Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,624 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] RAZR HD bricked?

Tip us?
 
maks.xt925
Old
#1  
maks.xt925's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Moscow
Prompt [Q] RAZR HD bricked?

After my Fido XT925 received OTA update, it installed succesfully. Some days ago phone working slow down, and i did the factory reset from settings. After that it bootloped (M logo the black screen than green android guy). and when i select "normal booting" through the boot selector menu but it stuck on the Fido logo. after many attempts to boot with other options it booted once from the "Factory" option, but it soo slooow working and i've tryed to do factory reset from the recovery. After that it wan't boot anyway with any options, always stucks on the Fido logo or bootloop. Only after that i've try to unlock the bootloader to full flash. On the last step (when i send command with unique key) it said "failed (too many links)", but when phone reboot it show the warning logo about unlocked bootloader, and in AP Fastboot Mode string with device status is "device is UNLOCKED status code 3".

1) Now it can't be flashed through RSD Lite (it looks like flashing, RSD and fastboot.exe show all steps, no error but on the phone nothing changes)
2) It boot but stuck on the FIdo logo
3) I can access to the ADB Interface from the BP Tools (boot option) after manually edit & install usb driver
4) Bootloader Unlocked
4) i've made logcat boot process (in the attachments)
5) No motorola service in Russia (no way to use hardware programmer)
6) Battery no problem - i charge it using BP Tools

Now there is the question - is there any way to get it work?
Attached Files
File Type: 7z 2.7z - [Click for QR Code] (71.0 KB, 53 views)
 
bgumble
Old
#2  
bgumble's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 443
Join Date: Dec 2008
mine had strange behaviour 'out-of-the-box' like reboots, bootloops, unwanted factory resets, until from recovery menu I wiped every partition twice.

give it a try
Google sync error? CLICK HERE

Device: ..Motorola RAZR HD
ROM: .....cyanogenmod 11.0 nightly
Bootloader: unlocked

Device: ..hTC Desire (hTC Bravo)
ROM: .....Stock Gingerbread (3.14.405.1) ROOT
Kernel: ..snq sense kernel 111118
Radio: ...32.54.00.32U_5.14.05.23
HBoot: ...stock hboot

Retired: hTC Touch HD
(Windows Mobile 6.1)


Sync your files from handy (Pics, MP3, What'sApp ...) online and across computers with dropbox.

click here than you & me get 500MB extra space!
The Following User Says Thank You to bgumble For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
maks.xt925
Old
(Last edited by maks.xt925; 24th February 2013 at 01:19 PM.)
#3  
maks.xt925's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgumble View Post
mine had strange behaviour 'out-of-the-box' like reboots, bootloops, unwanted factory resets, until from recovery menu I wiped every partition twice.

give it a try
thanks, but it no success. (still stuck on the Fido Logo)

from adb shell, looks like there is no access to /data, /cache, /tmp partitions (also in log similar errors). when i try any commands said there is no permissions. For /sdcard also no access but there is another failure - i/o error.
Also, from adb shell i've found binary "restore_userdata" in /system/bin when i've tried to did it it cannot be done, cause no permissions.
I can't install any apk's through the adb cause data partition non accessable and i don't have root for install it in the system partition =( If i had that i can install custom recovery (Safestrap maybe) and then flash custom...
 
danifunker
Old
#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 239
Posts: 889
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] RAZR HD bricked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maks.xt925 View Post
thanks, but it no success. (still stuck on the Fido Logo)

from adb shell, looks like there is no access to /data, /cache, /tmp partitions (also in log similar errors). when i try any commands said there is no permissions. For /sdcard also no access but there is another failure - i/o error.
Also, from adb shell i've found binary "restore_userdata" in /system/bin when i've tried to did it it cannot be done, cause no permissions.
I can't install any apk's through the adb cause data partition non accessable and i don't have root for install it in the system partition =( If i had that i can install custom recovery (Safestrap maybe) and then flash custom...
Try to boot in recovery mode and do a factory reset. See what happens then. Booting in factory mode is different than doing a factory reset, maybe your data partition is full

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Need help restoring your Motorola phone back to stock firmware? Check out my tutorial here
 
maks.xt925
Old
#5  
maks.xt925's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by danifunker View Post
Try to boot in recovery mode and do a factory reset. See what happens then. Booting in factory mode is different than doing a factory reset, maybe your data partition is full

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Already tried, it wrote wiping data, wiping cache, then prepairing for BP masterclear and no one error.
 
danifunker
Old
#6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 239
Posts: 889
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] RAZR HD bricked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maks.xt925 View Post
Already tried, it wrote wiping data, wiping cache, then prepairing for BP masterclear and no one error.
Try jelly bean fastboot, let me know.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Need help restoring your Motorola phone back to stock firmware? Check out my tutorial here
 
maks.xt925
Old
#7  
maks.xt925's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by danifunker View Post
Try jelly bean fastboot, let me know.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Tryed to flash new xml 9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQL-12.2 FULL through the fatsboot.exe (unzip and manually flash step by step) and RSD, nothing changes. Already tried to flash many other xml fw with no success. Also tryed flashing backup Rogers Jelly Bean FullXML-Feb.11-21.06.41
 
bgumble
Old
#8  
bgumble's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 443
Join Date: Dec 2008
Lightbulb remove sdcard

it looks like a broken hardware.

last idea I have: remove sdcard and start wiping again
Google sync error? CLICK HERE

Device: ..Motorola RAZR HD
ROM: .....cyanogenmod 11.0 nightly
Bootloader: unlocked

Device: ..hTC Desire (hTC Bravo)
ROM: .....Stock Gingerbread (3.14.405.1) ROOT
Kernel: ..snq sense kernel 111118
Radio: ...32.54.00.32U_5.14.05.23
HBoot: ...stock hboot

Retired: hTC Touch HD
(Windows Mobile 6.1)


Sync your files from handy (Pics, MP3, What'sApp ...) online and across computers with dropbox.

click here than you & me get 500MB extra space!
 
maks.xt925
Old
(Last edited by maks.xt925; 27th February 2013 at 05:18 PM.) Reason: UPD: Now, dont't worry about buggy-phone, i sell it for parts...
#9  
maks.xt925's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgumble View Post
it looks like a broken hardware.

last idea I have: remove sdcard and start wiping again
there is no sdcard installed. also nosim card. (but i've already tried with installed)
UPD: Now, dont't worry about buggy-phone, sell it for parts...
 
andriykoua
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Feb 2012
Looks like I am having same issue with my Fido Motorola RAZR HD, after receiving JB update, I couldn't do a security wipe within the OS, so power cycled the phone and did factory reset via Android boot screen, but now my phone can't boot into the OS. keeps rebooting over and over again, the green android guy with blue bar beneath it.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes