Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Asus MeMo Pad 7 : ME172V] [All in 1 App] Roms, Rooting, Bugs, General

Tip us?

crazykiddo
Old
(Last edited by crazykiddo; 28th July 2014 at 04:08 PM.) Reason: Root is back baby...
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 369

DONATE TO ME
Info [Asus MeMo Pad 7 : ME172V] [All in 1 App] Roms, Rooting, Bugs, General

ASUS MEMO PAD 7 [ME172V]

UPDATE
We now have root for latest firmware = asus-ME172V-WW_user_4.5.4.52875837_20140520

Uploading....

GET IT FROM THIS POST

================================================== =========
READ THE README.TXT INSIDE ZIP FILE !!
================================================== =========

Quote:
This thread is all about Asus MeMo Pad 7 (ME172V ONLY)
will try keep this thread up to date when new things happend.
DOWNLOADS

==============================================
AMPC BETA APP
With root, unroot, dump, restore and much much more buildin.

GET IT HERE:
LATEST VERSION
LATEST VERSION MIRROR

This app has all the buildin tools for rooting, installing recovery etc.

REMEMBER THIS
- You need to remove any version of the old script from your External SD Card before installing this (Move it to another folder or to PC)
- The app is 35+ MB since it has all the scripts/root kernels etc. Included inside.
- make sure your SD card is min. 4GB and formattet fat32 (And that it is active)

PLEASE PLEASE if you try it give feedback...any feedback please (suggestions, bugs etc.)
WARNING:
Remember this is beta and if for whatever reason you brick your tablet it is not our fault!

================================================

Roms:
AMPC ROM
THREAD

Mods:
SystemUI
Circle battery + deodexed

Settings
AMPC App added to Settings + deodexed

Recovery (CWM):
CWM 6 beta XDA Thread

Full Dump or System/Boot/Recovery
8GB : GET IT HERE
mirror by HTC0017 (thanx buddy)

8GB : GET IT HERE
credits to uploader crazykiddo

8GB : https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navig...BB761AY?path=0
credits to uploader zoyo149

Official USB Drivers:http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Eee...s_20130415.zip

Windows Drivers:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1363661561
Note: Should be installed manually

Clear Data Zip: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Eee.../cleardata.zip (Thanx to nerotNS)
Has been confirmed working.
Instructions:
Asus MeMO Pad ClearData SOP
1. Download the "cleardata.zip"
2. Unzip to MicroSD card
3. insert SD to device
4. press power bottun to boot
5. choose clear user data by volume key and press power key to do the clear data

ME172V Bugs:
- Debug mode on and USB cable connected to PC..pull out cable and suddenly battery is 0% and it reboots (not every time but often)
- WiFi on/off (and others) toast message does not go away sometimes (just press it again on/off)
- Screen is very dark from looking from top and down (portrait mode) (HARDWARE ISSUE)
- Doing adb reboot bootloader or adb reboot fastboot bricks the device.

Feel free to talk about issues/bugs/files whateva u want as long as its the MeMo Pad 7
Please don't ask about root/roms etc...
If it is out its here if not then not out!!

Attached Files
File Type: zip me172v_FW_20140520_Root.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.17 MB, 167 views)
PHONE: Galaxy Note 3 | ROM: STOCK ROOTED AND XPOSED MODDED
TABLET: Asus MeMo Pad 7 | ROM: STOCK | Asus MeMo Pad 7 Thread | Asus MeMo Pad Crew Official Website
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to crazykiddo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beer2nd
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Screen is very dark from looking from top and down (portrait mode)
i think it's a hardware issue not the bug ^_^
Prophet
WM6 Korand WWE 3.1
Radio Rom 2.20.21
Chinese Font on WM5, 6, 6.1 try here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beer2nd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crazykiddo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 369

DONATE TO ME
yes very true, just wanted to get all things there..so we have a full list and users who want to buy it know what they are getting...
TABLET: Asus MeMo Pad 7 | ROM: STOCK | Asus MeMo Pad 7 Thread | Asus MeMo Pad Crew Official Website
The Following User Says Thank You to crazykiddo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nerotNS
Old
(Last edited by nerotNS; 1st April 2013 at 06:03 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 393

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykiddo View Post
yes very true, just wanted to get all things there..so we have a full list and users who want to buy it know what they are getting...
It's not exactly a hardware bug it's just the way the hardware is. Also you should add in red letters or something that doing adb reboot bootloader or adb reboot fastboot bricks the device. And you should put those drivers someone found and give credits for it too.
My devices:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nerotNS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bed_S1kt0r
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Hi

So I got my girlfriend the Memo Pad 7, and encountered a few problems:

- Sleep Of Death: the device refused to wake up from standby a few times. had her adjust sleep timer to 10 mins atm. this is on latest update.
- Offline charging: the device reached 0% battery and shut down. when we tried charging it - it powered on - completely into main screen, no big battery logo and "off" charging. this is after a few times of shutdown and re-connecting the charger in order to specifically enter offline charging.

Apart from this, the tab is very nice and a good value for money imo. I have the Nexus 7 and I LOVE it. Asus products are top-notch.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bed_S1kt0r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nerotNS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 393

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Asus MeMo Pad 7] Roms, Rooting, Bugs, General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bed_S1kt0r View Post

- Sleep Of Death: the device refused to wake up from standby a few times. had her adjust sleep timer to 10 mins atm. this is on latest update.
- Offline charging: the device reached 0% battery and shut down. when we tried charging it - it powered on - completely into main screen, no big battery logo and "off" charging. this is after a few times of shutdown and re-connecting the charger in order to specifically enter offline charging.

Apart from this, the tab is very nice and a good value for money imo. I have the Nexus 7 and I LOVE it. Asus products are top-notch.
I haven't see any of these. Try doing a factory reset. If it doesn't help then take it under warranty and explain your problems. They will either fix them, or give you a new one.

Sent from my ASUS ME172V using XDA premium HD app
My devices:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nerotNS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beer2nd
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bed_S1kt0r View Post

Sleep Of Death - I found this problem when i turned the developer option "ON" and when turned it "OFF" the problem gone.
Prophet
WM6 Korand WWE 3.1
Radio Rom 2.20.21
Chinese Font on WM5, 6, 6.1 try here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beer2nd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bed_S1kt0r
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks guys, I'll check it tomorrow after a full reset and report back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bed_S1kt0r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arg00nz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Good to now there's a group for Asus MemoPad7, bought mine last couple of weeks ago... So far, i'm satisfied. worth the cost.

looking forward on some developments.

crazykiddo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 369

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer2nd View Post
Sleep Of Death - I found this problem when i turned the developer option "ON" and when turned it "OFF" the problem gone.
I always have dev mode on and have not seen that issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to crazykiddo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
asus, me172v, memo pad, roms, root