FORUMS

The Sickness Edition and Insane KitKat Download Source

85 posts
Thanks Meter: 46

By exitpr0gram, Member on 26th June 2014, 10:42 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all,

I noticed that The Sickness had closed his threads and his downloads are no longer available. Luckily, beforehand i got his permission to post his work on a torrenting site along with the images he used in his postings to help with download availability. I'll seed as long as I can. If you download, please seed at least overnight while you sleep, or as long as you can, so that they will be available for others. They can be found here:

-0-

and

-0-

The Sickness Edition V2 has JUST been posted so give people time to download it and start seeding. Might take a day or so.
Last edited by exitpr0gram; 26th June 2014 at 11:55 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to exitpr0gram For This Useful Post: [ View ]

26th June 2014, 11:55 PM |#2  
OP Member
Dallas

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitpr0gram

Hi all,

I noticed that The Sickness had closed his threads and his downloads are no longer available. Luckily, beforehand i got his permission to post his work on a torrenting site along with the images he used in his postings to help with download availability. I'll seed as long as I can. If you download, please seed at least overnight while you sleep, or as long as you can, so that they will be available for others. They can be found here:

-------------

and

-------------

The Sickness Edition V2 has JUST been posted so give people time to download it and start seeding. Might take a day or so.

At the request of "The Sickness" i have removed these links. He specifically stated he closed his threads because he did not want anyone to download them any more.

If you want a copy of anything related to S3 or S4 for MetroPCS (And TMobile for S4) please let me know via PM. This type of situation is why i collect the files and back them up.

His ROMs were, by my opinion, the best out there by FAR for our device.. So many options, so fast, and so well made. Kinda upset that i'm a little upset with him for doing this. But whatever. Let me know if you guys need anything.

EDIT: I didn't mean to leave out every one who helped him! They deserve just as much credit for these fine ROMS.
Last edited by exitpr0gram; 27th June 2014 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Mistake
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to exitpr0gram For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 01:40 AM |#3  
Flag Zwollywood
Thanks Meter: 321

More
First you open after approval...
Now closed on de devs request?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium HD app
27th June 2014, 01:56 AM |#4  
OP Member
Dallas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel112

First you open after approval...
Now closed on de devs request?

Out of respect yes. I took the link down. You have a problem with that or something?
The Following User Says Thank You to exitpr0gram For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 01:57 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:

At the request of "The Sickness" i have removed these links. He specifically stated he closed his threads because he did not want anyone to download them any more.

If you want a copy of anything related to S3 or S4 for MetroPCS (And TMobile for S4) please let me know via PM. This type of situation is why i collect the files and back them up.

His ROMs were, by my opinion, the best out there by FAR for our device.. So many options, so fast, and so well made. Kinda upset that i'm a little upset with him for doing this. But whatever. Let me know if you guys need anything.

+1

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Dharris76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 02:06 AM |#6  
Flag Zwollywood
Thanks Meter: 321

More
Quote:

Out of respect yes. I took the link down. You have a problem with that or something?

Sorry, you misunderstood.
I didn't mean it out off respect.

I was just asking.
Maybe because I'm surprised by the sickness choice to close...

27th June 2014, 02:11 AM |#7  
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 240

Donate to Me
More
What the hell? Did I miss something as to why he did this? I see no form of abuse or trolling on his thread(s).

Only hint I'm getting at is his post here.

Sickness, if you're reading this please understand there are hundreds, possibly even thousands of people who appreciate your work. Hence the download count on all your ROMs put together. Do NOT get stressed out by the lack of "thanks" on your posts. Just think of the download counts, and knowing your hard work is currently being/already installed on hundreds of rooted phones, as a thank you from the people who don't click that button. I too would be frustrated with the lack of appreciation because I'm the same way and expect some form of praise for my hard work.

But after all your donations, and your current "thanks meter", you should not get stressed over this.

If this is completely not the reason you removed all your download links, then disregard this post. Just wanted to let you know to not let things like that get to you regardless.

Your ROM is the only updated fully customized TW based ROM on this forum for this device. And for those who need WiFi Calling I'm pretty sure this is the go-to ROM. And it always will be, for me at least.
Last edited by brian117; 27th June 2014 at 02:24 AM.
27th June 2014, 02:11 AM |#8  
OP Member
Dallas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I was just asking.

Oh, sorry.

Hard to say why. Developers undergo LOTS of stress. One will never know just how much just stress until you become one. and this is in his free time so im sure he threw up the middle finger when he'd had enough.... I would have.
27th June 2014, 02:39 AM |#9  
OP Member
Dallas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I was just asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian117

What the hell? Did I miss something as to why he did this? I see no form of abuse or trolling on his thread(s).

Only hint I'm getting at is his post here.

Sickness, if you're reading this please understand there are hundreds, possibly even thousands of people who appreciate your work. Hence the download count on all your ROMs put together. Do NOT get stressed out by the lack of "thanks" on your posts. Just think of the download counts, and knowing your hard work is currently being/already installed on hundreds of rooted phones, as a thank you from the people who don't click that button. I too would be frustrated with the lack of appreciation because I'm the same way and expect some form of praise for my hard work.

But after all your donations, and your current "thanks meter", you should not get stressed over this.

If this is completely not the reason you removed all your download links, then disregard this post. Just wanted to let you know to not let things like that get to you regardless.

Your ROM is the only updated fully customized TW based ROM on this forum for this device. And for those who need WiFi Calling I'm pretty sure this is the go-to ROM. And it always will be, for me at least.

MAYBE WE SHOULD TRY AND PUT TOGETHER A NICE DONATION TO GET HIM TO COME OUT WITH VERSION 3 TO SHOW OUR APPRECIATION
The Following User Says Thank You to exitpr0gram For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 03:30 AM |#10  
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 240

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

MAYBE WE SHOULD TRY AND PUT TOGETHER A NICE DONATION TO GET HIM TO COME OUT WITH VERSION 3 TO SHOW OUR APPRECIATION

I don't think a donation would do much in this situation. His links are down everywhere. So something has obviously pissed him off over the edge. Sounds to me he's going to get a new device and start over in whichever subforum that may be, and leave the S4 behind. Probably deleted everything off his hard drive as well because I don't think he's going to spend the time re-uploading everything. Kind of depressing, actually. Those who DID support him got the shaft.

Also check your PM's when you get a minute, bro.
Last edited by brian117; 27th June 2014 at 03:34 AM.
27th June 2014, 03:59 AM |#11  
Western NC
Thanks Meter: 629

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian117

I don't think a donation would do much in this situation. His links are down everywhere. So something has obviously pissed him off over the edge. Sounds to me he's going to get a new device and start over in whichever subforum that may be, and leave the S4 behind. Probably deleted everything off his hard drive as well because I don't think he's going to spend the time re-uploading everything. Kind of depressing, actually. Those who DID support him got the shaft.

Also check your PM's when you get a minute, bro.

Think he said he had a Note3, so that is why he no longer had an S4. I agree with the making a donation being a waste - did that on another S4 Dev who walked, so these shafts are getting a bit old. There was not much development being done on this one anyway for some time - mostly theming - nothing functional.

Will probably keep this a Multiboot primary ROM for now , and hope if we get the next generation Android, someone else will pick it up. In the meantime, some nice AOSP and other base ROMs to mess with. If the OP of Omega could somehow get WiFi calling incorporated - that would be the way to go. Talk about a dev with some real class.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaww For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
insane kitkat, modem, rom, sickness edition
Previous Thread Next Thread