Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 47,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] White charger and cable with black Note

Tip us?

DavidLD
Old
(Last edited by DavidLD; 13th June 2014 at 06:24 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] White charger and cable with black Note

I purchased the SM-P600ZKVXAR (US version WiFi) from Amazon a couple weeks ago and something about it has been bugging me since: This is a black Note, but they sent me a white charger and cable in the package with it. (This was a new product in a sealed package, made in Vietnam; nothing different from the norm). It didn't bother me at first, but looking constantly at my little pile of phones, tablets, and cables on my counter, all black with the one exception of this white cable and charger, made me decide to send an email to Samsung.

Part of their response:
". . . According to Samsung, color of the accessories will be designed specifically depending upon the model of the unit. The model number which you have purchased will be bundled with contrast color accessories to the Tablet. . . ."

Well, this sounds like a bunch of BS to me but, before I pursue it further, I would like to know if this is the norm for this tablet. Has anyone else gotten one like this, or are they all black/black and white/white? If it is BS,I will pursue it with a vengeance.

Thanks for your input.

luvmygadgetz
Old
Thanks Meter 18
SM-P605.. Black tablet white charger.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hit Thanks if you're flattered or if I helped you

jonling
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLD View Post
I purchased the SM-P600ZKVXAR (US version WiFi) from Amazon a couple weeks ago and something about it has been bugging me since: This is a black Note, but they sent me a white charger and cable in the package with it. (This was a new product in a sealed package, made in Vietnam; nothing different from the norm). It didn't bother me at first, but looking constantly at my little pile of phones, tablets, and cables on my counter, all black with the one exception of this white cable and charger, made me decide to send an email to Samsung.

Part of their response:
". . . According to Samsung, color of the accessories will be designed specifically depending upon the model of the unit. The model number which you have purchased will be bundled with contrast color accessories to the Tablet. . . ."

Well, this sounds like a bunch of BS to me but, before I pursue it further, I would like to know if this is the norm for this tablet. Has anyone else gotten one like this, or are they all black/black and white/white? If it is BS,I will pursue it with a vengeance.

Thanks for your input.
The charger and cables are all white.....
Thanks,
Jon
Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

WJThomas
Old
Thanks Meter 59
The white cord looks too much like Apple crap. That said, the only thing uglier than a white cord is a white tablet/phone. At least they give a choice there.

warboat
Old
Thanks Meter 22
2x Note 3 here, 1 white, 1 black, both came with white chargers and cables.
My black Note10 came with white cable and charger too.

Geordie Affy
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Whats bad about a white cable or charger? Am I missing something.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Dell Inspiron 1720 - Awesome Laptop

scarmona
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygadgetz View Post
SM-P605.. Black tablet white charger.

Same thing with my US SM-P600

DavidLD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks all. Looks like the Note comes only with white charger and cable. But what should we expect for a mere $530?
I'd like to hear from anyone who actually got a black charger/cable.

WJThomas
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Affy View Post
Whats bad about a white cable or charger?
Nothing at all if you don't mind being mistaken for an Apple fanboy. I bought my note for what it could do, not for the social value of being seen with it. It is bad enough explaining to the sheep that it is not an iPad, I don't need white cables to confuse them more.

Geordie Affy
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJThomas View Post
Nothing at all if you don't mind being mistaken for an Apple fanboy. I bought my note for what it could do, not for the social value of being seen with it. It is bad enough explaining to the sheep that it is not an iPad, I don't need white cables to confuse them more.
Ah right, well tbf I have a blue and yellow Frieq cable so people are confused more than anything else haha. But yeah, as I fly a lot, the security always say "can you please take your iPad out of the case" kinda bugs me a little.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Dell Inspiron 1720 - Awesome Laptop

The Following User Says Thank You to Geordie Affy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]