Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 50,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KitKat tracking post XT925

Tip us?

m_torresagasti
Old
(Last edited by m_torresagasti; 20th June 2014 at 01:26 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default KitKat tracking post XT925

Hi guys.. I madre this post in order to track the KitKat upgrade.-

Here you can post any news about it.. Just like the XT926 post

Edit:
THIS IS THE SOAK TEST FIRMWARE, THIS IS NOT THE FINAL RELEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphee View Post
Hi again...

So I edited the updater-script in the OTA file to remove all checks...
There was also a "aboot" and "recovery" flash with an auto reboot in the middle of the script. I removed it.

the "aboot" is still flashed at the end of the file... the "recovery" can be flashed manually with fastboot after...

So here are the steps :

I DON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY OF ANY PROBLEM THAT COULD OCCUR ON YOUR PHONE, TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK !

YOU MUST HAVE AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER

- Flash original RTFR 4.1.2 with RSD Lite (it will wipe everything ! backup all your internal SDcard before doing this)
- Normal boot the phone and finish initial startup configuration
- Reboot in bootloader and flash this recovery : http://d-h.st/p6M ( fastboot flash recovery philz_touch_6.43.8-moto_msm8960.img )
- Reboot in recovery and flash the modified OTA ZIP : https://mega.co.nz/#!I5xxSKCT!D9waHB...heAQ6K62BBWIuQ
- Reboot in bootloader with "Power options" of the recovery
- flash the special 4.4 recovery : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2747535 ( fastboot flash recovery xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img )
- Reboot and VOILA !

I DON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY OF ANY PROBLEM THAT COULD OCCUR ON YOUR PHONE, TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK !
Edit 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphee View Post
Hi,

I removed my link to the OTA modified ZIP...

There is wrong informations published somewere telling my modified OTA is the official OTA release...

I can't leave people think it is...
We know now this leaked OTA release is buggy (SMS) so I don't want users to believe they are flashing the official OTA.

Sorry...
Sent from my RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to m_torresagasti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luisdev
Old
(Last edited by luisdev; 24th May 2014 at 01:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
One day ago I went out this service for assistance when kikat xt925 for O2 (germany) they told me that no update is planned. as should be expected instead to retail but not seen on the market. it should be possible to flash the firmware on my kitkat O2 brand.

m_torresagasti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
I'm waiting for the retail versión too.. I'm from argentina and i don't think that our providers upgrade our phones..

Ps: sorry for my english..

The Following User Says Thank You to m_torresagasti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tuckycv
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Down in México here, also no expecting my carrier to upgrade to KS. I did read o a believe a did, about some carrier already on Labs for KitKat for XT925.hopecully is the case, otherwise this will be my last moto.Motorola doesn't seem to care much about user outside the US.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

m_torresagasti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
But the truth.. I think is that we are all waiting for a custom rom based on KK new kernel and drivers.. Not so much for the stock sbf.. Or at least that my idea

peladoro
Old
Thanks Meter 8
In Canada rogers says that there will be an upgrade...

Sent from my RAZR HD using XDA Free mobile app

TAbrantes
Old
Thanks Meter 1
At the end of the post in which he announces the XT926 update (sorry guys, can't add links yet), David Schuster says:
The timing varies on xt925 based on carrier and country. Generically the current timing is tracking to end of the Q2 to early Q3 for the 4.4.2 upgrades...

More time for us to wait
The Following User Says Thank You to TAbrantes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daro.brussa
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_torresagasti View Post
But the truth.. I think is that we are all waiting for a custom rom based on KK new kernel and drivers.. Not so much for the stock sbf.. Or at least that my idea

Yes, we're all waiting for that. And indeed, no carrier here in Argentina would work on the update.
I'm not sure if the word has been spread here, but according to dhacker Motorola said they would release the code after all devices get the update, but I don't have a source for that.
But, I saw someone in their sourceforge saying that they will release the source in github "In a week or so", though. This was six days ago.
However, I can't verify if he is a legit motorola employee or not.

dhacker tweet,SourceForge thread, GitHub.

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by daro.brussa View Post
Yes, we're all waiting for that. And indeed, no carrier here in Argentina would work on the update.
I'm not sure if the word has been spread here, but according to dhacker Motorola said they would release the code after all devices get the update, but I don't have a source for that.
But, I saw someone in their sourceforge saying that they will release the source in github "In a week or so", though. This was six days ago.
However, I can't verify if he is a legit motorola employee or not.

dhacker tweet,SourceForge thread, GitHub.
Confirmed legit Motorola employee. He was a contact that krystianp and others over on the Atrix 4G used as a springboard to get assistance on the 3.1.10 kernel that they have for their 4.0 and up ROMs.
The Following User Says Thank You to palmbeach05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daro.brussa
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Well, these are some great news https://twitter.com/dhacker29/status/472206895248601088