FORUMS

SuperSU Beta Updates With Minor Fix For Galaxy S6

ChainFire’s root permissions app SuperSU has updated to v.2.49 to fix audits on … more

LG G4 Day Event Coverage: Specs, Features, Design & More!

LG has been teasing us with a countdown for a while now, and today it reached … more

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Wireless Hotspot hack procedure *Working*

19th October 2012, 04:25 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
****** UPDATE - Foxfi is no longer free - This hack still works!*******



Hi guys another poster tipped me off to the entilement hack to get the stock hotspot app working and I tried it and it works. I figured i would post it here to take care of people waiting for a foxfi update and to keep the procedure listed in the RAZR HD section. As always, use at your own risk.

Here's what you need:

SQL Lite Editor (not the manager) - it's $2.99 from the play store.

Here is the procedure:

1) Open SQL Lite Editor and in the default "Apps" list, scroll all the way down to "Settings Storage" but you must choose the one with the hammer and wrench graphic. There are two choices there - gotta be hammer and wrench. Tap on it to open.

2) Tap "settings.db" then tap "settings"

3) Scroll down to line 68 where it says "entitlement_check" and tap on it to highlight it and then tap on the pencil on the top of the screen to edit it.

4) Change the value from 1 to 0 and tap "save"

5) Use the back button to exit the app and hold the power button and reboot the phone.

When it starts back up just go into the "Mobile Hotspot" app provided by verizon and you're all set!

Hope this helps.
Last edited by gtabnoob; 23rd December 2012 at 03:47 PM.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to gtabnoob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
19th October 2012, 04:55 PM |#2  
Jay A whY's Avatar
Member
Flag Aurora, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Thanks for the reminder! I totally forgot about this hack from Bionic days..


Sent from my iPhone 5
19th October 2012, 10:22 PM |#3  
Senior Member
newport beach
Thanks Meter: 64
 
Donate to Me
More
sweet thanks... btw are you enjoying the HD as much as i am? i came from a galaxy nexus then a sg3 now the razr hd maxx and i dono why but i couldnt be more happy lol not even worried about the boot loader
20th October 2012, 03:26 AM |#4  
Jay A whY's Avatar
Member
Flag Aurora, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I know I'm enjoying my Razr Maxx HD.. Even though I finally had to charge it after 24+ hours of use.. Sending this post via my iPhone 5! (Don't hate, I'm an equal opportunity user)


Sent from my iPhone 5
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay A whY For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2012, 05:16 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay A whY

I know I'm enjoying my Razr Maxx HD.. Even though I finally had to charge it after 24+ hours of use.. Sending this post via my iPhone 5! (Don't hate, I'm an equal opportunity user)


Sent from my iPhone 5

Shoot...I came across your post and had to say I agree! I have a One X & an Atrix HD. I totally understand where you're coming from
The Following User Says Thank You to tiguy99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2012, 06:12 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
So I'm getting an issue here. First off I followed the directions but I don't see a pencil anywhere. Regardless, I selected line 68 and hit the menu button to open it up and edit it. Problem is, I'm getting "error code 14: unable to open database file". Anybody got a tip?

EDIT: Nevermind, issue resolved. Downloaded an old APK which wouldn't do it. Guess I'm going to have to buy it now that it worked...
Last edited by Xelios029; 20th October 2012 at 06:37 AM.
20th October 2012, 01:16 PM |#7  
Jay A whY's Avatar
Member
Flag Aurora, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiguy99

Shoot...I came across your post and had to say I agree! I have a One X & an Atrix HD. I totally understand where you're coming from

Right on!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD!...
20th October 2012, 05:53 PM |#8  
lazarus2297's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejondude

sweet thanks... btw are you enjoying the HD as much as i am? i came from a galaxy nexus then a sg3 now the razr hd maxx and i dono why but i couldnt be more happy lol not even worried about the boot loader

Pretty much the same trail I followed to the RAZR HD (with the regular RAZR and Maxx mixed in) although I have always been a Motorola fan since back in the dumbphone days (e815)
And I love it so far

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
21st October 2012, 03:41 AM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus2297

Pretty much the same trail I followed to the RAZR HD (with the regular RAZR and Maxx mixed in) although I have always been a Motorola fan since back in the dumbphone days (e815)
And I love it so far

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

I went OG Droid
Droid X
Droid Bionic
Droid RAZR Maxx
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy S3
Droid RAZR HD Maxx


I have a freaking problem I think......
21st October 2012, 04:32 AM |#10  
Jay A whY's Avatar
Member
Flag Aurora, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper13

I went OG Droid
Droid X
Droid Bionic
Droid RAZR Maxx
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy S3
Droid RAZR HD Maxx


I have a freaking problem I think......

Me too!

Thunderbolt (Voice and Data on 3G!)
Bionic (Horrible Radio!)
Droid Razr (Didn't get to use it that much, damn Best Buy mobile sold me a used/touched/tampered phone!)
Rezound (Best Radio, Ever! Superb screen for its size)
Galaxy Nexus (Horrible radio, great development community)
GS3 (Better radio than GN - just wished the radio was on par with the Rezound, cheap build quality, great hardware specs)
Razr Maxx HD (Great build quality! Expected more from a Moto Radio)





Sent from my iPhone 5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in RAZR HD General by ThreadRank