Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Question Root method for build KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5?

OP Aetherworks

6th June 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
I have a SCH-i545 model GS4 running build number KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5, and I'm looking to try to root my phone, but I can't seem to locate a rood method that says it works for that build. Is it just too new of a build? To rare? Am I just being a moron and looking in the wrong place? I'd really appreciate some help, as there are a few things bugging me about the phone since I updated to KitKat that I know rooting would help.
6th June 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 827
 
2,437 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
There is no direct root method for kitkat....but there are a couple downgrade/upgrade methods available.

sent by bajarom v2.2 kitkat
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Thanks! Is there a method being worked on? If so, I can be patient. If not, I'll go ahead and look into the downgrade/upgrade methods.
6th June 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
MN
Thanks Meter: 720
 
557 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherworks

Thanks! Is there a method being worked on? If so, I can be patient. If not, I'll go ahead and look into the downgrade/upgrade methods.

theres no native method being worked on that hasnt been explored at this time. the trouble is we dont want to break knox or trigger it by rooting that would break our warranty. otherwise there are a few options from the international version that would work for us too its just ummm whats the point when you can downgrade then upgrade and avoid triggering knox and come out with root and safestrap which is what everyone wants/needs to flash a custom rom. you can check out my thread in my signature for the easiest way known to man.
The Following User Says Thank You to gigilie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilie

theres no native method being worked on that hasnt been explored at this time. the trouble is we dont want to break knox or trigger it by rooting that would break our warranty. otherwise there are a few options from the international version that would work for us too its just ummm whats the point when you can downgrade then upgrade and avoid triggering knox and come out with root and safestrap which is what everyone wants/needs to flash a custom rom. you can check out my thread in my signature for the easiest way known to man.

Thank you! That makes sense, I suppose. Ok, I'll try that then.
7th June 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #6  
joshuabg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 458
 
1,261 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherworks

Thank you! That makes sense, I suppose. Ok, I'll try that then.

Here's clearer instructions for his method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2769480

tell me how it goes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to joshuabg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Where can I find that native root method that would trigger knox. I don't care about the warranty, and didn't even know there was an option.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
9th June 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 316
 
996 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambrooke

Where can I find that native root method that would trigger knox. I don't care about the warranty, and didn't even know there was an option.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure there isn't one for NC5.

Sent from my NCC-1701
10th June 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuabg

Here's clearer instructions for his method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2769480

tell me how it goes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Worked Great! Thank you!
28th June 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuabg

Here's clearer instructions for his method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2769480

tell me how it goes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

i used this method and it worked great.... my question (which may be stupid) is?? the swap call function on the keypad dial was switched to record call which I don't need. Is their any way to fix this so I retain add/swap call function? I don't need record call at all or the black keys.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes