[SAFE] TW 4.4.2 | 06.20.14 | NE4/ND8 Hybrid | AT&T StockROM

Search This thread

lemonboi5

Sep 24, 2012
www.facebook.com
android-kitkat-logo.jpg

What is This?
This is ND8, but it has all the NE4 files you need, even NE4 CSC. no traces of sprint are left behind. It's a fully flashable, and safe AT&T build.

Why?
I made this hybrid to make you feel safer, while getting the same AT&T functionality you want. It's ND8 based, and we know ND8 is safe.

Screenshots:
2014-06-202_zps4d8715cc.png

2014-06-201_zps5300671d.png

2014-06-20_zpsda5c6d6e.png

Downloads:
Download NE4/ND8 Hybrid AT&T 4.4.2 StockROM
Mirrors coming soon!
Anyone is welcome to re-upload this!
Freely use this as you wish!
I believe the development in this community is beautiful!

Requirements:
4.3 Firmware (bootloader & modem)
(Mjb, and Mj2 compatible)

Whats Removed?
Knox only. It's all stock NE4. All bloat is there.

Notes:
  • This includes the NE4 build.prop properties
  • All NE4 APPS included
  • Fully Stock- All Bloatware included.
  • Clean Flash recommended.
  • You can flash over ND8, but do not report bugs to me if dirty flashed, as the same toggles and everything are not enabled for AT&T.
  • I am claiming this as a"Hybrid"
  • It is safe. My device is still fully functional.

enewman17
CNexus
saranhai
docholiday77
talkingmonkeys
Ktoosez (kt747)

Last edited:

talkingmonkeys

Inactive Recognized RC / RT
May 15, 2013
Great work man thanks for getting this up quickly.

To everyone please avoid updating the firmware (modem/bootloader) unless we find that we need to for some reason. Since it works the same on these ones there really is no point in us dealing with the new one if we don't have to yet. To clarify what worked for you with any 4.3 rom or the ND8 port ones that we've played with the last month will work the same with NE4.

I will probably stay on the 4.3 firmware until I get a new phone.

Reactions: lemonboi5

sakdroid

Mar 11, 2011
I am on stock kernel with S3Rx Rom, MJ2 bootloader and MJB Modem.
Does the ROM also has Ktoonsex kernel also?

Reactions: lemonboi5

jondroid2

Aug 9, 2012
OK. I'm having a weird problem with my microphone not working. Will not take any voice input on keyboard, Google now search or phone calls. I had this same problem on Likewise also. Coming from Aokp and back to Aokp it works fine. I must be missing something in my setup.

Darian71

Aug 31, 2012
holcomb
Only issue I seem to be having is the can't send an MMS while wifi is on. Turn wifi off, then resend MMS, it works perfectly. Regular SMS will work with wifi in or off. I seen others complain about this on Likewise Beta 2, but I never had the issue myself on beta 2 or LT. I even flashed a 5/13 build kernel from Ktoonsez and same issue. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Edit: I found the Secmms apk download and Sectelephony apk fc fix. Downloaded and moved in system pri-app, set permissions and BAM! MMS is working good WITH wifi on now. Here's the list link to the S5 mods I used to resolve the issue if anyone needs it. [emoji2] http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2690997

Last edited:

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
Yes. Mjb everything. Unfortunately I took the 4.3 update a while back :/ I've never had a problem flashing with twrp 2.6.3 so I haven't updated. Starting to wonder if maybe that might be the culprit. Idk

try turning off "background noise reduction" in call settings !

also try to clear the mic hole using a thin pin. maybe lint or dirt is blocking the mic.

jondroid2

Aug 9, 2012
try turning off "background noise reduction" in call settings !

also try to clear the mic hole using a thin pin. maybe lint or dirt is blocking the mic.

Turning off background noise reduction was the first thing I tried. Didn't work. If the mic hole was blocked then it wouldn't work on in my other tw and Aokp Roms. I've clean flashed twice with same results.

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
Turning off background noise reduction was the first thing I tried. Didn't work. If the mic hole was blocked then it wouldn't work on in my other tw and Aokp Roms. I've clean flashed twice with same results.
odin back to stock 4.3
install custom recovery and then clean flash the 4.4 rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jondroid2

lemonboi5

Sep 24, 2012
www.facebook.com
OK. I'm having a weird problem with my microphone not working. Will not take any voice input on keyboard, Google now search or phone calls. I had this same problem on Likewise also. Coming from Aokp and back to Aokp it works fine. I must be missing something in my setup.

Does anyone else have this issue? I'm back on likewise as he mentions it does the same thing but everything is working for me..
Have you tried an ND8 build is it the same way?

Edit: oops. Sorry for the double..
Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

jondroid2

Aug 9, 2012
Does anyone else have this issue? I'm back on likewise as he mentions it does the same thing but everything is working for me..
Have you tried an ND8 build is it the same way?

Edit: oops. Sorry for the double..

I was on talkingmonkeys ND8 and didn't have the problem. I'll try it through a different recovery and see if I get it worked out. I really liked both your builds while I was on them. Gotta get this thing figured out, driving me crazy:banghead:

Reactions: talkingmonkeys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android-kitkat-logo.jpg

What is This?
    This is ND8, but it has all the NE4 files you need, even NE4 CSC. no traces of sprint are left behind. It's a fully flashable, and safe AT&T build.

Why?
    I made this hybrid to make you feel safer, while getting the same AT&T functionality you want. It's ND8 based, and we know ND8 is safe.

Screenshots:
    2014-06-202_zps4d8715cc.png

2014-06-201_zps5300671d.png

2014-06-20_zpsda5c6d6e.png

Downloads:
    Download NE4/ND8 Hybrid AT&T 4.4.2 StockROM
    Mirrors coming soon!
    Anyone is welcome to re-upload this!
    Freely use this as you wish!
    I believe the development in this community is beautiful!

Requirements:
    4.3 Firmware (bootloader & modem)
    (Mjb, and Mj2 compatible)

Whats Removed?
    Knox only. It's all stock NE4. All bloat is there.

Notes:
    • This includes the NE4 build.prop properties
    • All NE4 APPS included
    • Fully Stock- All Bloatware included.
    • Clean Flash recommended.
    • You can flash over ND8, but do not report bugs to me if dirty flashed, as the same toggles and everything are not enabled for AT&T.
    • I am claiming this as a"Hybrid"
    • It is safe. My device is still fully functional.

enewman17
    CNexus
    saranhai
    docholiday77
    talkingmonkeys
    Ktoosez (kt747)
    Can this lock on to lte network? I tried to lock lte on an nd8 Rom and it wouldn't do it.

Locked onto AT&T lte network just fine. Took a little while to settle in.
    Could you give a step by step guide of how you got all of that working? It doesn't have to be too detailed, but just where you found the apps and how you got them installed. Thank you.

I am planning to make flashable zip of all those apps hopefully by end of next week. If I have more time, I am end up building a S5 ROM with most of the S5 apps in it. ROM will be stock(untouched) with S5 apps cooked into it.:fingers-crossed:

Sorry, I don't remember what things made those apps working on the NE base. I have been playing with this stuff for almost month now.:silly:
    I am on stock kernel with S3Rx Rom, MJ2 bootloader and MJB Modem.
    Does the ROM also has Ktoonsex kernel also?

Yes. And I have the same firmware setup as you.

First! Thanks for the hard work