Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help I cannot install CWM anymore

Tip us?

domiankrey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help I cannot install CWM anymore

Hi there,

First I have installed CWM with the method I had to use the codes "adb reboot bootloader"... and so on and It worked perfectly.

I wanted to install the Envi ROM and on the tutorial there was said I first should install the Base ROM and then after restarting I should install the Envi ROM. After installing the Base ROM my CWM was gone. Now I can't install it anymore. I tried the following install methods:

-The one I've mentioned already <- Doesnt work because my PC says it does not know the command abd

-The install.bat method <- Does not work because my phone does not get recognized, despite I have all the drivers installed.

-The RecoverX method <- Does not work because my phone does not get recognized, despite I have all the drivers installed.

-The RecoverX app <- The says that installing CWM worked normally, but still I have no CWM

-The install.bat method directly on my phone <- SManager does not run the .bat even I ran it with the proper rights and adjustments

Mirhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by domiankrey View Post
Hi there,

First I have installed CWM with the method I had to use the codes "adb reboot bootloader"... and so on and It worked perfectly.
-The one I've mentioned already <- Doesnt work because my PC says it does not know the command abd
Did You try flashing a kernel with pre installed recovery? You can flash it using fastboot directly or flashtool.
Also, the command is adb, not "abd". Plus if windows doesn't recognize adb command, then the adb.exe is not in the folder from where You are running the command prompt from.
Pressing the is appreciated!
Kitkat - Carbon ROM - abcdjdj
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirhawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

domiankrey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk View Post
Did You try flashing a kernel with pre installed recovery? You can flash it using fastboot directly or flashtool.
Also, the command is adb, not "abd". Plus if windows doesn't recognize adb command, then the adb.exe is not in the folder from where You are running the command prompt from.
How can I flash a Kernel with a pre Installed Recovery

Where do I get the adb.exe?

Mirhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
How can I flash a Kernel with a pre Installed Recovery

Where do I get the adb.exe?
You can install the DoomKernel, it has pre installed recovery. You can flash it via flashtool fastboot. But do note, You have to be on stock ROM.

adb.exe is usually in the flashing files.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirhawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

domiankrey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
You can install the DoomKernel, it has pre installed recovery. You can flash it via flashtool fastboot. But do note, You have to be on stock ROM.

adb.exe is usually in the flashing files.
I have my phone connected in fastboot mode and the fastboot.exe and the kernel are in the same directory.

When I type: fastboot flash boot kernel.elf it only says "waiting for device"...

Mirhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
I have my phone connected in fastboot mode and the fastboot.exe and the kernel are in the same directory.

When I type: fastboot flash boot kernel.elf it only says "waiting for device"...
To connect Your phone in fastboot, You have to switch off Your phone. Then press & hold volume up and then connect the phone to Your PC.

domiankrey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
To connect Your phone in fastboot, You have to switch off Your phone. Then press & hold volume up and then connect the phone to Your PC.
I know that and I did that, but still my device cannot be detected.

I started Ubuntu (Live CD) installed adb und fastboot and tried it there... same result?

Is something wrong is my phone?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-04-14-43-12[1].jpg
Views:	24
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	2780147  

Mirhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 138
I don't think the drivers have been installed properly. Install fastboot and flash mode drivers from flashtool, it has drivers in it's folder. Else if even that doesn't work, install "Sony Update Service", and it will install required drivers.
Edit: I'm giving You instructions for Windows, are You using Ubuntu or was that just a trial?

domiankrey
Old
(Last edited by domiankrey; 4th June 2014 at 08:06 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I don't think the drivers have been installed properly. Install fastboot and flash mode drivers from flashtool, it has drivers in it's folder. Else if even that doesn't work, install "Sony Update Service", and it will install required drivers.
Edit: I'm giving You instructions for Windows, are You using Ubuntu or was that just a trial?
I am using Windows. I installed from flashtool and I did not work, I am gonna try Sony Update Service now.

I tried Ubuntu because somebody said me that Ubuntu will detect all the drivers automaticly and there would be no detection problem...

Edit: After INSTALLING Update Service, I still get the same Message "Device not found" Should I run my phone through update Service too?
Why did it not work on my phone with smanager?

Captain Droid
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
I am using Windows. I installed from flash tool and I did not work, I am gonna try Sony Update Service now.

I tried Ubuntu because somebody said me that Ubuntu will detect all the drivers automatically and there would be no detection problem...

Edit: After INSTALLING Update Service, I still get the same Message "Device not found" Should I run my phone through update Service too?
Why did it not work on my phone with s manager?
I suppose your phone is Xperia S.
If you have unlocked the boot loader , then Sony Official Softwares wont work. If your boot loader is still locked and this error is occurring then its mistake from your side.

I guess by Base ROM you meant official ROM. So if you were on official ROM, did you check for Root Privileges, Busy Box is installed etc ??
Im using Xperia Ion so the steps might be different but results all are same.

Try different methods, it will work.

Sony Xperia ION(LT28h)
Android Version - JB 4.1.2
Kernel - Ghost Kernel Final - CWM + TWRP
Tweaks - init.d + build.prop
Bootloader Status - Un-Locked
Firmware - FX5280 Build - 6.2.B.1.96

Hit Thanks, If i Helped you

* Do not be afraid to ask dumb questions; they are easier to handle than dumb mistakes *

The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Droid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]