Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 43,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Returning to Stock T-MOB101

Tip us?
 
F4t4l!tY
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Apr 2009
Question Returning to Stock T-MOB101

Hi everybody,

I've been reading a lot of stuff since now but still have some unanswered questions.
I want to return to completely stock as for insurance or warranty purposes.

I originally got an german HTC One M8 with T-MOB101 cid.

I unlocked the bootloader as the temp-root variant did not work for me, s-off'ed, changed cid to Supercid and flashed ViperRom.

But now I have to send it in to insurance company because my display glass broke after dropping my htc one off about 1 Foot...

So how would be the optimal procedure to get as close to completely stock?
I know that after reverting everything the bootloader would still say relocked.

So my idea was to:
1. get an original T-MOB101 NAND backup and restore it (beforehand restore T-MOB101 cid)
2. flashing stock recovery
3. Removing Tampered (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...20&postcount=1)
4. Setting Locked (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708571)
5. play over an OTA firmware.zip

This would lead me to a stock rom with OTA capability, but would still show me the red warning as well as S-OFF.

As an alternative I read about hex edited hboots to get rid of the red warning or even Mask S-off as s-on.
However in the according thread i could not make out an hboot corresponding to the T-MOB101 CID. So I tried it on my own after having a look at stock and modified hboots.
I edited my own hboot according to those modification but am too scared to flash it as it could hard brick my phone....

So I ask you guys, am I on the right way and what would you do ?

Greetz F4t4l!tY
 
GermanGuy
Old
#2  
GermanGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 1,089
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4t4l!tY View Post
Hi everybody,

I've been reading a lot of stuff since now but still have some unanswered questions.
I want to return to completely stock as for insurance or warranty purposes.

I originally got an german HTC One M8 with T-MOB101 cid.

I unlocked the bootloader as the temp-root variant did not work for me, s-off'ed, changed cid to Supercid and flashed ViperRom.

But now I have to send it in to insurance company because my display glass broke after dropping my htc one off about 1 Foot...

So how would be the optimal procedure to get as close to completely stock?
I know that after reverting everything the bootloader would still say relocked.

So my idea was to:
1. get an original T-MOB101 NAND backup and restore it (beforehand restore T-MOB101 cid)
2. flashing stock recovery
3. Removing Tampered (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...20&postcount=1)
4. Setting Locked (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708571)
5. play over an OTA firmware.zip

This would lead me to a stock rom with OTA capability, but would still show me the red warning as well as S-OFF.

As an alternative I read about hex edited hboots to get rid of the red warning or even Mask S-off as s-on.
However in the according thread i could not make out an hboot corresponding to the T-MOB101 CID. So I tried it on my own after having a look at stock and modified hboots.
I edited my own hboot according to those modification but am too scared to flash it as it could hard brick my phone....

So I ask you guys, am I on the right way and what would you do ?

Greetz F4t4l!tY
To tell you the truth, I don't think the insurance company will care about any software mods. Different story if you had to send it in to HTC.
AT&T HTC One M8
 
F4t4l!tY
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanGuy View Post
To tell you the truth, I don't think the insurance company will care about any software mods. Different story if you had to send it in to HTC.
Well, actually I would agree, but as they turn on the phone and a red warning pops up I could think of any crazy reason why they would deny the repair or exchange ^^.

Whatever that reason might be that would result in a broken glass caused by the software

Does the red text dissappear if I return S-ON, officially relock bootloader, stock recovery and cid?
 
GermanGuy
Old
#4  
GermanGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 1,089
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4t4l!tY View Post
Well, actually I would agree, but as they turn on the phone and a red warning pops up I could think of any crazy reason why they would deny the repair or exchange ^^.

Whatever that reason might be that would result in a broken glass caused by the software

Does the red text dissappear if I return S-ON, officially relock bootloader, stock recovery and cid?
The only way to get rid off the red text is with a modifed HBOOT.
AT&T HTC One M8
 
F4t4l!tY
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanGuy View Post
The only way to get rid off the red text is with a modifed HBOOT.
Well ok, I feared that. You're not accidently fit in Hex-Editing ?

As I said, I already backed up my hboot and edited it as the other hboots I founds with the wrong cid. But I'm afraid of flashing it without anyone else who knows something about hexediting took a second look at it.

Also does the hboot get overwritten by a NAND backup? So if I'll restore I would have to modify that hboot and not the one I'm currently at?
 
GermanGuy
Old
#6  
GermanGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 1,089
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4t4l!tY View Post
Well ok, I feared that. You're not accidently fit in Hex-Editing ?

As I said, I already backed up my hboot and edited it as the other hboots I founds with the wrong cid. But I'm afraid of flashing it without anyone else who knows something about hexediting took a second look at it.

Also does the hboot get overwritten by a NAND backup? So if I'll restore I would have to modify that hboot and not the one I'm currently at?
Sorry, have not done hexediting in a while. Hboot is part of firmware, does not get overwritten by restore backup.
AT&T HTC One M8
 
F4t4l!tY
Old
(Last edited by F4t4l!tY; 19th June 2014 at 06:44 PM.)
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Apr 2009
Alright but thanks anyway.
If there is someone out there who could help, i would appreciate that .

Thx in advance!
 
Jyotirdeb
Old
#8  
Jyotirdeb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 246
Posts: 232
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere in The Coal Capital Of India-Dhanbad
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4t4l!tY View Post
Alright but thanks anyway.
If there is someone out there who could help, i would appreciate that .

Thx in advance!
First you should flash the stock rom then stock recovery.This will remove your red text.then you should flash ruu.I would suggest not to change your cid.
Also if you are comfortable you can change your cid to supercid,mid to wwe mid then flash wwe fw and its recovery then flash the ruu.This will convert your phone to international htc with s-off and super cid and you will be able to take ota and you will have full 100% warranty.
Don't say thanks hit thanks if I have helped.

Current Device:

S-OFF-Yes
Recovery:TWRP
Kernel:ElementalX
Rom:Android Revolution HD by Mike!
 
F4t4l!tY
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Apr 2009
Hey Jyotirdeb,
thanks for your input.
But there is still the problem, that I have to come to T-MOB101 firmware and not the WWE. Furthermore as far as I have read, the red text will only disappear if I flash stock recovery, stock ROM AND S-ON again. At least without a modified HBOOT.

Other problem is, that there are as far as i know no RUUs available for the M8 up to now. Correct me if I'm mistaken. At least I didn't find one, especially for cid T-MOB101.
 
Jyotirdeb
Old
#10  
Jyotirdeb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 246
Posts: 232
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere in The Coal Capital Of India-Dhanbad
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4t4l!tY View Post
Hey Jyotirdeb,
thanks for your input.
But there is still the problem, that I have to come to T-MOB101 firmware and not the WWE. Furthermore as far as I have read, the red text will only disappear if I flash stock recovery, stock ROM AND S-ON again. At least without a modified HBOOT.

Other problem is, that there are as far as i know no RUUs available for the M8 up to now. Correct me if I'm mistaken. At least I didn't find one, especially for cid T-MOB101.
It is true that you have to be on stock rom and stock kernel.But you dont have to be s-on you can be s-off.And yes as far as I know there is EU ruu (unbranded) maybe you have to wait for hTC to release Ruu for other variant.I am sorry I cant be of more help.
Don't say thanks hit thanks if I have helped.

Current Device:

S-OFF-Yes
Recovery:TWRP
Kernel:ElementalX
Rom:Android Revolution HD by Mike!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Try to Keep Up with Just Swipe Game

Sometimes, the simplest of games are the ones that end up beingthe most addictive and end up consuming … more

MultiROM Ported to the Moto E

Few categoriesof Android development are as intrinsically interestingas the ability to boot into multiple … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: How to Control Google Play Wake Locks – XDA Developer TV

Xposed Modules are usually pretty simple. There are a few … more

Make Text Entry More Efficient with Macro Text Expansion

One of the best things about the modern day smartphone is its ability to save us … more