FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Grr, touchscreen issue + mic issue after update

653 posts
Thanks Meter: 108
 
By trein91, Senior Member on 20th June 2014, 02:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
The previous owner claims updating to 4.4.2 via odin gave him issues, "black screen of death". I managed to root it, philz it, and installed aosp rom fine. But touchscreen doesn't work at all, not even in philz touch.

Another problem is touchwiz roms dont work at all (as said above, the give you blank screens). If i'm on aosp rom instead, I can't install aosp kernels.

Ideas? I'm really mad atm, wasted whole day on this ****.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2787847
 
 
20th June 2014, 03:43 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
Ideas? Possible problems? Or are some of them wrong idk. Please give your input

1. Is new boot loader/old boatloads possibly and issue?
2..Knox?
3. SELinux?????
4. His software updating somehow led to hardware fault within the touchscreen.
5. Motherboard failure? Or some internal chip failure?

My failed attempts:
Flashing pit
Flashing modem
Flashing stock rom (leads to black screen) (it could be possible that it's only black screen due to not configuring the Samsung rom yet.
Flashing aosp (no touch)

Ideas? Anything would be helpful really...

Sent from my Galaxy S3
Last edited by trein91; 20th June 2014 at 04:14 PM.
20th June 2014, 04:21 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 489
 
More
Well it can be 2 things:

1. You are flashing roms for other devices on your phone.
2. The touchscreen is broken.
20th June 2014, 04:26 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988

Well it can be 2 things:

1. You are flashing roms for other devices on your phone.
2. The touchscreen is broken.


Could be (1) but i asked the previous owner, he said he flashed some i9505xx eastern european rom.

Screen is flawless, idk how it is broken ><
20th June 2014, 05:15 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 489
 
More
What is the text on the sticker when you pull the battery out? What model is it?
20th June 2014, 05:29 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988

What is the text on the sticker when you pull the battery out? What model is it?



Weird that the sticker says 1300 mah
Sent from my Galaxy S3

EDIT: Btw, when I'm on touchwiz, It shows the "select language" page for a split second, before showing the black screen with the clock widget.
Last edited by trein91; 20th June 2014 at 05:36 PM.
20th June 2014, 06:06 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 489
 
More
Looking again at your screenshot I can see what the problem is.

It looks similair to my phone when I have the cover on it (S view)

It look like this:



My guess is that you have a hardware failure. It looks like the sensor that triggers it mailfunctions. Also I think that the digitzer is broken. I don't think it happenend after a flash, seems really unlikely.

Sounds more like just failing hardware or maybe even water damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trein91


EDIT: Btw, when I'm on touchwiz, It shows the "select language" page for a split second, before showing the black screen with the clock widget.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyz1988 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 01:13 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988

Looking again at your screenshot I can see what the problem is.

It looks similair to my phone when I have the cover on it (S view)

It look like this:



My guess is that you have a hardware failure. It looks like the sensor that triggers it mailfunctions. Also I think that the digitzer is broken. I don't think it happenend after a flash, seems really unlikely.

Sounds more like just failing hardware or maybe even water damage.

Yeah I thought it looked like the sview interface as well. But how does the phone detect it's sview cover anyway? Proximity? If it's proximity, I tested the proximity sensor by installing "Android sensor box" and it seemed to work according to the app. All sensors work except "orientation" which is weird since I can tilt the phone into landscape mode.

Someone said it was magnetic sensor. Android sensor box shows it working. Unless it uses a separate proprietary magnetic sensor.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
Last edited by trein91; 21st June 2014 at 01:22 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes