FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Mega 6.3 won't charge!

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By radiske, Junior Member on 6th May 2014, 01:01 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Guys, i have a 10 months old Galaxy Mega 6.3 and suddenly i'm not able to charge the battery.

I've tried to charge with 30%~ 40%, with my phone turned on, which i always do, everyday... And don't charge at all.

I've tried to charge it turned off, but keeps repeating that screen with the battery with a circle(and a rumble), then this repeats over and over...

Is my battery dead?

6th May 2014, 02:23 PM |#2  
Flag denver
Thanks Meter: 408

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiske

Guys, i have a 10 months old Galaxy Mega 6.3 and suddenly i'm not able to charge the battery.

I've tried to charge with 30%~ 40%, with my phone turned on, which i always do, everyday... And don't charge at all.

I've tried to charge it turned off, but keeps repeating that screen with the battery with a circle(and a rumble), then this repeats over and over...

Is my battery dead?

Sounds like a charder port issue

Sent from my sgh-i527 with xda premium 4

HOPSIN-KAT KEYBOARDS IS NOW UP AND RUNNING CHECK EM OUT OVER AT THE CANDY SHOP!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52221912
6th May 2014, 03:59 PM |#3  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 253

More
Quote:

Is my battery dead?

Hi..first try removing the battery from the phone for about 10 secs and put it back in and see if that will help, because the battery should still be in a charging state even if the battery was not that good as this has happened to me on other samsung phones, and if not better re-install the rom you have, but make a backup first if you can..worth a try before proceeding further.
6th May 2014, 05:17 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10

Hi..first try removing the battery from the phone for about 10 secs and put it back in and see if that will help, because the battery should still be in a charging state even if the battery was not that good as this has happened to me on other samsung phones, and if not better re-install the rom you have, but make a backup first if you can..worth a try before proceeding further.

I have the latest stock rom installed, so, i don't think it is a rom issue. Besides that, how can i re-install it if i can't turn my phone on? Now i have something 1 or 2% battery life =/

I've tried to remove the battery a couple times, 10sec, 10min... nothing seems to work. Since i have warranty, i'll have to use it, the problem here in Brazil, specially in my city, the service takes forever(3 to 4 weeks =/)
6th May 2014, 06:51 PM |#5  
Flag denver
Thanks Meter: 408

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have the latest stock rom installed, so, i don't think it is a rom issue. Besides that, how can i re-install it if i can't turn my phone on? Now i have something 1 or 2% battery life =/

I've tried to remove the battery a couple times, 10sec, 10min... nothing seems to work. Since i have warranty, i'll have to use it, the problem here in Brazil, specially in my city, the service takes forever(3 to 4 weeks =/)

Its the charging port! I've had the same problem twice I guerente it!

Sent from my sgh-i527 with xda premium 4

HOPSIN-KAT KEYBOARDS IS NOW UP AND RUNNING CHECK EM OUT OVER AT THE CANDY SHOP!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52221912
6th May 2014, 07:15 PM |#6  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 253

More
Oh okay I didn't know you could not get into the rom or past that battery icon..then most likely a port problem forsure..did you try another usb cable to just make sure.

Edit: when you have your usb cable unplugged from the phone it should still boot into your rom as the port has nothing to do with that part..what does it show on your screen when you boot the phone without the usb connected.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by starmaster10; 6th May 2014 at 07:51 PM.
6th May 2014, 08:03 PM |#7  
Flag Cayey
Thanks Meter: 213

More
The battery terminals may be dirty.wipe both gold coloured contacts with a clean, soft cloth and try charging the battery again.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th May 2014, 10:59 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 33

Donate to Me
More
You can check your charger. And also check your charging port.. sometime charger also damage for this..
7th May 2014, 06:53 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

Is my battery dead?

This happened to me last month on my 10 months old Mega. It was driving me crazy. Phone was charging just 10% / hour (as opposed to 60%). I tried charging with other chargers but result wasn't different.

After much research I came to know that my phone did not have any of the following problems

- ROM (stock 4.2.2), my phone was going into good deep sleep etc.
- Some app (I factory reset my phone to rule that out)
- My charger (I used others')
- My USB port (I always use wall charger)

The problem was with the freaking charger cable (weird right?). I took my friend's charging cable and used with original charger and my phone was back on track.

I still have to buy a new cable. Just researching to get a good one (weird again).
11th May 2014, 08:09 PM |#10  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
I found the Mega does tend to get hot sometimes where the battery is. I think it's faulty connectors. One of mine looks a bit discolored. But who knows.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app
13th May 2014, 08:55 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,672

Donate to Me
More
Samsung's charging ports are notoriously bad my old note had the same problem for a while a thicker charger worked then in the end it went off my repair a colleagues note did the same last month and his had to go for repairs it was a big prob with s2 s3 and notes

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread