Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flash stock with security error

Tip us?

lastdeadmouse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Unhappy [Q] Flash stock with security error

Ok, so I flashed cleanrom ex, and on reboot I got a security error.
I tried to get to recovery, but it wipes data and immediately reboots.
I've tried flashing the stock rom, but lg flash tool tells me it's the wrong device (now thinks it's a D802).

I've been trying to get into TWRP on scrosler and samsunggalaxystig's advice, first by repeatedly trying an adb reboot recovery, then by writing a batch script to do it repeatedly in order to catch it before it reboots.

Problem is, I don't know if I had already had ADB drivers installed on this computer for the G2 (had rooted while at work), and despite installing them more than once, I don't think the device actually has enough time to be recognized as I still have an unrecognized "g2" in device manager while TWRP is wiping.

Any ideas? Is there any way I can force the install of the ADB driver without having it connected for more than 20 seconds? Spitballing... would it be possible to actually flash a D802 image so I could then root, change the build.prop to D800, and then flash the D800 image?

Totally at a loss at this point.

kureta
Old
Thanks Meter 0
did you solve your problem? i have a similar problem and i just bricked an s3. this g2 is brand new and now it's bricked too! if you have found a solution please respond...

marshygeek
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by kureta View Post
did you solve your problem? i have a similar problem and i just bricked an s3. this g2 is brand new and now it's bricked too! if you have found a solution please respond...
No problem if you brick a sammy phone. its easy to flash stock rom. How did you brick your g2?

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastdeadmouse View Post
I've tried flashing the stock rom, but lg flash tool tells me it's the wrong device (now thinks it's a D802).

Why did flashing a rom leads you to that error? Sorry but not familiar with your roms but is this rom really for your LG G2 model?
PRESS THANKS IF IT HELPS!

"Nothing happens until someone makes it happen"

ccmbr002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastdeadmouse View Post

I've been trying to get into TWRP on scrosler and samsunggalaxystig's advice, first by repeatedly trying an adb reboot recovery, then by writing a batch script to do it repeatedly in order to catch it before it reboots.

Problem is, I don't know if I had already had ADB drivers installed on this computer for the G2 (had rooted while at work), and despite installing them more than once, I don't think the device actually has enough time to be recognized as I still have an unrecognized "g2" in device manager while TWRP is wiping.

Any ideas? Is there any way I can force the install of the ADB driver without having it connected for more than 20 seconds? Spitballing... would it be possible to actually flash a D802 image so I could then root, change the build.prop to D800, and then flash the D800 image?

Hey I'm in the exact same position as you... did you manage to figure out a way to get into recovery?

kureta
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
twrp corrupted my cache partition and the phone could not boot. i tried to flash cwm while in twrp and i guess i messed up recovery and/or boot partitions. al i could get was fastboot. i flashed a boot.img i got from somewhere in here. now it says security error and it does not boot. it does not enter into fasboot. i can enter into recovery mode but it is the stock lg recovery and if i choose "delete all data", which is the only option, it gives an error and restarts.

if i try to flash stock firmware as described in this post it stops at 49%.

magicbbird
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
twrp corrupted my cache partition and the phone could not boot. i tried to flash cwm while in twrp and i guess i messed up recovery and/or boot partitions. al i could get was fastboot. i flashed a boot.img i got from somewhere in here. now it says security error and it does not boot. it does not enter into fasboot. i can enter into recovery mode but it is the stock lg recovery and if i choose "delete all data", which is the only option, it gives an error and restarts.

if i try to flash stock firmware as described in this post it stops at 49%.
I am on the same boat, same problem, and don't know what else to do...hope someone could help us out.

k2thejx5
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Yep me to same issue. Pretty much tried 6 different methods and still stuck
Current Phones:

European Htc Hero..Rom:VillainROM v13.0
Htc T-mobile Touch Pro 2: Stock windows mobile 6.5
Htc Evo shift..mika
Htc Mytouch 3g: Stock Android 2.2
Htc Arrive: Mango
(Using) Evo 3d..has a virus!
Iconia Tab:stock

quatrix1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Wink Solution

IF you still have guys this issue i have solusion for you .
This happened to me yesterday too
1. Download ADB drivers for LG G2 LINK
2. Download LG Mobile Support Tool you can find this here LINK
3. HOLD VOLUMEUP + POWER button to enter the download mode and connect your device to pc
4. Run LG Mobile Support Tool ( if your device vas found click settings select upgrade firmware this will download for you 1.9 GB STOCK FIRMWARE
5. Enjoy your mobile
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to quatrix1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheSapient
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Any luck anyone? I can't get the suggestion in the last post to work because my phone just goes from the LG Logo to Security Error. I can't get to download mode. Or recovery. Or get ABD to see it.

Xera333
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by quatrix1 View Post
IF you still have guys this issue i have solusion for you .
This happened to me yesterday too
1. Download ADB drivers for LG G2 LINK
2. Download LG Mobile Support Tool you can find this here LINK
3. HOLD VOLUMEUP + POWER button to enter the download mode and connect your device to pc
4. Run LG Mobile Support Tool ( if your device vas found click settings select upgrade firmware this will download for you 1.9 GB STOCK FIRMWARE
5. Enjoy your mobile

i have to choose upgrade recovery and it gets past analyzing then doesnt show a bar for downloading software...