Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,368 Members 44,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Downgrade from 4.3 back to 4.1.2

Tip us?

zephr5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Downgrade from 4.3 back to 4.1.2

So I did this a couple times now first by accident, then on purpose. If you want to go back to 4.1.2 from 4.3 all you have to do is use Odin. Flash stock 4.1.2 onto 4.3 you get an error "unsupported firmware" then put your phone back into download mode (volume down+home button+power) next flash CF-auto root. After that you can boot into recovery (volume up+home+power) in recovery format everything factory reset, format cache. Last reboot your phone it should reboot into 4.1.2 I think that is how I did it if I remember all the steps right. Feel free to ask questions I don't always explain myself very well.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zephr5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jk0l
Old
Thanks Meter 38
So, has the 4.3 bootloader (which has KNOX) been downgraded to 4.1.2? And KNOX is removed?
What is the status of your device right now in Download Mode?

PhxDroid86
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk0l View Post
So, has the 4.3 bootloader (which has KNOX) been downgraded to 4.1.2? And KNOX is removed?
What is the status of your device right now in Download Mode?
More importantly, if it has the non-Knox download mode (without the whole 0x1 tidbit), does reinstalling the OTA (which would have the Knox download mode) show 0x1 or 0x1 ??

bones718
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxDroid86 View Post
More importantly, if it has the non-Knox download mode (without the whole 0x1 tidbit), does reinstalling the OTA (which would have the Knox download mode) show 0x1 or 0x1 ??

the million dollar question.

zephr5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Well to be honest I think the answer to both questions is No. In download mode after I did the ota knox bull has been there. I actually only meant to use auto root on my 4.3 but knox kept on screwing up the root and su would fc. I figured if I started over and used auto root on 4.3 right after flashing rom with odin without letting phone boot and that worked I have 4.3 rooted with su and custom recovery (cwm). So no I didn't find a way to get rid of knox completely. Just a way to go back to 4.1.2 from 4.3.

GN2Rabbit
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephr5 View Post
Well to be honest I think the answer to both questions is No. In download mode after I did the ota knox bull has been there. I actually only meant to use auto root on my 4.3 but knox kept on screwing up the root and su would fc. I figured if I started over and used auto root on 4.3 right after flashing rom with odin without letting phone boot and that worked I have 4.3 rooted with su and custom recovery (cwm). So no I didn't find a way to get rid of knox completely. Just a way to go back to 4.1.2 from 4.3.

You need to update supersu when rooting on 4.3. Otherwise it will forceclose.

Sent from my SGH-T889

PhxDroid86
Old
Thanks Meter 104
I'm still thinking that Knox will need to be patched/disabled during the root process (or something along those lines). Samsung claims the the fuse trigger is only capable of being triggered from 0x0 to 0x1 and not back again. So to me the answersolution probably will have to come with segregating Knox from the bootloader/system altogether. It'd be funny if devs could use Knox against itself by segregating it in the very "sandbox" it creates, if that makes sense

meoshe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any 4.1.2 stock tar or was it a specific one? also is there only one version of CF auto root?

cr1130
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Default Help please!

Hello All.. After over 5 years of flashing I think I have finally bricked my device.. I am normally great with directions and the forum however I think the latest 4.3 update got me twisted up. Odin'd back to stock and upgraded OTA. All was well.. Then I attempted Chainfire's CF auto root.. All was well and I froze on a phone call.. I battery pulled and now I get "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again".. I tried to go through Kies emergency recovery and it wont accept my serial numbers.. I called t-mobile they told me I need to bring it to a smasung dealer to get "flashed"... I'm at a lost now.. One thing else is when I access download mode I see this Knox Warranty Void : 1.. Does this mean I'm done? I've been trying to read up on this knox and it seems scary to say the least.. yet nothing I read has helped me.. After hors of searching and missing the football game I decided to look to the forums.. Any help is very much appreciated.

I tried to ODIN back to stock with several .tar files (UVBMB4 and UVALJ1) it fails and shows unsupported version(in red) on the device

Device-T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2
Device- SG2(old) GN3(new toy)
ROM- Whatever the best is at the time..
32Gig class 10 San Disk
T-Mobile

"A Wise man once said.. nothing at all"

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2,842

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1130 View Post
Hello All.. After over 5 years of flashing I think I have finally bricked my device.. I am normally great with directions and the forum however I think the latest 4.3 update got me twisted up. Odin'd back to stock and upgraded OTA. All was well.. Then I attempted Chainfire's CF auto root.. All was well and I froze on a phone call.. I battery pulled and now I get "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again".. I tried to go through Kies emergency recovery and it wont accept my serial numbers.. I called t-mobile they told me I need to bring it to a smasung dealer to get "flashed"... I'm at a lost now.. One thing else is when I access download mode I see this Knox Warranty Void : 1.. Does this mean I'm done? I've been trying to read up on this knox and it seems scary to say the least.. yet nothing I read has helped me.. After hors of searching and missing the football game I decided to look to the forums.. Any help is very much appreciated.

I tried to ODIN back to stock with several .tar files (UVBMB4 and UVALJ1) it fails and shows unsupported version(in red) on the device

Device-T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2
Odin the official 4.3 update. That should fix you up

The Following User Says Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]