Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

Kindle HDX "7 won't start after root

25th June 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi everybody, i'm Riccardo, from Italy, and i've just bought this amazing tablet, Kindle Fire HDX "7.
I've tried to follow the steps in order to root the device, but i think i've screwed up everything lol
It literally won't start, when i push the power button, appears a black screen with only written "Kindle fire", without "HDx" or whatever it was, as it happened before. And this written won't fade, it lasts forever
I've tried to reset to factory defaults, with a manual way ( 20 secs double pushing bottons power and up ) but, after the process, it doesn't boot anyway.

Is there some drastic way to reset everything, maybe through computer or usb devices?

I hope I were as understandable as possible... sorry for my bad english

And i also hope that is allowed to speak of rooting situations
27th June 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanatrax

Hi everybody, i'm Riccardo, from Italy, and i've just bought this amazing tablet, Kindle Fire HDX "7.
I've tried to follow the steps in order to root the device, but i think i've screwed up everything lol
It literally won't start, when i push the power button, appears a black screen with only written "Kindle fire", without "HDx" or whatever it was, as it happened before. And this written won't fade, it lasts forever
I've tried to reset to factory defaults, with a manual way ( 20 secs double pushing bottons power and up ) but, after the process, it doesn't boot anyway.

Is there some drastic way to reset everything, maybe through computer or usb devices?

Check the unbricking guides in the General forums.
27th June 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 130

401 posts
Curious
Quote:

What method were you using root?
27th June 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #4  
Flag Suzhou
Thanks Meter: 5

7 posts
The same issue like mine. My hdx unbricked by a local vendor with a OEM software. So please don't give up.

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Free mobile app
27th June 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv

What method were you using root?

i've followed the guide that i've found on this forum, i'm actually not able to find it right now :asd:

Root was ok, the real problem was popped out after my vain try to install google play store, following this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2787813

What kind of unbrick tools should i use for? I looked for, but i didn't find anything...
28th June 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 130

401 posts
have root and adb?
Quote:

i've followed the guide that i've found on this forum, i'm actually not able to find it right now :asd:

Root was ok, the real problem was popped out after my vain try to install google play store, following this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2787813

What kind of unbrick tools should i use for? I looked for, but i didn't find anything...

Do not FACTORY reset first then try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2792225
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread