Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Orientation problem

Tip us?

gekanukr
Old
(Last edited by gekanukr; 30th April 2014 at 03:08 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Orientation problem

Hello.. i wanted to report a problem about this firmware and it appeared to be closed http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1818305
I have the following problem with that firmware:
When I hold my phone sideways it think's I'm in portrait mode. When I hold it normally it thinks I'm in landscape mode. I can turn screen rotate off but it is still annoying when I actually need the screen rotate feature for videos and such.
t989 galaxy s2. though im not sure, under the battery it says i have i727 lol, in the status of the phone t989.
Any ideas? Thanks!

mp3deviant721
Old
(Last edited by mp3deviant721; 30th April 2014 at 07:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekanukr View Post
Hello.. i wanted to report a problem about this firmware and it appeared to be closed http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1818305
I have the following problem with that firmware:
When I hold my phone sideways it think's I'm in portrait mode. When I hold it normally it thinks I'm in landscape mode. I can turn screen rotate off but it is still annoying when I actually need the screen rotate feature for videos and such.
t989 galaxy s2. though im not sure, under the battery it says i have i727 lol, in the status of the phone t989.
Any ideas? Thanks!
Sounds like you need the rotation fix zip. I don't know where it is, you'll have to look for it. But that should fix your rotation problems. As for the i727 part, some of the stock-based 4.1.2 ROMs for the Hercules (T989) were based of the 4.1.2 JB leak from the Skyrocket (i727) which is why that says that.
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999 (Main Device)
ROM: CarbonRom 4.4.4 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: LeanKernel v9.8exp1 | Recovery: Philz 6.47.0 | Radio: UVUENC2

소녀시대, 티아라, & 에이오에이 fighting!

Other devices:

Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989
ROM: CarbonRom 4.4.3 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: WildKernel v003 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 | Radio: UVMC6

Samsung Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710
ROM: PAC-Rom 4.4.2 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: Stock | Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 | Radio: Disabled

Tripan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default i727, t989, s2x, s2 screen rotation problem solve easily.

Use Spirit level pro software to calibrate your phone. sceen rotation problem is horizontal calibration fault, you solve screen rotation problem eaisly to use "Spirit Level Pro" software. Try this

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2750
Just flash a compatible t989 kernel. Fixed. 👍
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips