Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,598 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sph-l720t update (there are dozens of us...dozens!)

Tip us?

rocmat1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Sph-l720t update (there are dozens of us...dozens!)

While I realize it is relatively few to SPH-L720, I wanted to make a thread specific for the update ending with NAF for the triband variant,
the SPH-L720T.

While you may argue there is already a thread for the update, most of the userss are L720 not L720T, so the questions from L720T users keep getting drown out by others.

First order of business, though it has been asked but it has gotten no reply that I am aware of, has anyone gotten the OTA for the triband variant?

If so, can it be uploaded and distributed? It will be interesting to see if all the problems such as the sd card and rooting are the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to rocmat1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VandyCWG
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I have the "T" model, and no OTA for me thus far.

I have rooted and installed some xPosed apps, but no custom recovery or rom. I'm hoping for 4.4.2 this week or so

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
VandyCWG always says #AnchorDown for the 2014 Baseball National Champions!!!
------------------------------------------------------
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4
Model: L720T
Rom: Rooted Stock, Xposed, Wanum
Firmware: L720TVPUBNC6
Kernel: Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to VandyCWG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wlc108
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocmat1 View Post
While I realize it is relatively few to SPH-L720, I wanted to make a thread specific for the update ending with NAF for the triband variant,
the SPH-L720T.

While you may argue there is already a thread for the update, most of the userss are L720 not L720T, so the questions from L720T users keep getting drown out by others.

First order of business, though it has been asked but it has gotten no reply that I am aware of, has anyone gotten the OTA for the triband variant?

If so, can it be uploaded and distributed? It will be interesting to see if all the problems such as the sd card and rooting are the same.
I also have a 720T and haven't received notification of the update. I actually kind of regret my purchase of the 720T. I waited about a month to buy the 720T instead of the 720 because I figured I might as well "future proof" my purchase, but it seems most of the 720 mods and such don't work on the 720T. And with the S5 coming out, I think we'll be left in the dust. (I hope I'm wrong. My last phone was the original Evo and I loved how many different mods/roms/etc that had.)

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlc108 View Post
I also have a 720T and haven't received notification of the update. I actually kind of regret my purchase of the 720T. I waited about a month to buy the 720T instead of the 720 because I figured I might as well "future proof" my purchase, but it seems most of the 720 mods and such don't work on the 720T. And with the S5 coming out, I think we'll be left in the dust. (I hope I'm wrong. My last phone was the original Evo and I loved how many different mods/roms/etc that had.)
(I left off my last paragraph, oops) I'm sure we'll have the same issues with SD Cards since it's part of the new Android standard (or, newly enforced, at least) and root exploits would normally be fixed independent of the radios.
The Following User Says Thank You to wlc108 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rocmat1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
It's crazy that I haven't heard a single person on the 720T getting the update yet... has anyone done the google services framework clearing thing yet? I know it jacks stuff up but I'm thinking of trying it soon.

VandyCWG
Old
Thanks Meter 52
i tried it. no luck.

rocmat1
Old
(Last edited by rocmat1; 2nd March 2014 at 01:22 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default GOOD NEWS!

Following the advice hhere: http://www.androidcoliseum.com/2013/...te-faster.html

I got the update after the 5th try. If someone will help me to know where to find it on my phone I will upload it. It's 401.2 MB.

Yay! My phone is rooted ... and I have a custom recovery .... so the update may not work....but here's hoping!

Bleck my phone is at 18% so I have to charge it to be able to even try.

rocmat1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Found the file will be uploading soon

VandyCWG
Old
Thanks Meter 52
how did you get the settings menu pop up from the dial pad? notyhing happened for me'

rocmat1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
how did you get the settings menu pop up from the dial pad? notyhing happened for me'

Click menu / settings / apps
swipe over to the "All" category
scroll down for Google Services Framework and click it
click "clear cache" and "clear data"
hit home
go into your dialer
type in: *#*#2432546#*#*
wait for the notification "checkin succeeded"
Now go and try checking for your update.

Just go to the application manager, clear the data for the google services framework, go to dialer to type in *#*#2432546#*#*, check for update, repeat.... I've got the file about 50% uploaded
The Following User Says Thank You to rocmat1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VandyCWG
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Got it to work, but the update errored out. I'm rooted with xPosed running. I guess I'm gonna try a restore tonight

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
VandyCWG always says #AnchorDown for the 2014 Baseball National Champions!!!
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4
Model: L720T
Rom: Rooted Stock, Xposed, Wanum
Firmware: L720TVPUBNC6
Kernel: Stock