Update 2.15.502.2

OP tmknight

31st May 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 24

398 posts
More
Has anyone figured out how to apply this update on a rooted device running "official" ROM? For me the update downloads and reboots to recovery (twrp in my case). The update is not applied.

Thoughts?
31st May 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 400

933 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmknight

Has anyone figured out how to apply this update on a rooted device running "official" ROM? For me the update downloads and reboots to recovery (twrp in my case). The update is not applied.

Thoughts?

you need stock recovery, also i think (not completely sure about this) you have to unroot and maybe even relock your bootloader in order to apply the update.
16th June 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper90

you need stock recovery, also i think (not completely sure about this) you have to unroot and maybe even relock your bootloader in order to apply the update.

My phone is completely stock and I still can't download this update. Maybe because I live in Europe... This is awful.
16th June 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 400

933 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Petrov

My phone is completely stock and I still can't download this update. Maybe because I live in Europe... This is awful.

you said, you've got TWRP recovery installed, so your phone's bootloader is definitely unlocked and you've got a custom recovery installed. The update only works if /system partition is completely stock, you've got stock recovery and your bootloader is (re-)locked.
if anything doesn't match your phones CID, the update won't install.
17th June 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
I did not say that. tmknight did.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread