Urgent! Sim Card not valid after flash!

OP FiremakerP

19th December 2013, 01:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

265 posts
Donate to Me
More
I was trying to flash the new 4.3 Rom and somehow I have managed to make the sim card unfunctional. even after going back to 4.2.2 the phone always says that the sim card is invalid. I have a TA Partition backup.

I really need the phone. Thats what you get when you are playing around.

Why is the sim functionality gone? Anyone experienced the same?

Ok its because I lost the IMEI number. Nice one some people on the board had the trouble too after upgrading.
Last edited by FiremakerP; 19th December 2013 at 01:54 AM. Reason: added info
19th December 2013, 02:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 23

52 posts
More
Had the same problem rerolling to older versions.. but i think its the regional code from the file.
Flash a version near/from your region and the sim card will work properly again.
19th December 2013, 02:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepturion

Had the same problem rerolling to older versions.. but i think its the regional code from the file.
Flash a version near/from your region and the sim card will work properly again.

yes I rolled back to 4.2.2 but failed restoring the IMEI do I have to flash the whole ftf file again?
19th December 2013, 06:49 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

72 posts
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremakerP

I was trying to flash the new 4.3 Rom and somehow I have managed to make the sim card unfunctional. even after going back to 4.2.2 the phone always says that the sim card is invalid. I have a TA Partition backup.

I really need the phone. Thats what you get when you are playing around.

Why is the sim functionality gone? Anyone experienced the same?

Ok its because I lost the IMEI number. Nice one some people on the board had the trouble too after upgrading.

It also happened to mine while I'm trying to root on 4.3. I downgraded to 534 after unsuccessful of rooting on 4.3. Then I lost IMEI and showed sim card is invalid. Fortunately I made my original 270 ftf for back up. I flashed 270 again and I got back IMEI and working sim card. I also found in other thread that if you want to downgrade 4.2.2 from 4.3 you need to flash exclude baseband. If not you will get that IMEI and sim card error. Try to update 4.3 and downgrade 4.2.2 exclude baseband if you don't have original back up like me. Good luck !!!
19th December 2013, 06:59 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hololodilolo

It also happened to mine while I'm trying to root on 4.3. I downgraded to 534 after unsuccessful of rooting on 4.3. Then I lost IMEI and showed sim card is invalid. Fortunately I made my original 270 ftf for back up. I flashed 270 again and I got back IMEI and working sim card. I also found in other thread that if you want to downgrade 4.2.2 from 4.3 you need to flash exclude baseband. If not you will get that IMEI and sim card error. Try to update 4.3 and downgrade 4.2.2 exclude baseband if you don't have original back up like me. Good luck !!!

You a need a functional TA backup to do it.

Downgrade to the version where you did the TA backup through FTF then you can see your IMEI again.
19th December 2013, 09:14 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 34

765 posts
Ok I'm running 4.2.2 I want to know is there a way to back up my phone my bootloader is locked.
I have root but I didn't install custom recovery. I want to try 4.3 but I want to make sure I can come back to 4.2.2 without loosing imei.thanks
19th December 2013, 09:50 AM   |  #7  

72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremakerP

You a need a functional TA backup to do it.

Downgrade to the version where you did the TA backup through FTF then you can see your IMEI again.

Thank you for your advice but in my case I didn't need to backup and restore TA to get back IMEI and working sim card. I'm just flash my stock 4.2.2 ftf that I backup before and everything is working fine now (both IMEI and sim).

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamo86

Ok I'm running 4.2.2 I want to know is there a way to back up my phone my bootloader is locked.
I have root but I didn't install custom recovery. I want to try 4.3 but I want to make sure I can come back to 4.2.2 without loosing imei.thanks

As per reply from 4.3 rooting thread, you can downgrad 4.2.2 from 4.3 without losing imei but you need to exclude baseband when you flash 4.2.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to hololodilolo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th December 2013, 12:02 AM   |  #8  

765 posts
Quote:

Thank you for your advice but in my case I didn't need to backup and restore TA to get back IMEI and working sim card. I'm just flash my stock 4.2.2 ftf that I backup before and everything is working fine now (both IMEI and sim).

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

As per reply from 4.3 rooting thread, you can downgrad 4.2.2 from 4.3 without losing imei but you need to exclude baseband when you flash 4.2.2.

Do I need to exclude kernel aswell when downgrading from 4.3.also do I select everything in flashtool in the section where it displays system,TA, kernel etc.lastly do I need to tick final verification? Thanks
27th December 2013, 05:12 AM   |  #9  

72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamo86

Do I need to exclude kernel aswell when downgrading from 4.3.also do I select everything in flashtool in the section where it displays system,TA, kernel etc.lastly do I need to tick final verification? Thanks

It should be ok with just exclude baseband. If not wipe all data on phone.
27th December 2013, 10:45 AM   |  #10  

765 posts
Quote:

It should be ok with just exclude baseband. If not wipe all data on phone.

I tried to downgrade to 257 I used flashtool it flashed but remained on 4.3.now I can't use flashtool everytime I select a ftf it says can't open. Is it because it's a custom rom.please help.I tried different ftf even a 4.3 stock ftf.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank