Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,336 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kindle HDX "7 won't start after root

Tip us?

Sanatrax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kindle HDX "7 won't start after root

Hi everybody, i'm Riccardo, from Italy, and i've just bought this amazing tablet, Kindle Fire HDX "7.
I've tried to follow the steps in order to root the device, but i think i've screwed up everything lol
It literally won't start, when i push the power button, appears a black screen with only written "Kindle fire", without "HDx" or whatever it was, as it happened before. And this written won't fade, it lasts forever
I've tried to reset to factory defaults, with a manual way ( 20 secs double pushing bottons power and up ) but, after the process, it doesn't boot anyway.

Is there some drastic way to reset everything, maybe through computer or usb devices?

I hope I were as understandable as possible... sorry for my bad english

And i also hope that is allowed to speak of rooting situations

LunarisDream
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanatrax View Post
Hi everybody, i'm Riccardo, from Italy, and i've just bought this amazing tablet, Kindle Fire HDX "7.
I've tried to follow the steps in order to root the device, but i think i've screwed up everything lol
It literally won't start, when i push the power button, appears a black screen with only written "Kindle fire", without "HDx" or whatever it was, as it happened before. And this written won't fade, it lasts forever
I've tried to reset to factory defaults, with a manual way ( 20 secs double pushing bottons power and up ) but, after the process, it doesn't boot anyway.

Is there some drastic way to reset everything, maybe through computer or usb devices?

Check the unbricking guides in the General forums.

jimyv
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Default Curious

Quote:

What method were you using root?
Please Hit (THANKS) If I Helped You
It's Free
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

liawt
Old
Thanks Meter 3
The same issue like mine. My hdx unbricked by a local vendor with a OEM software. So please don't give up.

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Free mobile app

Sanatrax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv View Post
What method were you using root?
i've followed the guide that i've found on this forum, i'm actually not able to find it right now :asd:

Root was ok, the real problem was popped out after my vain try to install google play store, following this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2787813

What kind of unbrick tools should i use for? I looked for, but i didn't find anything...

jimyv
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Default have root and adb?

Quote:
i've followed the guide that i've found on this forum, i'm actually not able to find it right now :asd:

Root was ok, the real problem was popped out after my vain try to install google play store, following this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2787813

What kind of unbrick tools should i use for? I looked for, but i didn't find anything...
Do not FACTORY reset first then try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2792225
Please Hit (THANKS) If I Helped You
It's Free
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~