Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,389 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Get Note 3 or wait?

Tip us?

red321red321
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Get Note 3 or wait?

I have a Note 2 now and can upgrade. Should I get a Note 3 now or wait a few months for the Note 4 or iPhone 6. One thing I don't like about Android now is how the Kitkat updates are killing battery life and all. Especially the issues with Google Play service and indexservice killing battery life. Both of these have happened to people I know. Strongly considering going to iOS.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

Saythis
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by red321red321 View Post
I have a Note 2 now and can upgrade. Should I get a Note 3 now or wait a few months for the Note 4 or iPhone 6. One thing I don't like about Android now is how the Kitkat updates are killing battery life and all. Especially the issues with Google Play service and indexservice killing battery life. Both of these have happened to people I know. Strongly considering going to iOS.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
I would honestly skip the Note 3 for now. The Note 2 isn't much of a downgrade from the Note 3. I'd honestly wait for newer phones or go for the LG G3 or something like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saythis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjh68
Old
Thanks Meter 356
I would wait as well. I wish I never tried a Samsung phone. I hate TouchWiz and the antennas are subpar compared to my previous HTC phone and Motorola .

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mjh68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3320

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
I would wait as well. I wish I never tried a Samsung phone. I hate TouchWiz and the antennas are subpar compared to my previous HTC phone and Motorola .

Actually the N2 had awesome signal...just as good as any Motorola. Every other Samsung device GS1, GS3, N3 have had much worse signal sensitivity. That being said I would hold off on the N3. It's a nice phone, but not that much
better then the N2.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE
The Following User Says Thank You to droidstyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zeuswsu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
As someone who upgraded from the note 2 to the 3 a couple of months ago, I would hold off for the iPhone or note 4 like others are saying.

moin786
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Just wait for the Note 4...it is worth it...

js0uth
Old
Thanks Meter 34
wait.
Motorola Droid X - sold
HTC Thunderbolt - sold
Verizon Galaxy Nexus - sold
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III - sold
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S IV - sold
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II - sold
Verizon Developer edition Note III - Sold

Current - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note III

platinumyahoo
Old
Thanks Meter 9
im gonna have to disagree with everyone here and say the note 3 is a huge upgrade from the note 2. I had the s3, note 2 then s4 and now note 3 and this is the first phone i have ever had that dosen't feel like it'll be obsolete anytime soon. not only are the specifications still amazing ( i love the 3GB of ram) but the shape and size of the phone is perfect. its so thin and flat and the screen looks way better than the note 2. not just because the resolution is better but it feels like the colors pop more and not as flushed out as the note 2. Its not worth using your upgrade now because the note 4 is around the corner. but I promise the note 3 is better than the iphone 6 (or 8?) will ever be. If you can pick up a used one for cheap its definitely a worthy upgrade from the note 2. development is picking up for our verizon device too specifically the leaked NC2 bootloader which has a possibility of a "kexec" kernel workaround that I have faith beans, hashcode and other developers are working on.
The Following User Says Thank You to platinumyahoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jimmiem
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm glad I upgraded now. The time that passed with no root for the S5 swayed me to get the Note 3. I'm glad that root was achieved for KK but it wasn't when I made my purchase. I wasn't going to take chances; instead I chose to buy before the retail shelves were stocked with KK. The Note 4 is going to be locked down even tighter.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmiem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 25428

DONATE TO ME
There are stickies at the top of this section and your Note 2 section to discuss upgrading
Thanks
FNSM

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe