Why i made this, because i try to decompile systemui.apk and recompile it but it always failed when i recompile.
The problem when recompile is devide into 2 categories:
2. No default translation
I dont know its is only mega systemui or all other devices too, but all device with 4.2.2 JB have almost same problem,
What tools do we need for this:
1. APKTool compatible with 4.2.2
*) I already upload number 1-3 on the attatchment below
Lets go to the tutorial:
1. Extract all tool (1-3) that we've dowload below and put all 4 files in c:\WINDOWS
2. Make folder in C:\ directory, in this tutorial i use APK TOOL
3. Put framework-res.apk and systemui.apk in this folder
4. Make another folder inside the APK TOOL called backup, and put another copy of systemui.apk there
5. Open CMD
6. CD the folder that you made, ex: cd apk tool
7. Than we start decompile by
After you make a change on your SystemUI.apk its time to recompile back..
9. Now if we proceed to compile the apk and it will make 2 error that i already mention above, but its okay we need to know where the error come from
Find the first problem:
Its mean the first problem is style in C:\APK Tool\systemui\res\layout\system_bar_notification_p anel_title.xml, and the error in line 14
Now open the xml file with notepad++ and find line 14, please add + in front of @style/SystemBarNotificationText.
And continue another style problem with same treat as above
After all style finish please try recompile again to know if all the style problem already gone
\APK Tool\systemui\res; found: mk
aapt: warning: string 'day_of_week_long_thursday' has no default translation in
C:\APK Tool\systemui\res; found: mk
For no translation problem:
1. Open your systemui decompile folder and go to build/apk and delete androidmanifest.xml there
2. Open as archive your systemui.apk from backup folder above
3. Copy folder META-INF and AndroidManifest.xml
4. Paste both in build/apk
When you try to recompile again
10. Open as archive almostdone.apk and original systemui.apk from backup folder side by side with 7zip
11. Delete META-INF and AndroidManifest.xml from almostdone.apk and replace it with META-INF and AndroidManifest.xml from original SystemUI.apk
12. Close the 7zip folder and open cmd again and now put command
14. Put in /System/App and it should work.
@powerpoint45 for the amazing thread about compilation systemui.apk original thread
@devabhishek for the tips in no translation original post
Hope this help guys, please press thanks below if this information is useful for you
Happy theming guys..