Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 38,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recovering S-Memo Files after Flashing a ROM

Tip us?

professorbeej
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Recovering S-Memo Files after Flashing a ROM

Okay, so I think I'm stupid. I was on a rooted Stock ICS build, and I was using S-Memo quite a bit. I had Titanium run batch backups of my apps and data every few nights and upload them to Dropbox.

Then, on the 23rd, I flashed the CM9 Nightly, which obviously doesn't work with S-Memo since it's TW only.

Is there a way for me to recover some of the notes I had saved in S-Memo now that I'm on CM9? Could I restore the old S-Memo from Titanium, or is there a way to extract the data since I still have the backup files? Or are those just gone for good?

It's not a huge deal if they're gone for good, but there were a few things I wish I'd exported--but I didn't think about that.

Spork McBork
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorbeej View Post
Okay, so I think I'm stupid. I was on a rooted Stock ICS build, and I was using S-Memo quite a bit. I had Titanium run batch backups of my apps and data every few nights and upload them to Dropbox.

Then, on the 23rd, I flashed the CM9 Nightly, which obviously doesn't work with S-Memo since it's TW only.

Is there a way for me to recover some of the notes I had saved in S-Memo now that I'm on CM9? Could I restore the old S-Memo from Titanium, or is there a way to extract the data since I still have the backup files? Or are those just gone for good?

It's not a huge deal if they're gone for good, but there were a few things I wish I'd exported--but I didn't think about that.
To be honest I haven't seen any method of viewing S-Note files on anything but the S-Note app.

Maybe send the files to someone here or you know with TW note, and have them snap screenshots for your records?

rezoon
Old
(Last edited by rezoon; 27th July 2012 at 03:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Default Nandroid backups.....

Before flasing a new rom it is always prudent to use CWM to create a nandroid complete backup of your phone (i.e. android OS and phone's memory). This backup would have allowed you to go straight back to your old OS and data.

TiBa is great for restoring your programs once you are in a new fresh rom.

If you don't want to wait for someones help, nandroid backup your current ICS build, grab the original GB TW ROM flash it on, TiBu your old data back - hopefully you saved the SNote data - and don't forget to nandroid backup the stock OS after restoring your data. Then restore the ICS rom and voila no more going back to empty os...

Emir5kurt
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Yes you can still recover your memos. At least I could. Go to internal SD card, applications, smemo, cache. You should see your memos there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Emir5kurt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ricnar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have that files, but how i can recover it?
When i start Snote, it doesn't see that files.
Please help me!

aelmahmoudy
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emir5kurt View Post
Yes you can still recover your memos. At least I could. Go to internal SD card, applications, smemo, cache. You should see your memos there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Hello,

All the memos I've done, were written in plain text. Yet the data in <internal memory>/Application/SMemo has the memos exported as PNG images ! Where is the plain text of the memos ?

aelmahmoudy
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelmahmoudy View Post
Hello,

All the memos I've done, were written in plain text. Yet the data in <internal memory>/Application/SMemo has the memos exported as PNG images ! Where is the plain text of the memos ?

I found that it is in an SQLite database in /data/data/com.sec.android.widgetapp.diotek.smemo/databases/pen_memo.db

alm77ar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
your old memos can be found on below Loc. even after flashing
Application\SMemo\cache
The Following User Says Thank You to alm77ar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

S4_user
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alm77ar View Post
your old memos can be found on below Loc. even after flashing
Application\SMemo\cache
I am in the same boat. I recovered multiple Unsaved files in the cache and another folder called 'Switcher' located in >Applications>S Memo>Switcher. I was in the middle of writing these memos when the application closed.

All the memos I lost seem to be in the Switcher, given their time-stamps. However, they are .SFP files and I cannot open them. When I try to convert the filetype to .SNB (the S Memo filetype), my phone will not open them ('File Could Not Load').

Is there a way for me to somehow restore these files?