Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,947 Members 40,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.x][OFFICIAL & NIGHTLIES][MOTO_MSM8960] MoKee OpenSource Project

Tip us?

kpaliyath
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [ROM][4.4.x][OFFICIAL & NIGHTLIES][MOTO_MSM8960] MoKee OpenSource Project

I was on the 9.30 OTA and installed the KK ota via @SamuriHL method.... I rooted and unlocked the bootloader.

Next I installed CWM for KK and tried installing Mokee @Ryuinferno. Now I am in a bootloop. What could have gone wrong?

Ryuinferno
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6673

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpaliyath View Post
I was on the 9.30 OTA and installed the KK ota via @SamuriHL method.... I rooted and unlocked the bootloader.

Next I installed CWM for KK and tried installing Mokee @Ryuinferno. Now I am in a bootloop. What could have gone wrong?
You must factory reset

Maintains for:
- CyanogenMod (i9100g)
- MoKee OpenSource Project (deb, i9100g, i9100)
- Slimroms Slim Kat (i9100g)
- VanirAOSP (i9100g)
- AOSPA Paranoid Android (i9100g)
- AoCP The Android Collective Project (i9100g)

My GitHub: https://github.com/Ryuinferno
My works: http://ryuinferno.github.io

MoKee OpenSource Build Status
MoKee OpenSource Server Bandwidth Monitor
(6TB per/mo, extra at USD0.02/GB)

Donate to support MoKee OpenSource development!

kpaliyath
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuinferno View Post
You must factory reset
Nope didnt work. Should I have downgraded to JB and done this? I am not sure about that though as the ROM is KK

Ryuinferno
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6673

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Nope didnt work. Should I have downgraded to JB and done this? I am not sure about that though as the ROM is KK
I am not sure as this is device specific... sorry...as long as recovery is compatible it should work

Maintains for:
- CyanogenMod (i9100g)
- MoKee OpenSource Project (deb, i9100g, i9100)
- Slimroms Slim Kat (i9100g)
- VanirAOSP (i9100g)
- AOSPA Paranoid Android (i9100g)
- AoCP The Android Collective Project (i9100g)

My GitHub: https://github.com/Ryuinferno
My works: http://ryuinferno.github.io

MoKee OpenSource Build Status
MoKee OpenSource Server Bandwidth Monitor
(6TB per/mo, extra at USD0.02/GB)

Donate to support MoKee OpenSource development!

RCOO
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
The ROM is KK but it was not designed for the latest boot loader version, I think. The only custom rom that will work with the most recent OTA boot loader are dhacker's test builds
You have to either downgrade the boot loader, use one of the test builds or revert to stock system.

HTC Sensation Z710e

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RCOO For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kpaliyath
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCOO View Post
The ROM is KK but it was not designed for the latest boot loader version, I think. The only custom rom that will work with the most recent OTA boot loader are dhacker's test builds
You have to either downgrade the boot loader, use one of the test builds or revert to stock system.
Thanks a lot @RCOO...... I have flashed back Samuri's Stock KK.... I was worried it had hard bricked....

Will try downgrading and then flash back n see what happens....

JohnnyMcG
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default whao there

Quote:

i did something very similiar. from what i understand (which isnt muchLOL). but Dhacker29 told me that once you upgrade you have to use the new kitkat bootloader. and the new bootloader only works with roms that have upgraded kernels 3.5 or higher(i think) so right at this momoent there are next to no roms but you can either use stock and modify it yourself or you can give Dhackers test build which isnt bad it has a few bugs but all the hardware works so far and my RAZR HD is playing games it couldnt touch before at all. here give this a try( oh turn off touch sounds to get rid of that anoying popping/cracking sound) i started this thread after having the same issues LMAO in it u will find links to the test rom . hope this helps

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2789490

kpaliyath
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
@JohnnyMcG... I did the downgrade and it worked.... Flashed mokee and it works like a charm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk