Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more
Post Reply

Need help...!! camera functionality not working after unlocking bootloader

OP sharathkumar

20th June 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
1stly i have 4.4.2 (.757) running on my z1 and i downgraded to .534 and i rooted the device by vroot and backed up the DRM keys successfully.. and then i flashed to .290 and unlocked the bootloader by flashtool and then downgraded to .534 and then installed the dual recovery and then flashed using the flashable recovery using recovery and then i found that camera is not working properly.. camera is opening and when i press the shutter butter its trying to focus the area and after focusing it freezes and doesn't shutter... so this is my problem... please help...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1970-09-27-11-39-18.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	2807775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1970-09-27-11-39-31.png
Views:	40
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	2807776  
20th June 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #2  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,156
 
9,653 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
So much fail.
Do not use vroot, it sends your imei number to an ip address in China.
Also, unlocking your bootloader on 4.2 will break your camera, it clearly says so on the Sony official site about unlocking your bootloader.

Now, the solution.
Restore your ta partition.
Use pccompanion to update to the latest firmware
Unlock your bootloader again
Flash a custom kernel of your choice
Install super user app of your choice

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

So much fail.
Do not use vroot, it sends your imei number to an ip address in China.
Also, unlocking your bootloader on 4.2 will break your camera, it clearly says so on the Sony official site about unlocking your bootloader.

Now, the solution.
Restore your ta partition.
Use pccompanion to update to the latest firmware
Unlock your bootloader again
Flash a custom kernel of your choice
Install super user app of your choice

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


i have unlocked the bootloader in 4.3 i.e 14.2.A.0.290 with flashtool and i installed the dual recovery in 4.2 i.e 14.1.G.1.534

what happened to the camera.. can u xplain the reason behind it...??
Last edited by sharathkumar; 20th June 2014 at 07:19 AM.
20th June 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #4  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,156
 
9,653 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathkumar

i have unlocked the bootloader in 4.3 i.e 14.2.A.0.290 and i installed the dual recovery in 4.2 i.e 14.1.G.1.534

.534 is 4.2 FW. the camera will not work with an unlocked boot.

Follow the advice I gave above
20th June 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

.534 is 4.2 FW. the camera will not work with an unlocked boot.

Follow the advice I gave above

yeah..!! i have done it.. thanks
but i have unlocked it in 4.3 does it make any sence by unlocking the bootloader in 4.3 and i didn't get any recovery mode... so.. i downgrader to 4.2 and installed the dual recovery as the thread says it needs .534 firmware to root properly...
20th June 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #6  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,156
 
9,653 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathkumar

yeah..!! i have done it.. thanks
but i have unlocked it in 4.3 does it make any sence by unlocking the bootloader in 4.3 and i didn't get any recovery mode... so.. i downgrader to 4.2 and installed the dual recovery as the thread says it needs .534 firmware to root properly...

I have to ask

Why are you unlocking your bootloader? What have you done it for? You do not get a recovery mode just by unlocking the boot, you have to flash a custom kernel with recovery in it

You either do all the downgrading and install dual recovery if you have a locked bootloader


OR


You unlock your bootloader, flash a custom kernel with recovery and install super user app

there is no need for both approaches and that's why you are getting problems
20th June 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

I have to ask

Why are you unlocking your bootloader? What have you done it for? You do not get a recovery mode just by unlocking the boot, you have to flash a custom kernel with recovery in it

You either do all the downgrading and install dual recovery if you have a locked bootloader


OR


You unlock your bootloader, flash a custom kernel with recovery and install super user app

there is no need for both approaches and that's why you are getting problems


i unlocked the bootloader... i didn't find any recovery after unlocking so i followed the xzdual recovery process... but is it safe to flash a custom kernel.. and by installing only recovery without kernel does this doesn't help..
20th June 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #8  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,156
 
9,653 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathkumar

i unlocked the bootloader... i didn't find any recovery after unlocking so i followed the xzdual recovery process... but is it safe to flash a custom kernel.. and by installing only recovery without kernel does this doesn't help..

Why did you unlock the bootloader? What did you want to do with it?

You can not install a recovery without a custom kernel, xperia devices have no recovery partition, it can only be installed by pushing the ramdisks to the system partition or by flashing a custom kernel.

Please follow the advice I gave several posts ago.... that is your solution.

Then spend some time reading up on xperia device flashing.

1) Xperia devices have no factory recovery or recovery partition
2) Unlocking the bootloader is the fastest and easiest method to root and get recovery (If you are allowed to do it)
3) If you cannot or do not want to unlock the bootloader, then go through the downgrade, root, dual recovery process...
20th June 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

Why did you unlock the bootloader? What did you want to do with it?

You can not install a recovery without a custom kernel, xperia devices have no recovery partition, it can only be installed by pushing the ramdisks to the system partition or by flashing a custom kernel.

Please follow the advice I gave several posts ago.... that is your solution.

Then spend some time reading up on xperia device flashing.

1) Xperia devices have no factory recovery or recovery partition
2) Unlocking the bootloader is the fastest and easiest method to root and get recovery (If you are allowed to do it)
3) If you cannot or do not want to unlock the bootloader, then go through the downgrade, root, dual recovery process...

ok... can we get the recovery by unlocking the bootloader by official way??
and i saw a doomkernel... by installing it in fastboot can i get the recovery mode with locked bootloader or i should seperately install the recovery..??
20th June 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #10  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,156
 
9,653 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Please follow my advice from post #2
that is your solution

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank