Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[Q] Restoring stock kernel

OP omicorn

26th June 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Hi!

I have unlocked bootloader, rooted with SuperSu and flashed DoomKernel (for the Ram Management problem + recovery). Now I'd like to update to the 205 without having to find my own firmware ftf from the forums. Only way to do this is to restore stock kernel, relock the bootloader and then run the normal fota.

The DoomKernel was flashed using fastboot but I can only find the original kernel in ftf firmwares that can be flashed in flashmode (f. ex. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2706576). I tried to flash this kernel with flashtool but it failed. What is the correct procedure to restore stock kernel in flashmode using flashtool?
26th June 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 117

497 posts
More
If you download dipesh's latest ROMs they include a kernel.elf file within the zip. So flahs those and you should then have stock 205 kernel.
26th June 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblox

If you download dipesh's latest ROMs they include a kernel.elf file within the zip. So flahs those and you should then have stock 205 kernel.

But I actually need the kernel for current firmware to be able to update to 205. Also I'd like to know for future if it's possible to successfully flash kernel only using flashtool.
26th June 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 117

497 posts
More
Yes you can flash kernel only in flashtool.
26th June 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblox

Yes you can flash kernel only in flashtool.

What options should I set? Last time I tried to flash the kernel I linked in OP I remember getting error like loader.sin no such file or directory. Is this the fault of the ftf or my settings?
26th June 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #6  
Flag Ribeirão Pires, Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 13

83 posts
More
Actually not, the kernel only in dipesh's rom is in .elf, not .ftf, so it's not recognized by flashtool.
Use fastboot with the command fastboot flash boot xxxxxxx.elf
Look at Williams kernel topic to see more details of how to flash it
26th June 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno_Puzoni

Actually not, the kernel only in dipesh's rom is in .elf, not .ftf, so it's not recognized by flashtool.
Use fastboot with the command fastboot flash boot xxxxxxx.elf
Look at Williams kernel topic to see more details of how to flash it

I know that elf binaries should be flashed using fastboot but I haven't found the stock 201 kernel in that format. I'll check out the william's thread. But still I'd like to know how to flash ftf kernel successfully. Just for the future

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread