This mod will enable your I747 or I747M to connect to Tmobile's AWS 1700 band. You are doing this at your own risk, and none of the parties involved with creating this mod are responsible for any negative results you might have. If for some reason something does go wrong please post in this thread, and I'm sure plenty of people will be willing to help out. Follow the instructions and enjoy!
1. Download one of the NV Data backup files from one of the links below. (Mirrors are welcome if you want to add one.) Thanks to MotoDefier for supplying and editing the T999L backup.
2. Download and install: QPST v2.7.378.zip Thanks to lyriquidperfection for keeping this handy and giving me an already great guide to quote.
3. Dial *#7284# on your phone to access PhoneUtil and select 'Qualcomm USB Settings' at the bottom. Now select 'RNDIS + DM + MODEM' and press 'OK' to return to the previous screen. Now press your 'Back' key to exit PhoneUtil. Your phone is now in DIAG Mode.
4. Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
5. Start "QPST Configuration" and select the "Ports" tab. Then click on "Add New Port".
6. Select the COM Port that has "USB/QC Diagnostic" next to it and click ok. You should now see your phone in the "Ports" tab.
7. Click the "Start Clients" menu at the top and choose "Software download". QPST software download application should open.
NV DATA BACKUP
1. In QPST Software Download select the "Backup" tab.
2.Press the "Browse" button next to the QCN file pull down and choose a save location for your backup file.
3.Press the "Start" button and wait for it to finish. Once it's done you'll have a backup of your phone's NV Data and IMEI.
Write NV Data
1. In QPST Software Download select the "Restore" tab.
2. Press the "Browse" button next to the QCN file pull down and locate the NV backup you downloaded in the setup section.
3. Press the "Start" button and wait for it to finish. If QPST says that it failed to restart your device just reboot it yourself manually.
4. That's it! You're done!
Restore USB Settings after Backup / Restore:
Dial *#7284# on your phone to access PhoneUtil and select 'Qualcomm USB Settings' at the bottom. Now select 'MTP + ADB' and press 'OK' to return to the previous screen. Now press your 'Back' key to exit PhoneUtil. Your phone is now back to default USB operation.
If you'd like to make sure you are able to use the 1700 band.
1. In your dialer press *#2263# (*#BAND#)
2. Press WCDMA Band Preference then WCDMA 1700.
3. Press the menu key and then select back. You should have an asterisk next to WCDMA 1700 now, and after a few seconds your data connection should start on that band. Enjoy!
4. To revert to full bandwidth: Press the menu key, select back, and then in the service mode menu select automatic.
QPST v2.7.378.zip: http://d-h.st/8vN
Both of these NV Data backup files do the same thing. They just come from different sources.
NV Data backup from T999L: T999LNVData.qcn - 275.50 KB
NV Data backup from I747 using Eng Modem and CSC: I747NV with AWS.qcn - 252.00 KB
CREDITS AND THANKS!
MotoDefier (Huge thank you for giving us this file and teaching me to hate Windows 8!)
DocHoliday77 (Thank you for letting us muck up your awesome T999L thread while we worked this out! Sorry about that!)
Product F(RED) (For sharing this idea)
athlonxp2300 (For getting the ball rolling)
achmedkb01 (For his NV file)
lyriquidperfection )For already having a great QPST guide that helped me write this one, and hosting the QPST download)
sjravi (For starting this with his Note 2 thread and answering my questions about editing the QCN file)
Pat on the back to myself for only mispelling 1 word in this whole op.