Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 37,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Processor overclocking with CM10.2.1

Tip us?

OldrThanDirt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Processor overclocking with CM10.2.1

I've inherited a Color Nook from a friend that passed away last year and I'm a very raw beginner at all of this. It had CM7 on it and had the capability of overclocking the processor. The SD card went bad and I purchased a new one. I've followed the directions and was able to install CM10.2.1 and the gapps program and get it working. Where can I find the program to get the nook to overclock?

hwong96
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldrThanDirt View Post
I've inherited a Color Nook from a friend that passed away last year and I'm a very raw beginner at all of this. It had CM7 on it and had the capability of overclocking the processor. The SD card went bad and I purchased a new one. I've followed the directions and was able to install CM10.2.1 and the gapps program and get it working. Where can I find the program to get the nook to overclock?
look in Settings:Performance:Processor.
CPO Nook Color emmc CM11 + 16gb uSD with Multi windows
CPO Nook Color 32 gb uSD CM7.1 oc'd 1.225 gHz
Prodigy EL908 rooted stock AMLogic 8726 M6 Dual Core 1.5gHz 16gb+32gb uSD with Multi windows
The Following User Says Thank You to hwong96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OldrThanDirt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwong96 View Post
look in Settings:Performance:Processor.
I've looked through the settings, and unless I've missed it somewhere there is no performance setting.

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,623

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I've looked through the settings, and unless I've missed it somewhere there is no performance setting.
You have to activate the setting. Go to settings, about tablet and tap the build number several times. That will activate both developer settings and performance settings.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OldrThanDirt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
You have to activate the setting. Go to settings, about tablet and tap the build number several times. That will activate both developer settings and performance settings.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Thank you Sir! Appreciate your time. Will give it a try after reinstalling CM10.2 on a new card. The Sandisk SD card I purchased seems to have decided to no longer function and will not reformat or be seen by anything.

hwong96
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Thank you Sir! Appreciate your time. Will give it a try after reinstalling CM10.2 on a new card. The Sandisk SD card I purchased seems to have decided to no longer function and will not reformat or be seen by anything.
Did you use SDformatter to reformat?

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
CPO Nook Color emmc CM11 + 16gb uSD with Multi windows
CPO Nook Color 32 gb uSD CM7.1 oc'd 1.225 gHz
Prodigy EL908 rooted stock AMLogic 8726 M6 Dual Core 1.5gHz 16gb+32gb uSD with Multi windows