Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Great Kitkat, Note3 and S5 feature Roms that work with our Tmo T889!

OP Goody68

22nd June 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Woodland Hills
Thanks Meter: 41

90 posts
More
Hello everyone I have seen a few post of people looking for Kitkat, Note3 and S5 Roms that work with our phone! Check out AT&T Note2 and N7105 threads to find some awesome Roms that work with our phone Just make sure you follow instructions in original post completely due to you have to flash certain things to make wifi work and add apns, modems etc! Hope this helps

Sent from my SGH-T889
Last edited by Goody68; 22nd June 2014 at 03:02 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goody68 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody68

Hello everyone I have seen a few post of people looking for Kitkat, Note3 and S5 Roms that work with our phone! Check out AT&T Note2 and N7105 threads to find some awesome Roms that work with our phone Just make sure you follow instructions in original post completely due to you have to flash certain things to make wifi work and add apns, modems etc! Hope this helps

Sent from my SGH-T889

Have to agree, the features blew my mind. when I handled my moms brand new 5S .... I kind of had to laugh.. thinking I have these features on my note2... and not only that, I have the note 3 features as welll!!! the roms are so sweet I felt I have stole something.
The Following User Says Thank You to plasticslug For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #3  
Flag E. Rockaway
Thanks Meter: 47

267 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticslug

Have to agree, the features blew my mind. when I handled my moms brand new 5S .... I kind of had to laugh.. thinking I have these features on my note2... and not only that, I have the note 3 features as welll!!! the roms ar7e so sweet I felt I have stole something.

Have to agree been in easycat v2 for weeks now with s5 and note 3 features and forgot that its a custom rom.
I did have to install sd fix and foldermount from play store to fix the 2 issues I had.
8th August 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvaldeben

Have to agree been in easycat v2 for weeks now with s5 and note 3 features and forgot that its a custom rom.
I did have to install sd fix and foldermount from play store to fix the 2 issues I had.

I'm relatively new to the rooting scene, about a month, but I've learned a lot and am having a blast getting the most out of my SGH-T889. So far, after having test driven Slim Rom, several Jedi roms, Carbon, Pac Man and several others, I've settled on Jedi X20 as my favorite overall rom due to the fact that I love multi-window and installing to sd card. I like the battery efficiency, smooth look and floating notifications of KitKat though and would love to have some of the Note 3 features available.

Can you give any tips for making it a smoother experience if I want to try what you guys are suggesting? Specific apks/flashes to look for for modem /apn/feature downloads/links? I'm not afraid of reading and teaching myself, but some help in cutting down the searching time would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
10th August 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

21 posts
I've searched for easycat v2 in both the n7105 forum and the at&t forum and can't seem to find it. Mind posting a link?
11th August 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Woodland Hills
Thanks Meter: 41

90 posts
More
Its called eZkat 2.0 in the at&t forum

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goody68 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th August 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #7  
Flag E. Rockaway
Thanks Meter: 47

267 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius Jonez

I'm relatively new to the rooting scene, about a month, but I've learned a lot and am having a blast getting the most out of my SGH-T889. So far, after having test driven Slim Rom, several Jedi roms, Carbon, Pac Man and several others, I've settled on Jedi X20 as my favorite overall rom due to the fact that I love multi-window and installing to sd card. I like the battery efficiency, smooth look and floating notifications of KitKat though and would love to have some of the Note 3 features available.

Can you give any tips for making it a smoother experience if I want to try what you guys are suggesting? Specific apks/flashes to look for for modem /apn/feature downloads/links? I'm not afraid of reading and teaching myself, but some help in cutting down the searching time would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Jedi Roms were my go to rom for a very long time. Try a custom kernel. Below link is in the Note 2 7105 model. Try Agni kernel,there is a jellybean and a kitkat kernel. Do not flash anything for the "Note 2 N7100" is if for Non-LTE phones. Only flash zips for the N7105 the LTE version.

This can give you 20+ hours of battery life on jellybean. I using it on Kitkat now and its awseome.

Cheers.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...elopment-n7105
19th August 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody68

Its called eZkat 2.0 in the at&t forum

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Thanks!
30th September 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 3

4 posts
Thumbs up ezKAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodie

Thanks!

Been running ezKAT v2 for more than a month now. It is outstanding. All the note 3 features and it is stable. Same as mentioned above, I installed foldermount and sdcardfix and ALL features (including installing to SD card) work flawlessly. Absolutely love it.
Thanks for the help guys. Rooting is the Shiznit! Can't wait to try Android L when it lands, but have a feeling I'll end up coming back to ezKat. I'll just make a full backup first so I can easily restore if I wish. Easy peasy!
1st October 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodie

I've searched for easycat v2 in both the n7105 forum and the at&t forum and can't seem to find it. Mind posting a link?

Does ezKat support wifi calling for t-mobile? I'm looking for a ROM that can support multi-window and wifi calling. I was leaning toward the Jedi Master but have seen these threads about N3 features and some look really nice. I don't have any experience rooting phones, but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty as I've done the equivalent to a few different types of devices. Thanks in advance for the help!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread