This will be the lightest TouchWiz ROM you ever will see! Just 586 MB
See Post #2 for the G900F/I/T/L/S/M/W8 XtreStoLite Aroma Add-on Package
See Post #3 for the G900H Exynos XtreStoLite version (ROM & Add-on package)
And Post #4 for latest Odin Bootloader & Modem packages for each model
INTL. G900F/I/T/L/S/M/W8 version ROM Details:
- Based on the latest Samsung Stock G900F XXU1ANG7 firmware (Base build date: 22-7-2014)
- Options between the following 3 kernels:
- Stock XXU1ANG7 Kernel ONLY for the G900F (with bootloader ANG2+) & G900M (with bootloader ANG3+)
- Modded Stock Kernel (for the T/I/W8/L/S models and G900F/M with old bootloader)
- Latest KToonsez kernel
- All the standard features of Stock Android will work, so it's like an AOSP ROM with the TouchWiz launcher & SystemUI
- Unique separate Aroma Add-on Package which includes all the removed Samsung 'bloatware' apps, so that you can flash at any time your missing app back... SEE POST #2
- ROM still includes the original Samsung Gallery, Camera, Dialer, Messages, Music, Alarm & Calculator apps
- Latest Google Keyboard (You can install the Samsung keyboard with the Aroma add-on package from post #2)
- Latest SuperSu, BusyBox & Sqlite3 binary's integrated
- KNOX fully removed
- 100% Clean and correct installation script (by @_alexndr & me)
- Native Call Recording
- Optional working Private Mode (with the Aroma add-on package)
- At every boot the FsTrim command will be excecuted, to keep your Phone smooth and the internal memory fast!
- SD-card write permissions
- Odexed (to keep it ART Runtime compatible, and to keep 100% original stock files = faster)
- ART Runtime works (Make sure you haven't the Xposed Framework installed when using ART)
- (Optional) CSC tweaks, like:
★ Add secondary symbols to the Samsung Keyboard
★ Native Call recording & Camera shutter sound button in the Samsung Camera app
★ Enable All Quick Toggles in the notification panel
★ Enable camera during call
★ TouchWiz Launcher is sorted Alphabetically at default
★ Disabled Auto-correction for the Samsung Keyboard at default
★ Filming with the Samsung camera app no longer pauses Music (if you're playing music)
★ Messaging time stamps to it's original time
★ Enable Call Button in Contact list
★ Call/Message blocking Settings entry
★ Enable Camera during call
★ Music won't pause while using the Camera
★ Message 999 recipient limit
★ Message server time-stamp
★ Exit button in the Samsung internet Browser
- A few optional build.prop tweaks, like: Fewer WiFi scans, Faster Boot animation speeds, Disabled call ring and Proximity delay, and disabled logging.
- This ROM supports the following models: G900F, G900I, G900T, G900M, G900W8, G900L, G900S
- Separate XtreStoLite G900H & G900T versions available
- Option to choose between American or European regional values (to show the American 4G/LTE or European H+/4G data icons and the correct date/time format)
-The ROM contains only 100% Original Stock files (No modded APK, Framework & lib files), this gives you the most stable, fastest & smoothest experience.
- But if you really want some mods, then you still can choose between 5 different mods when installing the ROM:
- Advanced Reboot Menu
- Remove Safe Sound warning
- Remove S-Finder & QuickConnect buttons in the Notification drawer
- 3Minit Battery Mod (choose between 1070+ battery icons)
- Modded Messages app with the following mods:
★ Fixed the Messages block list FC
★ Enabled Save/restore messages function
★ Disabled automatic SMS-to-MMS conversion
★ Increased the SMS limit per hour to 1000
★ Disabled SMS, MMS and Email in Call logs
★ Increased the MMS max. file size to 2048000 bytes + Increased max. MMS image size to 4096x2048 [8.4MP]
★ Enabled Screen on/off notification toggle in the settings (of the Messages app)
★ Disable SMS-to-MMS conversion when message contains an Emoji
- See Post #2 for the Aroma Add-on Package, so that you can choose which Samsung Apps / functions you want back.
You can use this Aroma add-on package at any time after flashing this rom (So you can first use the rom barebone and look for yourself which app/feature you want to have back)
- Settings -> Wallpaper FC's!? That's normal... because you have to flash the Samsung Wallpaper picker add-on with the XtreStoLite Aroma Add-on Package for this (see post #2)
- The ART runtime is still experimental, and I don't recommend to use it. You will also get slightly better performance with the Dalvik runtime.
- The aim of this ROM is to keep it as close to the stock firmware as possible. Because this way the ROM is the most stable you can get, and also you don't have any mods that can have influence on the performance and/or battery life of the ROM.
Also you can tweak the interface on your own nowadays with Xposed Framework plugins like: Wanam Xposed, GravityBox & Xposed G-TouchWiz.
- If you're experiencing ANY issue, then first make sure that you're on the latest bootloader/firmware (see post #4 for latest one for your model), and that you've done an clean install (data/factory reset before installing the ROM).
Also some Xposed modules can cause some issues, first disable all your Xposed modules and see if the problem still exist for you.
- With the Xposed G-TouchWiz plugin you can remove/hide the S-Finder & QuickConnect buttons in the notification panel.
And with the 'Galaxy S5 Widgets' Xposed module you can get widgets on your lock-screen.
So please don't ask in this thread if I can add an mod for those functions.
- With the Xposed plugin XSecureStorage you can still use the Private Mode & S-Health without any problem in combination with all the included mods (which are in this ROM) & the Xposed framework.
(If you're getting continual an Health Service force close after installing this Xposed plugin, then Clear the app data of both S-Health & HealthService apps in Settings -> App manager)
- If you do use Philz/CWM recovery, then you can get an warning when you try to reboot after flashing, that the su binary is not installed or to restore the recovery... always answer NO to those questions (otherwise you will lose root)
- I strongly recommend to install SVoice with the Aroma add-on package, even if you don't use SVoice, just to disable the Home key SVoice launch delay in SVoice. (Svoice -> Menu key -> Settings -> De-select: Open via the home key)
After disabling this option, the home key will react much quicker when you press it.
You can disable the Svoice app if you want after this (Settings -> Application Manager -> All -> S Voice -> Disable), but do not delete the app data of it.
- I recommend to set all the 3 Animation settings to 0.5 in the Developer settings menu, for much faster animations (and experience).
- Enable the Developer Options (Settings -> About Device -> 8x tap the Build number)
- Go to the Developer Options (Settings -> Developer options)
- Scroll down, and set:
'Window animation scale' to 0.5
'Transition animation scale' to 0.5
'Animator duration scale' to 0.5
- Enjoy the faster animations!
- All the Google Play Store apps are NOT included in the ROM (or Aroma add-on package), you can download those by yourself in the Play Store.
- If you did choose the KToonsez kernel option in the installer of the ROM, then make sure you accept the SuperSu root permission promt after first boot-up.
- If you choose to use the KToonsez kernel, then an custom kernel profile (by @LuigiBull23) will be automatically set as default kernel settings... This profile has an slightly OC (2,6 GHz) on the CPU at default.
The kernel settings can you tweak by yourself with the KTweaker app.
- If you experience reboots with the Ktoonsez kernel, then try to disable the OC on the CPU with the Ktweaker app (decrease max. CPU frequency to 2,45 Ghz) or increase the CPU voltages with 25 or 30 mV
- If you're experiencing any other issue/bug while using the KToonsez (or any other custom) kernel, then always first flash back the Stock Samsung kernel, and look if you still experience the issue/bug, before you post an reply here about your issue/bug.
- The 'OK Google' voice command for the Google Search app works only if you have set your system language to one of the supported languages for this voice command.
- If you choose to use the ART runtime, then the first reboot after you did choose the ART runtime will take a very long time to boot up. The bootscreen shows up longer than usual (around the 3 minutes), and after that the 'Android is upgrading...' screen will take a few minutes)
- @Ktoonsez (for the amazing Ktoonsez kernel)
- @LuigiBull23 (for the great Ktoonsez profiles)
- @_alexndr (for parts of the installation script, the native init.d support & Multi-CSC feature)
- @steha (for helping me with the Mods in v.1.3.5+)
- @hyperX- (for the HX-Camera-Mod)
- @Txr33 (for the G900I NFC Fix) (Updated them by myself to the newest G900I base)
- @gharrington (for the 3Minit Battery Mod)
- @tamirda (for the Screen Mirroring build.prop fix)
- All the beta testers of course!!
V.1.3.7a: - Updated Ktoonsez kernel to v.15-10-2014 - Updated Google Play Services to v.6.1.74 - Updated Google Keyboard to v.4.0.21003.1519572 (Android L Developer Preview 3) (With optional new white theme!) - Updated SuperSu to v.2.14 - Updated Play Store to v.5.0.32 - Re-done the Mods with latest Apktool 2.0RC2 V.1.3.7: - You can now also choose your CSC region when you select the American settings option! - When you choose the American settings then you now will also get the 'G900F' model number at: Settings -> About device (previously you did get the G900T model number) - Added the following CSC's: • USA: AT&T (ATT) • USA: T-Mobile (TMB) • Brazil (ZTO) • Australia (XSA) • Canada (RWC) • Turkey (TUR) • Uruguay (UFU) - Fixed Screen mirroring - Added many more Samsung Messages app CSC tweaks (at default; not optional) (too many to list them all) - Added new optional build.prop tweak: Disable (some) logging - Updated G900I kernel and NFC Fix to G900I firmware ANG3 - Updated SuperSu to v.2.13 - Updated Play Services to v.6.1.71 - Updated Play Store 5.0.31 (Android L interface!) - Updated Ktoonsez kernel to v.7-OCT (Now based on much newer Android 4.4.4 sources!) - Updated default Ktoonsez kernel profile to v.2.2 (lowered the CPU OC, to be more stable) - Added correct permissions for /system/bin/resetreason to the installation script - Removed Promt to exit from the S-Browser NOTE: v.1.3.7 is only an ROM update, you can use Aroma add-on package v.1.3.6 with this release. V1.3.6: - Updated SuperSu to v.2.12 Beta - Changed BusyBox binary to the one from the 'BusyBox on rails' app. (This BusyBox binary is also better compatible with the Ktoonsez kernel!) - Optimized/fixed the Sqlite3 optimization init.d script (fixed the VACUUM command, and the script will run only once in the 24 hours at boot) - Added optional CSC Tweak: Extra Quick toggles in the notification panel - Updated 3Minit battery mod to v.2.2 - Updated Google Play Services to v.6.1.11 - Updated Ktoonsez kernel to version from 21 September 2014 - Updated the default Ktoonsez kernel profile to v.2.1 - Added a few more CSC tweaks: (those are enabled at default, not optional) ★ Enable camera during call ★ TouchWiz Launcher is sorted Alphabetically at default ★ Disabled Auto-correction for the Samsung Keyboard at default ★ Filming with the Samsung camera app no longer pauses Music (if you're playing music) ★ Messaging time stamps to it's original time - The optional Messages app Mod now includes the following mods: ★ Fixed the Messages block list FC ★ Enabled Save/restore messages function ★ Increased the Recipient limit to 1000 ★ Disabled automatic SMS-to-MMS conversion ★ Increased the SMS limit per hour to 1000 ★ Disabled SMS, MMS and Email in Call logs ★ Increased the MMS max. file size to 2048000 bytes + Increased max. MMS image size to 4096x2048 [8.4MP] ★ Enabled Screen on/off notification toggle in the settings (of the Messages app) ★ Disable SMS-to-MMS conversion when message contains an Emoji V1.3.5: - Added 5 different Optional Mods (ALL ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ART RUNTIME!!): • Advanced Reboot Menu (Also NOT compatible with Private Mode) • Remove High Volume Warning (Also NOT compatible with Private Mode) • Modded Samsung Messages app (with Screen on/off toggle & Restore function) • Remove S-Finder & QuickConnect buttons in notification drawer • 3Minit Battery Mod (v.2.1) (Choose between 1070+ battery icons) - Updated BusyBox & Sqlite3 binaries - Added 12 new CSC countries (thanks to @_alexndr) - Removed Fstrim binary (it isn't needed anymore, the FSTrim command is now supported by the new BusyBox binary!) - Fixed some permissions - Added AT&T carrier APN settings (for those with an G900T on AT&T) V1.3.4: - Re-based whole ROM to base firmware XXU1ANG7 (it has an higher changelist number than the ANG9 firmware, and is definitely newer!) - The return of the Multi-CSC feature!! (Only when you select the European regional settings, when you select the American regional settings then the USA TMB CSC gets automatically flashed) If your country isn't in the Multi-CSC list then just select the default one (PHN: the Netherlands) - Made 3 CSC Tweaks optional in the Aroma installer of the ROM (Call recording, Exit button in the S-Browser & Camera shutter sound button) - Also made the Build.prop tweaks & Sqlite3 tweak optional in the Aroma installer - Moved HearingAdjust, RootPA & SStudio apk's to the Aroma Add-on Package (to make the ROM even more lite) - Removed some more un-needed lib files - Updated G900I Modded Stock Kernel to G900I base firmware DDU1ANG2 (DDU1ANG2 G900I bootloader needed!!) - Updated/fixed G900I NFC Fix to base firmware DDU1ANG2 (NFC works again on the G900I !!) - Updated Ktoonsez kernel to build 14-8 - Various fixes and optimizations V1.3.3: - Updated whole ROM to base firmware XXU1ANG9 (PHN: Netherlands, build date 25-7-2014) - Updated Stock Kernel to v. XXU1ANG9 (It's compatible with the G900F and G900M models with bootloader ANG2 or newer) (for the other models you still have to use the modded stock kernel) - Updated Ktoonsez kernel to build 10-8 (It's based on ANG2 sources now, and has Faux Sound!) (thanks to @ktoonsez) - Updated SuperSu to v.2.0.2 - Updated Google Play Services to v.5.0.89 - Updated Google Keyboard to v.3.1.20003.1320585 (from Android L Developers Preview 2) - Deleted 3 more unnecessary apk's from the ROM: FixmoISA.apk, ResourceManager.apk & intelligenceservice_1.0_alpha1.apk - Fixed the 'Remove secondary symbols from the Samsung Keyboard' mod - Misc. improvements & fixes V.1.3.2: - Added DXU1ANG1 stock kernel with RAM-disk from ANG2 as an option for the G900T/M/W8 models (& G900F with old bootloader) (with working MTP!) - Also modded the G900I & G900L(/S) Stock kernels with working USB MTP connection fix! - Updated Ktoonsez kernel to build 19-7-2014 (Fixed the USB MTP connection with the new base!, thanks to @ktoonsez) - Updated Google Play Services to v.5.0.88 - Updated Google Play Store to v.4.9.13 (with Android L interface!) - Updated/Changed the CSC to BTU ANG3 version - Integrated the 'Camera modes' fix (so that all the camera modes are available at default again in the Samsung camera app) - Samsung Secure Storage service is now enabled at default on the G900F, and gets automatically disabled when you install the S-Health add-on with the Aroma add-on package - Added latest Sqlite3 binary - Misc. improvements & fixes (for example: that you had to re-enter your Wi-Fi password after an reboot in some situations) V.1.3.1 Full-Wipe NEEDED!!! (yes again...) - Updated whole ROM to base firmware XXU1ANG2 (build date 3 July 2014) - Updated stock kernel to XXU1ANG2 (build date 3 July 2014) - Disabled 'Tima' KNOX service in build.prop file V.1.3 Full-Wipe NEEDED!!!: - Updated whole ROM to base firmware DXU1ANG1 (Base build date: 1 July 2014) - Updated stock kernel to DXU1ANG1 - Updated Ktoonsez kernel to v.14-7-2014 build, with new Ktoonsified V2 profile at default - It's now also possible to do an full-wipe from within the ROM Aroma installer. - Updated G900I Kernel & NFC fix to G900I ANF3 base - Updated G900S/L Kernel & Bluetooth/WiFi fixes to G900S ANG1 base - Misc. installation script fixes V.1.2.2: - Added newest KToonsez kernel as an option, with XtreStoLite KToonsified profile (by @Ktoonsez & @LuigiBull23) Your current KTweaker folder (if you have one) will be renamed to KTweakOLD - Added NATIVE init.d support (thanks to @_alexndr) (the Universal init.d app is no longer needed!) (this also works with the Stock kernel, not only with KToonsez kernel!!) - Improved the installation script a lot again (by @_alexndr) - Added Call/Message block shortcut in Settings - Misc. fixes and speed improvements V.1.2.1a: - Replaced the APN list with the one from the Android L developer preview (it's newer & supports more carriers) - Updated Google Keyboard to v.3.1.20003.1236599 Android L version (Original port by me) - Updated SuperSu to v.2.01 - Cleaned up the CSC (removed the Nordic countries carrier stuff from it) - Rom is now even more lite (541 MB) - Optimized the Aroma installer & installation script a bit V.1.2.1: - Performance optimizations (ROM feels smoother/faster now!) - Optimized the installation script a lot... Added the (correct) Chcon context labels for all the files. All the permissions and Chcon labels should be 100% correct now, same as on an stock Odin firmware! - Now you have the choice between European and American regional settings (to show the correct data icons, date/time format and units) - Automatic language recognition on first boot (when you do an clean flash) - The flashable zip is now signed V.1.2a: - Removed the Multi-CSC feature for now, it seems that the older CSC's are not working correctly with the new XXU1ANE4 base. So the NEE (Nordic Countries) CSC is only included in this version of the ROM. NOTICE: I STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you do an Data/factory reset before installing the ROM if you come from another CSC than the NEE CSC. V.1.2: - Updated ROM to XXU1ANE4 base firmware (build date 27 May 2014) - Added Native call recording (thanks to @tdunham) - Updated NEE CSC from the XXU1ANE4 firmware - Updated SuperSu to v.2.0 (no more false 'root access denied' messages!) - Included G900L/S WiFi & Bluetooth fix (thanks to @arronov) - Fixed some permissions in the installation script again. - Enabled LogCat again (the 'disable logcat' mod was draining more battery) V.1.1.5: (Full-Wipe strongly recommend) - Updated stock kernel to ZHU1ANE3 (build date 17 May 2014) for the G900F/M/W8/T models, this kernel seems a bit faster than the XXU1ANE2 stock kernel! - Updated G900I NFC Fix, kernel and NZC CSC to G900I base NE2 (build date 30 May 2014) - Moved the Universal init.d & Google keyboard apps to the Data partition (instead of the System partition) - Enabled the FindMyMobile functions again in Settings -> Security (because the add-on for this is now available in the Aroma add-on package!) - Made some minor changes to a few build.prop models - Added fewer Wifi scans tweak to the build.prop file, for better battery life - Removed the 'Other Model' option from this Aroma installer (it was useless) - Optimized the Installation script a bit (permissions etc.) V.1.1.4: - G900F kernel is now pure stock (previously it was extracted from my device, the file size was different than the one in the Odin tar file) - Updated SuperSu to v.1.99r4 - Updated G900I NFC Fix & Kernel to G900I NE1 base, and made them odexed and ART Runtime compatible! - Added official support for the G900S model - Added XSA (Australia), ZTO (Brazil), USC (American Cellular), TUR (Turkey), PCT (Puerto Rico) and NEE (Nordic Countries) CSC's - Updated G900T files to base NE6 - Corrected G900I, G900L, G900W8, G900M build.prop files - Hidded Samsung Find My Mobile from 'Settings -> Security' (it wasn't working, use Google Device Manager from the Play Services for now) V.1.1.3: - Updated SuperSu to v.1.99r3 (+ fixed the context' of the SuperSu files) - Moved Universal Init.d app from the Data partition to the System partition (to make sure it gets always flashed on every S5 model) - Updated USA T-Mobile CSC from the new NE5 G900T base firmware - Updated the G900L kernel from firmware base: G900LKLU1ANE5 - Made the Bootanimation and shutdownanimation faster with an build.prop tweak - Misc. fixes (in the installation script, new Aroma theme etc.) - Added Russian (SER), Swedish (HTS) & Portugal (TPH) CSC's V.1.1.2: - Moved the USA T-Mobile apps from the ROM to the XtreStoLite Aroma add-on package (hopefully this fixes some FC's for some G900T users) - Updated SuperSu to v.1.99 (Thanks to Chainfire for making this new version compatible with this ROM!!) - Corrected SuperSu & BusyBox permissions in the installation script - Disabled Logcat by default (Made an add-on in the XtreStoLite Aroma add-on package to enable it again) V.1.1.1: - Corrected and added many permissions & symlinks in the installation script - Tweaked the build.prop a little bit more. - Added G900L (Korean) Model selection in the Aroma installer of the ROM (this flashes the G900L kernel + G900L build.prop file) - Corrected the 'Other Model' build.prop file, so that it's compatible with the Samsung Store. - Moved some more lib files from the ROM to the Aroma add-on package. - Fixed that you can't turn off the shutter sound from the camera for all the included CSC's. - Added option to disable the Boot sound (when you turn on your phone) in the Aroma installer of the ROM. V.1.1: ONLY use XtreStoLite Aroma add-on package v.1.1 with this ROM update, because of the rebase. - ROM Totally re-based on the newest firmware base: XXU1ANE2 (Base build date: 8-5-2014) - This new base has the following new things:
- Better Performance
- Better RAM Management
- Faster Camera & Gallery
- Better Fingerprint scanner recognizing
- And many more fixes!
Root & Install custom recovery: (Only needed if you haven't done this yet)
- Flash CF-Root for your model with Odin
- Make sure you have an custom recovery installed (CWM / PhilZ / TWRP) (This trips your KNOX warranty counter!)
Install the ROM
- Make sure you're on an recent Bootloader/Firmware
- Copy the ROM (& Aroma add-on package) zip files to your internal or external memory of your Phone
- Do a Data/Factory reset first in your recovery
- Start the installation
- Enjoy the Rom! :D
- Optionally: Flash the Aroma add-on Package, to restore some of the removed Samsung Apps/Functions that you want (You can do this anytime!)
I would NOT recommend to restore system apps or app data of your apps with Titanium backup, only the apps themselves.
Restoring App data or System apps can cause many problems. (This applies to any ROM!)
For the G900S and G900L models use this recovery: Download (flash with Odin)
See Post #2 For the Aroma Add-on Package, which includes all the removed Samsung apps and functions from the ROM, so that you can choose which feature/app you want back!
ROM XXU1ANG7 V.1.3.7a: (588,4 MB)
Direct D/L MIRROR
(thanks to Gabriël)
(check the MD5 of your download before flashing)
Previous versions of this ROM (including the Aroma add-on package)
See Post #3 for the G900H Exynos XtreStoLite version
And a separate G900T XtreStoLite version HERE
See Post #4 for the latest Flashable Odin Modems/Bootloaders for all the supported models
ONLY use Aroma add-on package v.1.3.4 or higher with this version of the ROM!
All the included Stock kernels as an flashable zip:
- Stock XXU1ANG7 G900F Kernel (for G900F ANG2/7/9 Bootloader & G900M ANG3 Bootloader)
- Stock Modded DXU1ANG1 T/W8 Kernel (& F/M with Old bootloader)
- Stock Modded ANG2 G900I Kernel (NFC Works again!)
- Stock Modded ANG1 G900L/S Kernel
(for when you did flash an custom kernel and want to have the stock kernel back)
(use the Donate button in my signature)
XtreStoLite, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: TouchWiz
Current Stable Version: 1.3.7a
Stable Release Date: 2014-10-18
Last Updated 2014-10-18