Oddly large amount of Kit Kat downloads

OP mattcorby

18th June 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I have a new app out, Life Time Alarm Clock, it was released 2 weeks ago, but just started picking up traction yesterday. When it was first released, I noticed that a really oddly high percentage of downloads was from Android 4.4 devices. My other app is downloaded by only 38% 4.4 devices.

Now that my app has picked up traction, being on five review sites, it is still getting a lot of 4.4 devices - 82% to be precise. Not that I'm complaining that I'm getting a lot of users with newer phones, but it just seems odd to me. I do get a trickle of 4.0 through 4.3 devices.

Anybody know what's going on? I'm worried that I'm excluding a lot of 4.0 through 4.3 devices, but I'm not sure how that could be.
18th June 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
To add to that, I just noticed that the top devices that have downloaded my app are:

Nexus 5
Moto X
Nexus 4

And not until 4th place does the Galaxy S4 show up. How is that possible? Samsung phones are by far the most popular, now I'm really worried that somehow I've excluded a lot of the most popular phones somehow.
20th June 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 6

49 posts
More
I'm not a Samsung user. Maybe they haven't heard of your app yet so you need to spread your app to Samsung users. Besides it's better to gain a lot of downloaders from other devices rather than a few that are interested.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread