Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 38,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ KatKiss-KitKat #019 ]Battery not charging?

Tip us?

fdelente
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [ KatKiss-KitKat #019 ]Battery not charging?

Hello.

Yesterday I upgraded from KatKiss #018 to #019. Up to now #018 had worked perfectly, but today with #019 I noticed that when plugging in my charger (I don't have the dock), I didn't get the little 'flash' sign on the battery notification; going into the settings to look at battery usage, I noticed that i said 'Battery not charging' even though I had left the charger plugged in.

I unplugged the charger, turned off the tablet, and replugged the charger, and the tablet turned on, which it does when plugging in the charger and being off.

Has anybody had this problem? Is it really charging but not notifying it? If not, what can I do besides reflashing?

Thanks!

perompak13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdelente View Post
Hello.

Yesterday I upgraded from KatKiss #018 to #019. Up to now #018 had worked perfectly, but today with #019 I noticed that when plugging in my charger (I don't have the dock), I didn't get the little 'flash' sign on the battery notification; going into the settings to look at battery usage, I noticed that i said 'Battery not charging' even though I had left the charger plugged in.

I unplugged the charger, turned off the tablet, and replugged the charger, and the tablet turned on, which it does when plugging in the charger and being off.

Has anybody had this problem? Is it really charging but not notifying it? If not, what can I do besides reflashing?

Thanks!
me too, i just flash it usually,,, battery at 100% wipe cache system etc, when my tf reach 0% it wont charge, but when i charge in off mode ( shutdown TF ) it charge but so long, 8 hour only charge 20% need help to resolve this issue,,,

tertix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same issue, battery will not charge. and it seem that it will not get supported here, no answer from the dev, please dev look it up

vegetaxda
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am fine with kitkat 19. You guys above may give a try to change a data cable to charge your tablet.

perompak13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaxda View Post
I am fine with kitkat 19. You guys above may give a try to change a data cable to charge your tablet.
If my tf port charge broken,why when off mode my tf wake automatically when connect charger?
My charger perfect work in my friend tf,also when i connect to pc it detected by pc n can transfer data,if it broke,it cant be detected,right?
Sorry for my bad english

Best regard

Riady diethelz

timduru
Old
Thanks Meter 8312

DONATE TO ME
No problems for me and most people I guess otherwise they would stay away from the rom if it was not charging
Try to power off completely your tablet, then cold boot.
Try to change cable, try to test with another charger.
If that doesn't help do a full wipe and a clean install and test again before reinstalling anything else on your tablet.
if that still doesn't help, follow the procedure to report an issue in my signature, I'm not psychic.

carpe_k9
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello.

I have a problem related to the battery as well. Ever since I flashed to #19, my tablet and dock battery seem to run dry very quickly in sleep mode. I have come home from work to occasionally find the tablet unable to boot (it had a dock charge of no greater than 75% and a tablet charge of 100%) and when I plug the charger into the dock and then boot it, I find both batteries have next to no charge.

This is only on timduru's KK#19. I never saw this problem on #18 and below, or any of the previous 'droid versions (4.3.1_029 or 4.2.2_226).

I am currently letting the tablet's battery run to empty and then I will be charging the dock and tablet separately, but this is the first time I've ever encountered this problem.

perompak13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by timduru View Post
No problems for me and most people I guess otherwise they would stay away from the rom if it was not charging
Try to power off completely your tablet, then cold boot.
Try to change cable, try to test with another charger.
If that doesn't help do a full wipe and a clean install and test again before reinstalling anything else on your tablet.
if that still doesn't help, follow the procedure to report an issue in my signature, I'm not psychic.
thanks for reply, i will try 3rd method because i have do 1 n 2 method but no use,,,its still can charge but in off mode, but it took much time,,,12 hour only get 35% battery,,,,clean instal?format data too???i have do installation step,,,format system,cache dalvik,,,its happen when my battery reach 0%,,,i have try my friend charge,,,but also cant charge,,,but my charger can charge in my friend TF,,,,i will try change other ROM then to check if it also have the same problem...

Piehti
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Default KatKiss #20 no charging problems here

Quote:
Originally Posted by perompak13 View Post
thanks for reply, i will try 3rd method because i have do 1 n 2 method but no use,,,its still can charge but in off mode, but it took much time,,,12 hour only get 35% battery,,,,clean instal?format data too???i have do installation step,,,format system,cache dalvik,,,its happen when my battery reach 0%,,,i have try my friend charge,,,but also cant charge,,,but my charger can charge in my friend TF,,,,i will try change other ROM then to check if it also have the same problem...
Did you try another ROM? I'm on #20 and I think I have (mentionable) more battery life. Not charging issues. Guess the fresh installment / wipe helped or an energy eater didn't survive the reinstall. Also I could observe two things (which I don't know of if they are related): Sometimes when the tab was docked it didn't charge. Second the the tab hat a battery problem. When docked and in sleep -> Dock empty next morning. I controlled this with Juice defender but weren't able to locate the problem in an app. This is now gone.

From my experience: I bought 2 power cable for the TF101 (only cable). One works as USB cable with no loading feature (not on USB 3.0 nor on the wallcharger). The other one works as USB connection cable and as wall charger. I can extend the original cable with USB to USB cable to transfer data and charge. I can't get any of that both two (CHEAP) cables to load extended or trasfer data. The two cables I bought at ebay were diffrent vendors. One for ~2,50 the other for ~4. If I remember right the original cable where much much more. What I want to say: There are huge diffrences in USB cables. Dunno. It would be a strange accident that the charger or cable broke when / while you intalled a ROM. Could it be that the "intelligent" battery stats are broken somehow? So they think the battery is full and therefor not charge? Or would the icon / indicator then show 100%? Does the icon get its information from the same source (or directly from) as the android battery management?

(ps: 12 hours for 35%=! ROFL!?? What charger is that?)

You may consider having a look at this HowTo

perompak13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piehti View Post
Did you try another ROM? I'm on #20 and I think I have (mentionable) more battery life. Not charging issues. Guess the fresh installment / wipe helped or an energy eater didn't survive the reinstall. Also I could observe two things (which I don't know of if they are related): Sometimes when the tab was docked it didn't charge. Second the the tab hat a battery problem. When docked and in sleep -> Dock empty next morning. I controlled this with Juice defender but weren't able to locate the problem in an app. This is now gone.

From my experience: I bought 2 power cable for the TF101 (only cable). One works as USB cable with no loading feature (not on USB 3.0 nor on the wallcharger). The other one works as USB connection cable and as wall charger. I can extend the original cable with USB to USB cable to transfer data and charge. I can't get any of that both two (CHEAP) cables to load extended or trasfer data. The two cables I bought at ebay were diffrent vendors. One for ~2,50 the other for ~4. If I remember right the original cable where much much more. What I want to say: There are huge diffrences in USB cables. Dunno. It would be a strange accident that the charger or cable broke when / while you intalled a ROM. Could it be that the "intelligent" battery stats are broken somehow? So they think the battery is full and therefor not charge? Or would the icon / indicator then show 100%? Does the icon get its information from the same source (or directly from) as the android battery management?

(ps: 12 hours for 35%=! ROFL!?? What charger is that?)

You may consider having a look at this HowTo
i have mention in other thread,,,my charger original from asus,,,my asus has 2 years with me no problem before,,,,it can connect to laptop,buat when charge in on mode it cant,,,my charger ONLY can charge my battery in off mode (device shutdown),i will try full wipe back to factory re root etc,,,and then fresh install,,,,but it will take more time because i am still wait fot 100% battery,,,