T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Phone [Q] unable to turn on wifi, after installing pre rooted kitkat 4.4.2 on gt-n7100

OP ArabGeek

19th June 2014, 08:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Donate to Me
More
Dear Admins and Members,

Hello to everyone, this is my very first post on xda-dev forums, but I am using the forums as guest since many years,

I have GT-N7100 Middle East Variant, most probably the international variant.

I have successfully installed the android 4.4.2 via philz recovery latest version without any problem, here is some info after installation.

Base-band version : N7100XXUFNB4

Kernel version : 3.0.31-764701
dpi@SWDD5820 # 1
Wed Feb 19 16:56:34 KST 2014

Build number
KOT49H.N7100XXUFNB4

THE ANDROID FILE NAME WHICH I USED FOR THIS INSTALLATION :

N7100XXUFNB4_pre-rooted_deodex_(Leak).zip

Now after the installation, every thing is working great, the phone performance is great smooth, the ram usage is fine, the cpu usage is fine,
battery consumption is great, only the problem is I cannot TURN ON WIFI , yes the wifi is not working,

I have checked that my data internet is working, and i can theter/share my internet via bluetooth, but i cannot share wifi hotspot, as it shows error..

I have tried to re install the phone 2-3 times, but still the errors are same.

I dont see any corrupt file system, i have check the os file is also fine, can any one help me ? how i can fix my wifi error ? Please suggest me the method without re installation, I have lot of big games on my phone and i dont want to do the re installation.

Regards
19th June 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 893

4,094 posts
This has already been discussed on many occasions and there is a fix. You would know this if you would have bothered to use search before creating topic.
19th June 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Muscat

9 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheATHEiST

This has already been discussed on many occasions and there is a fix. You would know this if you would have bothered to use search before creating topic.

Bro I am sorry, as i mentioned i am posting here for this first time, you should help me by directing me towards the links which can help me.

I have use the search but that is not appropriate for my model or phone or OS , can you please reply with the links ?
19th June 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #4  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 893

4,094 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabGeek

Bro I am sorry, as i mentioned i am posting here for this first time, you should help me by directing me towards the links which can help me.

I have use the search but that is not appropriate for my model or phone or OS , can you please reply with the links ?

Mod Edit

What do you mean searching isn't appropriate for your model???

Use search, read, learn.
Last edited by ronnie498; 19th June 2014 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Mod Edit
19th June 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Muscat

9 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheATHEiST

Mod Edit

What do you mean searching isn't appropriate for your model???

Use search, read, learn.

I mean to say the search returns the results, which donot work for me, so my problem is different, I donot have any problem with knox or OTA update, because i did a fresh install. its seems that my wifi is not loading the correct drivers for wifi, can you help me ?
19th June 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,643

2,738 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabGeek

I mean to say the search returns the results, which donot work for me, so my problem is different, I donot have any problem with knox or OTA update, because i did a fresh install. its seems that my wifi is not loading the correct drivers for wifi, can you help me ?

I don't know which country in middle east you are in but download this stock Saudi Arabia rom from here It should resolve all your issues with wifi.Next root your phone using this Guide.
19th June 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 21

444 posts
I am having a similar issue!! Search and found a patch *flashd it via odion.. but that DID not solve the problem!

Installed Omega v29.. still not working.. will try another ROM,maybe that helps

any ideas or suggestions?
20th June 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #8  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 61

466 posts
Omega sucks man. Wifi keeping disconnecting.
20th June 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 21

444 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromusha38

Omega sucks man. Wifi keeping disconnecting.

I've tried MANY ROM sNOW.. Phantom, Omega.. even gave SlimRom a chance.

WIFI and Bluetooth are JUST NOT WORKING!! Its not about Disconnection.. THEY JUST DONT TURN ON (in sammy based roms *#0011* does show wifi to be ok!?

I tried to upgrade bootloader (dr. ketan) to kitkat version (his post #5). Also tried the other "patch" on Omegas first post (by dr ketan i think) using Odin.. that didnt work!!

Anything else!! Feel like throwing this off the balcony.. urghhh
20th June 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #10  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 61

466 posts
What bootloader are you using right now?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread