Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[HOW-TO][SUPER-GUIDE] Keeping Your One Mini Up To Date!!

OP xXminiWHOOPERxX

20th June 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Broadalbin
Thanks Meter: 1,973

1,630 posts
Donate to Me
More

After being on this forum for some time now, I have came to relize that there are many newbies found here. Asking how to flash firmware files, roms, and mods... So im taking the time to make a comprehensive guide on how to keep your phone up to date with the release of roms and mods by us developers.... This guide will help you determine on what you need to do to be updated to the latest found here on XDA. Remember onece update some older roms will not flash, meaning you will have to check updater-script and see if it matches your partition layout if not, just edit it accordingly and then it should flash.

First Step : Unlocking with HTCDev
To even enter the world of flashing a HTC device you first want to unlock your bootloader. To do that please go to this link and follow there instructions on unlocking your bootloader. https://www.htcdev.com/

Once you are done with them you will have an unlocked bootloader. Now dont get all happy there, as your device still has many security messures in place to make sure you dont screw up your device... Yes as of now you can flash custom recoveries, kernels and roms, But most of this can only be done with the assistance of a computer. This is why i suggest you continue with this guide to unlock the full potential of the phone.

Secound Step :S-Offing Your Device
For many of you who dont know what S-Off is please read this article - Here.!!!
After unlocking your bootloader you may want to proceed to S-OFF your device. This way you can flash just about anything without the use of a computer, Or to upgrade Firmware files released by HTC without running a RUU.

But this is were the 2nd step falls short as i do not know what S-OFF exploits will work with your current version of hboot. So i will link a few S-OFF threads below
1. S-OFF - HTC One Mini RUMRUNNER!!!
2. S-OFF with REVONE
3. FIREWATER S-OFF

Third Step :Gaining SuperCID
What is SuperCID & What does it do??
Quote:

by CID unlocking your device the value of the CID is changed to SuperCID . This allows the flashing of ANY ROM to the device regardless of the carrier and also unlocks the read/write capability of the Ext_ROM.

Once S-OFF I myself always do SUPERCID, to do this boot into fasboot and enter these commands using fastboot tool
Quote:

fastboot oem readcid

Quote:

fastboot oem writecid 11111111

Quote:

fastboot oem readcid -- Should say 11111111

Fourth Step : Updating Your Firmware On Your Device
What is Firmware? Why do we need to flash this?
The reason we need to update firmware is becuase in some cases it can cause future bugs in update roms, or even make some roms not flashable anymore because they support a new partition layout like found in the mini forums. So proceed if you have s-off and SuperCID by now.

Now you want to flash my Firmware found here and follow the instructions on updating your firmware... Please note that SDCARD will be wiped, so back it up before flashing.

Fifth Step : Flashing a Updated Recovery
Once you followed my firmware thread you want to update your recovery to one of these 3 listed recoverys below... the reason why i list these recoveries because they support the new partion layout.. As well with the old layout ( But you shouldnt be on old layout anymore )

To flash recoveries use this command, but fill it out accordingly to were your recovery image is located. Also need phone to be in fastboot.
Quote:

fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img

1. TWRP 2.7.1.1
2. Philz Advanced Recovery
3. CWM Recovery

Sixth Step : Sense 6 Firmware & How To Flash

Code:
*** Boot into Bootloader/Fastboot USB Mode ***
Step 1) fastboot oem rebootRUU

*** Wait for the device to reboot to a black screen with an HTC logo ***

Step 2) fastboot flash zip sense6_firmware.zip

*** When it says it is done in the terminal/cmdprompt execute the following *** 
[The green bar only fills up about 75% of the way]

Step 3) fastboot reboot-bootloader

Firmware Download :
Google Drive

Now Roms Like InsertCoin Should Install Correctly, But if it doesnt boot you may want to flash this cutom kernel found here.... If anyone doesnt know how to flash recoveries and boot.img's i will elaborate more on this guide.... HAPPY FLASHING

XDA:DevDB Information
Update Your Mini, Tool/Utility for the HTC One Mini

Contributors
xXminiWHOOPERxX

Version Information

Created 2014-06-20
Last Updated 2014-06-25
Last edited by xXminiWHOOPERxX; 1st August 2014 at 08:55 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xXminiWHOOPERxX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag Braila
Thanks Meter: 107

130 posts
More
Hi xXminiWHOOPERxX can you help me because i'm stuck. I was on hboot 2.21 and i installed http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2584810 and now my PC doesn't recognize my device in fastboot. Please help me to go back on my hboot 2.21 or what i can do to make my phone being recognized again in fastboot ...
Thanks alot !
20th June 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Broadalbin

1,630 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zubyro

Hi xXminiWHOOPERxX can you help me because i'm stuck. I was on hboot 2.21 and i installed http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2584810 and now my PC doesn't recognize my device in fastboot. Please help me to go back on my hboot 2.21 or what i can do to make my phone being recognized again in fastboot ...
Thanks alot !

Why not just flash my firmware package ?

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
20th June 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #4  
Flag Braila

130 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXminiWHOOPERxX

Why not just flash my firmware package ?

Ok, but how to ? Because my phone isn't recognized in fastboot mode ....
20th June 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Broadalbin

1,630 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok, but how to ? Because my phone isn't recognized in fastboot mode ....

I backed up my 2.21 hboot before I updated too 2.22 for safety purposes. But don't have it anymore... What do you mean your phone doesn't reconize?

20th June 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #6  
Flag Braila

130 posts
More
I put my phone in fastboot mode and my pc says USB Not recognized and i can't do anything in fastboot ... and this happends after updte to that modified hboot 2.22. My original hboot was stock 2.21...
20th June 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Broadalbin

1,630 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I put my phone in fastboot mode and my pc says USB Not recognized and i can't do anything in fastboot ... and this happends after updte to that modified hboot 2.22. My original hboot was stock 2.21...

What was your phone on like Rom? And did you receive the phone on 2.21 hboot if so it was on stock Rom and was it 4.3 or 4.4.2

20th June 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #8  
Flag Braila

130 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXminiWHOOPERxX

What was your phone on like Rom? And did you receive the phone on 2.21 hboot if so it was on stock Rom and was it 4.3 or 4.4.2

My ROM is Cyanogenmod official. Before cyanogenmod i have android 4.4.2 with hboot 2.21 ( maybe was updated from 4.3 .. ).
20th June 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Broadalbin

1,630 posts
Donate to Me
More
Go to the FUU thread and you'll see 4.3 firmware and supposable 4.4.2 firmware, download 4.3 hboot and flash the hboot.omg through terminal

The Following User Says Thank You to xXminiWHOOPERxX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #10  
Flag Braila

130 posts
More
I've downloaded this .. http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407574848 and i've extracted hboot_signedbyaa.img. I can make this on adb: dd if=/sdcard/hboot_signedbyaa.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 ?

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote:

i've downloaded this .. http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407574848 and i've extracted hboot_signedbyaa.img. I can make this on adb: Dd if=/sdcard/hboot_signedbyaa.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 ?

wooohooo ) i'm the winner ... Works now! Thanks you so much !

The Following User Says Thank You to zubyro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread