Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,844 Members 51,655 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CMW?

Tip us?
 
B.E.McAllister
Old
(Last edited by B.E.McAllister; 18th June 2014 at 05:04 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 90
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default CMW?

I just got my Verizon S3 mini and I have no ideal how or what to install for recoveries and flashing. I've done a search and the closet I can find is install through ROM manager but I don't see the s3 mini or anything compatible with it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
 
factorexh
Old
#2  
factorexh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 240
Join Date: Feb 2013
where did you search it? on mars?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

there is two ways.
1. install odin to your pc and connect your phone for cmw install.
2. on your current recovery. (power+menu+volume up)
go recovery>install zip from sd card.


Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
B.E.McAllister
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 90
Join Date: Mar 2011
I appreciate the help, guess I forgot to mention that I have tried to install the CWM through Odin for the GT-I8190 on both odin3.09 and well as odin3.04, both fail on my SM-730V.
 
xXPR0T0TYPEXx
Old
#4  
xXPR0T0TYPEXx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 172
Posts: 484
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E.McAllister View Post
I appreciate the help, guess I forgot to mention that I have tried to install the CWM through Odin for the GT-I8190 on both odin3.09 and well as odin3.04, both fail on my SM-730V.
GT-i8190 and SM-730V are different devices. There are no custom recoveries for SM-730V yet :sly:
The Following User Says Thank You to xXPR0T0TYPEXx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
B.E.McAllister
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 90
Join Date: Mar 2011
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. Sorry if this is a stupid question I'm coming from the Motorola world but without a custom recovery I have no way of flashing a ROM correct?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
 
xXPR0T0TYPEXx
Old
#6  
xXPR0T0TYPEXx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 172
Posts: 484
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E.McAllister View Post
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. Sorry if this is a stupid question I'm coming from the Motorola world but without a custom recovery I have no way of flashing a ROM correct?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Unfortunately yes, but you can flash stock ROMs via Odin
 
B.E.McAllister
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 90
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPR0T0TYPEXx View Post
Unfortunately yes, but you can flash stock ROMs via Odin
As in only the official Samsung stock recover jar for Odin or stock based ROMs as well?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
 
tys0n
Old
#8  
tys0n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1231
Posts: 1,979
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E.McAllister View Post
As in only the official Samsung stock recover jar for Odin or stock based ROMs as well?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
The bootloader is locked on SM-G730 which means you can't flash anything that is not signed from samsung unless someone comes up with a way to unlock it.
You can still root it and debloat, tweak, run Xposed etc
Official firmware can be found on SamMobile in case you'll need it.
 
B.E.McAllister
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 90
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n View Post
The bootloader is locked on SM-G730 which means you can't flash anything that is not signed from samsung unless someone comes up with a way to unlock it.
You can still root it and debloat, tweak, run Xposed etc
Official firmware can be found on SamMobile in case you'll need it.
Makes sense, thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


How to Factory Reset your Samsung Gear Live Android Wear SmartWatch – XDA Developer TV

Do you want to Factory Reset your Samsung Gear … more

Get Your Special xda:devcon ’14 Hotel And Conference Rate While It Lasts

By now you’ve definitely heard about XDA’s … more

Google Chromecast Rootable Once Again!

Over the six months, theGoogle Chromecasthas gained a considerable amount of official functionality. … more

YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more