[ROM's] [T217S] [Stock ODEX] and [Firmwares] Updated on 3-1-2017

Search This thread

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
And what browser works? You've stated the same to another user, but you do not state a browser that actually works.
I already stated that I have switched browsers, MANY times. I've even tried different computers and tablets.
IE does not work
Dragon does not work
safari does not work
Opera does not work
Chrome does not work
Android stock browser does not work
Dolphin does not work

I just downloaded the firmware from the link I provided using Samsung stock browser from my note 4.. from the Florida site.

try a different server site. I always use Florida cause I live here. Less than 15 minute download.

Hope that works for you. NE7 is older.
NH4 is newer then that.. but the newest firmware is NK1...

I use IE, Chrome and Firefox. Sometimes when the server has issues they post something. But I didn't have no problems at this moment.

Last edited:

Humblehippie

Jul 13, 2008
Ephrata

I just downloaded the firmware from the link I provided using Samsung stock browser from my note 4.. from the Florida site.

try a different server site. I always use Florida cause I live here. Less than 15 minute download.

Hope that works for you. NE7 is older.
NH4 is newer then that.. but the newest firmware is NK1...

I use IE, Chrome and Firefox. Sometimes when the server has issues they post something. But I didn't have no problems at this moment.

I was able to get it to start again. (Using Dolphin). But that's not too say it'll finish. I've tried several times, but it never downloads more then 30% before the server kicks out. It'll take a while tho, as the top speed is around 50KB/s.
Btw, I tried every available server earlier before posting.

I know that NE7 is older, but it is what I need for the t217s that I have in hand. I received it with a bad flash. Someone tried flashing it with t217a firmware and got a bootloop. (Which is why I have it) I managed to bring it back to life using the NH4 firmware, but it has issues because the bootloader and baseband are NE7. I need to flash it with NE7 before I can upgrade to the NK1.
Do you know if I can just check the "update bootloader" option in odin and reflash a different ROM. Would that erase the current bootloader and install the new one? Also, do you know if there is a way to flash an att or tmo ROM to the t217s? I have no use for a sprint device as I have tmo. If not: I plan to sell it as soon as it's back to full operations.
I've also been trying to get my hands on a qcn file from a t217t because I have an unlocked t217a that I wanna use with tmo. The problem is I live in a 2g/3g only area and the aws frequency is locked out.

And... Thanks for the help.

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
Model SM-T217S
Model name GALAXY Tab3 7.0 LTE
Country Spint (cdma)
Version Android 4.4.2
Changelist 1715729
Build date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 10:49:30 +0000
Product code SPR
PDA T217SVPUBOH1
CSC T217SSPTBOH1

Didn't make any roms for it, only updated firmware...

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
Have you noticed any changed?

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/1002906

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 software update - version T217SVPUBOH1

TheModerator
Sprint Partner

TheModerator Aug 12, 2015 1:14 PM

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 software update - version T217SVPUBOH1

Features/Enhancements:
•Google Security Patch: Stagefright

Important Info:
•Phased roll-out of the update starts on 8/12/15 and will be completed by 8/23/15
•Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update. Please do not call asking. Thanks
•For additional information, check out the software update article in Support

Reactions: ScottieRotten

jjkim325

Mar 31, 2016
How to....

Hi all,
I'm not exactly new to the process of flashing my phone but I'm having some trouble figuring out how to get the firmware and ROM on my phone. I have the NB8 stock currently and want to upgrade using ODIN. I downloaded all the zip files but I'm not sure what file I'm supposed to load into the AP field of ODIN to put the new BOH1 rom. How do I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance.

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
Hi all,
I'm not exactly new to the process of flashing my phone but I'm having some trouble figuring out how to get the firmware and ROM on my phone. I have the NB8 stock currently and want to upgrade using ODIN. I downloaded all the zip files but I'm not sure what file I'm supposed to load into the AP field of ODIN to put the new BOH1 rom. How do I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance.

T217SVPUBOH1_T217SSPTBOH1_SPR-v4.4.2 = Build date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 10:49:30 +0000

if u already downloaded this zip, open and extract the firmware, it will have a .md5 file, I just remove the md5 and let it say .tar then in AP in Odin..

then after restart, just Odin flash T217S.TWRP.2.7.0.0.recovery.tar.zip and install chainfires SU, and I use rootexplorer and rename any files in /system/app or /system/priv-app with an ._ or .ori so the files dont load...

i haven't used my roms, for some reason they don't boot,

RonAbruzzi

Mar 5, 2016
Pcola
I know this is an older post but i recently wanted to go back stock on my 217s and i found this thread.I installed the stock rom onto my tab and it worked but like what i have been reading in the threads is people are having trouble with wi-fi , data , and sound so am i . has there been any fix for that issue because i didnt really see a definite answer in the threads.

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
I know this is an older post but i recently wanted to go back stock on my 217s and i found this thread.I installed the stock rom onto my tab and it worked but like what i have been reading in the threads is people are having trouble with wi-fi , data , and sound so am i . has there been any fix for that issue because i didnt really see a definite answer in the threads.

Yes, I have the issue with the roms, with wifi... I can not get that to work, everything else was good...

That is why on my signature I use Stock Rooted, by that I mean... I Flash the original firmware and once its finished installing, after 1st boot I Odin twrp , then I flash SU from chainfire, and then I just delete a few system apps.. :D

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
I am very shocked to see this update for our T217S.. almost 2 yrs since the last update... I'm just uploaded the file.

Model SM-T217S
Model name GALAXY Tab3
Country Spint (cdma)
Version Android 4.4.2
Changelist 1715729
Build date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 07:20:47 +0000
Security Patch Level N/A
Product code SPR
PDA T217SVPSBQA1
CSC T217SSPTBQA1

kaliman777

Mar 5, 2019
same thing here

this fix the wify. go to settings then data usage. untick mobile data.
then go to more settings just under data usage. now go to mobile networks.
now open connections optimizer. ok now when you open connections optimizer.
you will see a the spring policy click on more information. .don't click i agree.
then untick spring connection optimizer. ... this work for me. i hope this can help you. 2019

Dr.Morbius

Jul 20, 2012
Stoick roms

1st = I am not a Programmer, not a Developer, nor a Modder... I just love my ANDROID DEVICE's... these roms will not get updated, they are STOCK ODEX Rom's not ALTERED except for renaming the KNOX files by adding the extension .ori so they would not run, I did not delete any files from these ROM's.

2nd = How to install the rom, JUST go to RECOVERY, ( I use TWRP RECOVERY ), Always make a backup 1st.. These Roms don't wipe ur Data, so if you don't wipe Data you might have some issues, - that being said - wipe SYSTEM, DATA, CACHE, DALVIK CACHE 2 times, DO NOT DELETE SDCARD and EXTERNAL SDCARD, then just flash the rom,...

3rd = Don't hold me responsible, if your phone blows up, or for whatever other damages u do to ur phone, flash at your own risk...

I made these Rom's for my personal use, and thought I would share for others that want STOCK ODEX Rom's, these Rom's are not rooted.
If you want the ROM rooted, goto Chainfire and download the newest SU available, after flashing the ROM, flash SU, reboot the phone, goto the Playstore and then install BusyBox, from Steriscon.

before posting theses Rom's I test them out, so they have no issues or problems...

Anyone can use these ROM's as a base for there own, all I ask is - if you share any of these ROM's, give proper credit to me, mdiaz33685...

Please Don't forget to hit the THANK'S Button...

SPECIAL THANKS TO.... in no special order...
Samsung
Sprint
XDA for teaching and hosting threads... and all the inspiring chefs...
dsixda's Android Kitchen = without this couldn't cook any roms...
Chainfire's SuperSU

I have a samsung galaxy tab 3 threw sprint it had this rom on it T217SVPUBOH1_T217SSPTBOH1_SPR-v4.4.2 is this available for downloading on here or could you please send it to me via email.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1st = I am not a Programmer, not a Developer, nor a Modder... I just love my ANDROID DEVICE's... these roms will not get updated, they are STOCK ODEX Rom's not ALTERED except for renaming the KNOX files by adding the extension .ori so they would not run, I did not delete any files from these ROM's.

2nd = How to install the rom, JUST go to RECOVERY, ( I use TWRP RECOVERY ), Always make a backup 1st.. These Roms don't wipe ur Data, so if you don't wipe Data you might have some issues, - that being said - wipe SYSTEM, DATA, CACHE, DALVIK CACHE 2 times, DO NOT DELETE SDCARD and EXTERNAL SDCARD, then just flash the rom,...

3rd = Don't hold me responsible, if your phone blows up, or for whatever other damages u do to ur phone, flash at your own risk...

I made these Rom's for my personal use, and thought I would share for others that want STOCK ODEX Rom's, these Rom's are not rooted.
    If you want the ROM rooted, goto Chainfire and download the newest SU available, after flashing the ROM, flash SU, reboot the phone, goto the Playstore and then install BusyBox, from Steriscon.

before posting theses Rom's I test them out, so they have no issues or problems...

Anyone can use these ROM's as a base for there own, all I ask is - if you share any of these ROM's, give proper credit to me, mdiaz33685...

Please Don't forget to hit the THANK'S Button...

SPECIAL THANKS TO.... in no special order...
    Samsung
    Sprint
    XDA for teaching and hosting threads... and all the inspiring chefs...
    dsixda's Android Kitchen = without this couldn't cook any roms...
    Chainfire's SuperSU
    LIST of FIRMWARES and Roms AVAILABLE at The Site and DOWNLOAD LINK...

DOWNLOAD Link for Stock ODEX Rom's and Firmware's - Link to androidfilehost site

Instructions
    •Extract (unzip) the firmware file
    •Download Odin v3.09
    •Extract Odin zip-file
    •Open Odin v3.09
    •Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    •Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    •Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
    •Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    •Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE CORRECT FIRMWARE FOR EVERYTHING TO WORK CORRECTLY or you will have something broken like WiFi, ...

T217SVPUAMH9_T217SSPTAMH9_T217SVPUAMH9_HOME_SPR-v4.2.2 = Build date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 14:22:55 +0000

T217SVPUANB8_T217SSPTANB8_T217SVPUANB8-20140305181523-SPR-v4.2.2 = Build date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 05:07:57 +0000

T217SVPUBNE7_T217SSPTBNE7_SPR-v4.4.2
    = Build date: Thu, 22 May 2014 16:25:22 +0000

T217SVPUBNH4_T217SSPTBNH4_SPR-v4.4.2 = Build date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 10:47:41 +0000

T217SVPUBNK1_T217SSPTBNK1_SPR-v4.4.2 = Build date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 11:42:17 +0000

T217SVPUBOH1_T217SSPTBOH1_SPR-v4.4.2 = Build date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 10:49:30 +0000

T217SVPSBQA1_T217SSPTBQA1_SPR-v4.4.2 = Build date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 07:20:47 +0000

Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs=http://xdaforums.com/xposed/framework-xposed-rom-modding-modifying-t1574401
    Wanam Xposed | Customize your Stock Samsung Roms=http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-wanam-xposed-customize-stock-t2383484
    What I do 1st is make a copy of the rom,
    I remove most of the files you can get from the Play Store from the rom itself (rom name.zip), \system\apps and \system\priv-app
    then restore the newest updated files from your \data\apps folder with Titanium Backup free or (PRO) or MyBackup Root free or (Pro) versions.
    I've used and shared these Roms, but never prepared this thread, so I made it easier for everyone to access the files they need for the Sprint T217S 7in Tablets..

Firmwares and Stock Odex Roms..

Enjoy..

For these Roms to work correctly, You need to be on the correct firmware or your WIFI, will not work... I just ODIN flashed the KITKAT firmware T217SVPUBNE7_T217SSPTBNE7_SPR-v4.4.2.zip and then ODIN flashed TWRP 2700, all is working fine, then rooted the rom with Chainfire SU v.2.00 flashed with TWRP with no problems at all...
    holding one more...
    I am very shocked to see this update for our T217S.. almost 2 yrs since the last update... I'm just uploaded the file.

Model SM-T217S
    Model name GALAXY Tab3
    Country Spint (cdma)
    Version Android 4.4.2
    Changelist 1715729
    Build date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 07:20:47 +0000
    Security Patch Level N/A
    Product code SPR
    PDA T217SVPSBQA1
    CSC T217SSPTBQA1