Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Towelroot then more battery drain?

OP TheArtiszan

18th June 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
878 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
So I just rooted my device with towelroot so I don't trip the knox counter.
All went well with the root process.
Let the phone reboot like it needed
Used the APK from chainfires zip to install supersu on the phone.
When I installed that I allowed it to update su and then disabled knox.
rebooted the phone and verified all was able to power up again okay.
Since doing that I notice that the phone is staying pretty warm without any use and screen off and is being held awake by the kernel. (according to gsam battery monitor)

Has anyone else noticed wake-lock or battery drain issues after rooting the phone with this method?
18th June 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #2  
philliman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 199
 
1,001 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
So far, so good for me. It's pretty much the same

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th June 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #3  
Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 4
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Freeze any tmobile app that you don't really use or system app with titanium backup

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
18th June 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
878 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc1231

Freeze any tmobile app that you don't really use or system app with titanium backup

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Okay I will give that a try.
Worst case scenario I will try and master reset it.

Just happy to have full sd card access again and native tethering working in stock software. Plus ad blocking.
18th June 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtiszan

Okay I will give that a try.
Worst case scenario I will try and master reset it.

Just happy to have full sd card access again and native tethering working in stock software. Plus ad blocking.

i have exactly the same problem. i will unroot and factory reset it.
18th June 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
878 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
I don't think you will actually need to unroot it. About how long are you getting with your battery now?
18th June 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtiszan

I don't think you will actually need to unroot it. About how long are you getting with your battery now?

i plug it out when i wake up at 07:00 in the morning and when i get back from work almost at 18:00 o clock its almost done. only %10 battery remaining. it drains very fast! before towelroot my battary lasts almost 1.5 days
18th June 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Aurora
Thanks Meter: 46
 
913 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
I'm not even rooted and time to time my phone would get hot without me using it.. It's weird. Known issue or could this be a hardware issue?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th June 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
878 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by krntehknik303

I'm not even rooted and time to time my phone would get hot without me using it.. It's weird. Known issue or could this be a hardware issue?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That sounds more like there is a app going rogue or something. While there is a possibility it could be hardware, my bet it is more a software issue. When that happens to me I try to master reset and test without the applications for a little like I might with this if the battery issue don't clear up.
18th June 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Aurora
Thanks Meter: 46
 
913 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtiszan

That sounds more like there is a app going rogue or something. While there is a possibility it could be hardware, my bet it is more a software issue. When that happens to me I try to master reset and test without the applications for a little like I might with this if the battery issue don't clear up.

I actually did a master reset the second day I got my phone because the first time I messed something up with restoring some stuff from my iPhone using Smart Switch (don't know exact name) and my phone was getting hot even before and after the master reset.

Just want to clarify factory reset is the same as master reset right?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes