Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] White charger and cable with black Note

OP DavidLD

13th June 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
I purchased the SM-P600ZKVXAR (US version WiFi) from Amazon a couple weeks ago and something about it has been bugging me since: This is a black Note, but they sent me a white charger and cable in the package with it. (This was a new product in a sealed package, made in Vietnam; nothing different from the norm). It didn't bother me at first, but looking constantly at my little pile of phones, tablets, and cables on my counter, all black with the one exception of this white cable and charger, made me decide to send an email to Samsung.

Part of their response:
". . . According to Samsung, color of the accessories will be designed specifically depending upon the model of the unit. The model number which you have purchased will be bundled with contrast color accessories to the Tablet. . . ."

Well, this sounds like a bunch of BS to me but, before I pursue it further, I would like to know if this is the norm for this tablet. Has anyone else gotten one like this, or are they all black/black and white/white? If it is BS,I will pursue it with a vengeance.

Thanks for your input.
Last edited by DavidLD; 13th June 2014 at 07:24 PM.
13th June 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #2  
luvmygadgetz's Avatar
Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 24
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
SM-P605.. Black tablet white charger.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
13th June 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #3  
jonling's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Grand Rapids
Thanks Meter: 6
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLD

I purchased the SM-P600ZKVXAR (US version WiFi) from Amazon a couple weeks ago and something about it has been bugging me since: This is a black Note, but they sent me a white charger and cable in the package with it. (This was a new product in a sealed package, made in Vietnam; nothing different from the norm). It didn't bother me at first, but looking constantly at my little pile of phones, tablets, and cables on my counter, all black with the one exception of this white cable and charger, made me decide to send an email to Samsung.

Part of their response:
". . . According to Samsung, color of the accessories will be designed specifically depending upon the model of the unit. The model number which you have purchased will be bundled with contrast color accessories to the Tablet. . . ."

Well, this sounds like a bunch of BS to me but, before I pursue it further, I would like to know if this is the norm for this tablet. Has anyone else gotten one like this, or are they all black/black and white/white? If it is BS,I will pursue it with a vengeance.

Thanks for your input.

The charger and cables are all white.....
14th June 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
The white cord looks too much like Apple crap. That said, the only thing uglier than a white cord is a white tablet/phone. At least they give a choice there.
14th June 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #5  
Member
Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 22
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2005
2x Note 3 here, 1 white, 1 black, both came with white chargers and cables.
My black Note10 came with white cable and charger too.
14th June 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 151
 
726 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Whats bad about a white cable or charger? Am I missing something.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.
15th June 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #7  
scarmona's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 42
 
247 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygadgetz

SM-P605.. Black tablet white charger.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Same thing with my US SM-P600

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
15th June 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Thanks all. Looks like the Note comes only with white charger and cable. But what should we expect for a mere $530?
I'd like to hear from anyone who actually got a black charger/cable.
15th June 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Affy

Whats bad about a white cable or charger?

Nothing at all if you don't mind being mistaken for an Apple fanboy. I bought my note for what it could do, not for the social value of being seen with it. It is bad enough explaining to the sheep that it is not an iPad, I don't need white cables to confuse them more.
15th June 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 151
 
726 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJThomas

Nothing at all if you don't mind being mistaken for an Apple fanboy. I bought my note for what it could do, not for the social value of being seen with it. It is bad enough explaining to the sheep that it is not an iPad, I don't need white cables to confuse them more.

Ah right, well tbf I have a blue and yellow Frieq cable so people are confused more than anything else haha. But yeah, as I fly a lot, the security always say "can you please take your iPad out of the case" kinda bugs me a little.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.

The Following User Says Thank You to Geordie Affy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes