Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 40,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Gear 2 Neo and Samsung Galaxy S3 Trouble

Tip us?

vectorw8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Gear 2 Neo and Samsung Galaxy S3 Trouble

I just bought a Gear 2 Neo and when Pairing it with my S3 the watch stays on the startup screen all the while my S3 shows they are paired. The phone never connects to download the software from the watch, i did however get it to work with my Galaxy Tab 3 but not with my S3. Does anyone know a way to get this to work.

P.S. I did a factory restart and tried it with no additional software on the phone except for the Gear Manager from Samsung. I thought there might be something conflicting. The S3 is running android 4.4.2.

rlee008
Old
(Last edited by rlee008; 22nd June 2014 at 07:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 123
if you are running a custom rom then put your phone back to stock and it'll work properly. someone here was having issues with their phone & the gear 2 and it was all because they were running the latest Jedi rom.
" Dee Dee Dee, Here's your sign!"

Current Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T
Current ROM: Stock/ROOTED
Backup ROM: None
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock B/L
Case(s): UAG Navigator (White) & UAG Outland (Orange) Highly recommended cases!
Watch: Samsung Gear 2 (Charcoal / Black) Rooted

vectorw8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee008 View Post
if you are running a custom rom then put your phone back to stock and it'll work properly. someone here was having issues with their phone & the gear 2 and it was all because they were running the latest Jedi rom.
I am currently running stock and have not rooted my phone. I did factory rest it and tried to install the gear manager but it wont run correctly on my S3. the interface just keeps flashing white and wont pair properly. All this time the phone is still on the startup screen.