Unhappy [Q] TF300T Flashed Wrong SKU, need to load CM

OP TheLovelyFox

2nd September 2013, 05:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Ok, so here's my situation.

I bought a used Transformer Pad TF300T off Craigslist and it was already unlocked and rooted with ClockworkMod and CyanogenMod. Well, I have no use for all that, so I wanted to reflash to the most current stock firmware. Well, I downloaded the absolutely wrong firmware with the wrong SKU (JP and I live in US) and now I have a Japanese tablet. :/

After much work, I finally got it re-rooted with ClockworkMod v6.0.1.0 so I can install zip from sd card. However, any US or WW SKU firmware I try to install, after the install is complete and I reboot, right underneath the "The device is unlocked" text is "Signature mismatch" in red text.

I tried to install CM 9 & 10 to see if that would help, and it appears to install but it goes from loading 1% to 100% in about a second, and then gets stuck at the ASUS screen.

So, is there anyway someone can guide me? I'm sure I've done some stuff bass ackwards, but I'm only intermediate at hacking and modding, so help is appreciated. I've been scouring forums for weeks, so I give. Help please?
2nd September 2013, 05:27 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Talking
Oh man, this is the best forum. I no longer need assistance because I found the answer
HTML Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=45120193#post45120193
here!!! Yay!!!!!

Im not sure how to mark this solved or delete or anything.I'm sorry!
26th October 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #3  

1 posts
I made the same mistake
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovelyFox

Ok, so here's my situation.

I bought a used Transformer Pad TF300T off Craigslist and it was already unlocked and rooted with ClockworkMod and CyanogenMod. Well, I have no use for all that, so I wanted to reflash to the most current stock firmware. Well, I downloaded the absolutely wrong firmware with the wrong SKU (JP and I live in US) and now I have a Japanese tablet. :/

After much work, I finally got it re-rooted with ClockworkMod v6.0.1.0 so I can install zip from sd card. However, any US or WW SKU firmware I try to install, after the install is complete and I reboot, right underneath the "The device is unlocked" text is "Signature mismatch" in red text.

I tried to install CM 9 & 10 to see if that would help, and it appears to install but it goes from loading 1% to 100% in about a second, and then gets stuck at the ASUS screen.

So, is there anyway someone can guide me? I'm sure I've done some stuff bass ackwards, but I'm only intermediate at hacking and modding, so help is appreciated. I've been scouring forums for weeks, so I give. Help please?

I accidentally flashed the JP firmware on my tf300t, I was trying to update from 4.1.1. Now my recovery (was CWM 6.0.x.x) shows a dead droid when I go into RCK. I am searching around and can not find a way to reinstall CMW without using the fastboot method. How were you able to get it installed? I feel like such a moron for flashing the wrong SKU.Any help here would be SUPER appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread