Storage

XPERIA SP and a soundcard !

15th June 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

3 posts
Hi all,

I've just tried and I can confirm that it's possible to connect an ASUS Xonar U3 USB sound card to XPERIA SP.
It's working perfectly, just plug & play (... the music). No apps, no drivers.
The best part is that it requires no external power, nothing. It's powered just from the phone. And beacuse it's quite small, I can take it everywhere with me
The card has its own headphone amplifier so the volume level is really high.

I don't have any other USB soundcard to test, but this one tested and ROCKS !
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to emcom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 09:42 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 141

399 posts
More
Or unlock your bootloader, install a custom rom, followed by a kernel that supports Fauxound and you get awesome LOUD noise aswell.

That in combination with Viper4Android with beats audio convolver... Nothing that can beat that.
19th June 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 429

504 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamm86

Or unlock your bootloader, install a custom rom, followed by a kernel that supports Fauxound and you get awesome LOUD noise aswell.

That in combination with Viper4Android with beats audio convolver... Nothing that can beat that.

The problem with faux sound is that it will saturate. If you use a dedicated soundcard the sound will be much clearer.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
19th June 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamm86

It's not about loudness, it's just that external soundcard sounds great and SONY audio processing (Clear Audio+) is working great with it !
And I don't need to mess with ROMs, bootloaders etc. Just connect the card and that's it !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread