Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,289 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Excluding Specific Apps from Titanium Backup Schedules

Tip us?

Tokimiya
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Excluding Specific Apps from Titanium Backup Schedules

Hi,

How can we put a negative filter on Titanium Backup so that it excludes specific apps instead of selecting for it (as does the default positive filter)?

For example, I want to exclude Seek Droid from TB's "Backup New Apps" schedule, so that I will back up everything that's been recently installed, but not Seek Droid.

Thanks!

Sorry for bad english.

andrewNY
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokimiya View Post
Hi,

How can we put a negative filter on Titanium Backup so that it excludes specific apps instead of selecting for it (as does the default positive filter)?

For example, I want to exclude Seek Droid from TB's "Backup New Apps" schedule, so that I will back up everything that's been recently installed, but not Seek Droid.

Thanks!

Sorry for bad english.

I would also like to do this. I have one app that I'd like to exclude from my scheduled backups. There seems to be an option in TB to create a negative filter, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet. Anyone have a walkthrough?
andrewNY @ xda-developers
Device: Nexus 5 (hammerhead) 32gb
- ROM: Stock Android 4.4.4 KitKat (rooted + faux123 kernel + Xposed + GravityBox)
Device: Nexus 7 (2013) (flo) 32gb
- ROM: Stock Android 4.4.4 KitKat (rooted + Xposed + GravityBox)

krisg1984
Old
Thanks Meter 0
+1 for this feature too.

Slipurson
Old
(Last edited by Slipurson; 18th August 2012 at 11:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokimiya View Post
Hi,

Thanks!

Sorry for bad english.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewNY View Post
I would also like to do this. I have one app that I'd like to exclude from my scheduled backups. There seems to be an option in TB to create a negative filter, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet. Anyone have a walkthrough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisg1984 View Post
+1 for this feature too.
To exclude apps with the help of a filter.

- Start Titanium Backup
- Touch the Search-icon
- Touch the Funnel-icon (in the upper right corner)
- Scroll down and and create a label
- Check the box where it sez something like "reverse order" or smth (my locale is swedish), the box is on the same line as the "Create label"-button.
- Go to the Apps-list, longpress an app and assign a label

Now it should be possible to use a filter to exclude an app in a scheduled or manual backup

[EDIT]
Heh, i think my fingers was faster than my brain there, the box you can check is ofc only for excludning labels in the search.. not excludning filters when you schedule a backup.. this is what happens whan you write a "walkthrough" before you test it..

Only other way, I can think of, is to make a label the same way as described and then simply exclude that app from that label, and then remember to add every app to the label every time you install a new one.

ccube
Old
Thanks Meter 1
any news on this? TB backs up all google music cloud data. and syncs multiple gigabytes into dropbox every night. (
RAPH300
RHODIUM

WinMo 6.5.x
XDANDROID

goodtimes50
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Create a label and select the apps you want to exclude from the backup (using "Add/remove elements" when editing the label). Enable the label and then click the "Inverse (exclude labels)" checkbox. Configure the other filter settings as desired then save the filter and use it for your backups.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to goodtimes50 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ccube
Old
Thanks Meter 1
ah got it. thank you so much )
RAPH300
RHODIUM

WinMo 6.5.x
XDANDROID

Tom.Molyn
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default Works for one time backups, not scheduled backups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes50 View Post
Create a label and select the apps you want to exclude from the backup (using "Add/remove elements" when editing the label). Enable the label and then click the "Inverse (exclude labels)" checkbox. Configure the other filter settings as desired then save the filter and use it for your backups.
This method does work but it won't allow you to automate the backups while excluding certain apps.

I am trying to automate moving user apps to the sd card once a week. Some apps however need to be on the internal memory for the widget to work; pandora, shazam, tiny flashlight, google music*, etc.
I was trying to label these certain apps to be excluded from internal user apps that can be selected in the schedule. So far i have run out of ideas.
I would love this to be implemented into the app, and I'll be writing a review onto the play store.

If anyone has a work around I'd appreciate it.

ccube
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes50 View Post
Does not really work. I excluded one app (Google Music) and it just backups this one!
Very annoying, that such a simple feature is missing...
RAPH300
RHODIUM

WinMo 6.5.x
XDANDROID

Superfebs
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I totally agree that this should be added. It should be trivial.
Not having such a simple feature lowers the value of custom filters a great lot, and of the app itself as well.