he provides for Odin installs.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39433857&postcount=4

Top Liked Posts