Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] recovery missing

OP Nota3

22nd June 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Hi everyone. I accidently flashed a 4.3 rom over a 4.4 one and my note 3 was bricked. I flashed stock rom via odin and got the phone alive and running again but I found out the recovery was missing/recovery bootloop. I tried flashing cwm through odin but it didnt work.Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you in advance. -sorry if my english is bad-
22nd June 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 376

1,192 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nota3

Hi everyone. I accidently flashed a 4.3 rom over a 4.4 one and my note 3 was bricked. I flashed stock rom via odin and got the phone alive and running again but I found out the recovery was missing/recovery bootloop. I tried flashing cwm through odin but it didnt work.Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you in advance. -sorry if my english is bad-

Which recovery are you referring to, the stock one or custom? Stock is hard to messed with except in extreme cases.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

Which recovery are you referring to, the stock one or custom? Stock is hard to messed with except in extreme cases.

Thank you for your reply.I dont know because I have never seen the recovery after i flashed the stock firmware.After I flashed firmware via odin should it be stock recovery or custom? I wish to obtain cwm recovery for my phone.
22nd June 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #4  

1,192 posts
Quote:

Thank you for your reply.I dont know because I have never seen the recovery after i flashed the stock firmware.After I flashed firmware via odin should it be stock recovery or custom? I wish to obtain cwm recovery for my phone.

Flashing stock firmware will also replace any custom recovery you had with the stock one.

I've been using only CWM 6.0.4.7 by Chenglu. If you want to use this one, choose the correct version for your phone and flash using odin.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

Flashing stock firmware will also replace any custom recovery you had with the stock one.

I've been using only CWM 6.0.4.7 by Chenglu. If you want to use this one, choose the correct version for your phone and flash using odin.

thank you very much. it works like a charm.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nota3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #6  

1,192 posts
Quote:

thank you very much. it works like a charm.

Glad it worked out for you.

Enjoy
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread