[Q] Rooting and unrooting

OP anonymous373

18th June 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

115 posts
Hi

I want to root my device and plan on using the stock rom installed on my device. I have searched the forums regarding this and I am unable to get the answer I am looking for. Will I be able to unroot the device with the option in supersu and will this leave any trace that the device was ever rooted? Also, would a factory reset remove any modified files (audio loudness mods, etc)?

Thanks
18th June 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,485

2,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous373

Hi

I want to root my device and plan on using the stock rom installed on my device. I have searched the forums regarding this and I am unable to get the answer I am looking for. Will I be able to unroot the device with the option in supersu and will this leave any trace that the device was ever rooted? Also, would a factory reset remove any modified files (audio loudness mods, etc)?

Thanks

no if you root and modify the system files they will stay like that even through factory reset, you can unroot within supersu but if you don't put everything back to the way it was then there will be a trace that you were once rooted; best method to go back to stock unrooted is via download mode and back to stock method
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

115 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

no if you root and modify the system files they will stay like that even through factory reset, you can unroot within supersu but if you don't put everything back to the way it was then there will be a trace that you were once rooted; best method to go back to stock unrooted is via download mode and back to stock method

oh, alright. I can't get my stock rom. I have the South African kk rom. I think I'll skip rooting for now.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread