Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,584 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Tip us?
 
Phil3759
Old
#1  
Phil3759's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 30712
Posts: 9,240
Join Date: May 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2201860


PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI


Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

To take a screen shot, just long press outside a menu (2 sec and slightly change pressure after the delay)

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut


Download links
Last version can be found here:
Quote:
Galaxy S5 Unified (klte): International, Canada, Sprint, TMO

http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A...d_Edition/klte

Notice: ATT and VZW are locked. You must unlock them to be able to flash a recovery
special credits to @PlayfulGod for his unified device tree
https://github.com/playfulgod

XDA:DevDB Information
[klte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch, a Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
Phil3759

Version Information
Status: Stable

Created 2014-04-04
Last Updated 2014-04-16
>PhilZ Touch Recovery: Main thread and Download links
> Support IRC Channel: freenode - #PhilZ-Touch
>Root ICS/JB for all phones: link
>CWM6 Temporary: i9100, n7000
>Busybox Uninstaller: safely remove +600 files
>Safe Wipe Data/System/Cache/Dalvik: i9100/n7000
>CF-Root in Stock Recovery: dead project
The Following 78 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Phil3759
Old
(Last edited by Phil3759; 11th April 2014 at 04:43 PM.)
#2  
Phil3759's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 30712
Posts: 9,240
Join Date: May 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
reserved
>PhilZ Touch Recovery: Main thread and Download links
> Support IRC Channel: freenode - #PhilZ-Touch
>Root ICS/JB for all phones: link
>CWM6 Temporary: i9100, n7000
>Busybox Uninstaller: safely remove +600 files
>Safe Wipe Data/System/Cache/Dalvik: i9100/n7000
>CF-Root in Stock Recovery: dead project
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PlayfulGod
Old
#3  
PlayfulGod's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2780
Posts: 1,734
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dalton

 
DONATE TO ME
You did notice that there was a issue with internal storage right?? It was suggested I could fix using a init file but I've not had a chance to work on it yet. If you happen to have the same issue and fix it, please share and let me know what you did.

Personal device(s): LG G Flex & G Watch

Projects: LG Flex CM11, LG G Watch

My sites: PlayfulDroidz Wiki & Unleashed PrePaids & TechyGeeky

My Apps: PlayfulGod@Google Play
The Following User Says Thank You to PlayfulGod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Phil3759
Old
#4  
Phil3759's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 30712
Posts: 9,240
Join Date: May 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
You did notice that there was a issue with internal storage right?? It was suggested I could fix using a init file but I've not had a chance to work on it yet. If you happen to have the same issue and fix it, please share and let me know what you did.
ups, sorry, I did not notice
Link to the exact issue?
Sure if I find a fix I will share all sources. That's what I always do now, outside the touch code
>PhilZ Touch Recovery: Main thread and Download links
> Support IRC Channel: freenode - #PhilZ-Touch
>Root ICS/JB for all phones: link
>CWM6 Temporary: i9100, n7000
>Busybox Uninstaller: safely remove +600 files
>Safe Wipe Data/System/Cache/Dalvik: i9100/n7000
>CF-Root in Stock Recovery: dead project
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PlayfulGod
Old
#5  
PlayfulGod's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2780
Posts: 1,734
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dalton

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759 View Post
ups, sorry, I did not notice
Link to the exact issue?
Sure if I find a fix I will share all sources. That's what I always do now, outside the touch code
not sure of the source of the issue, but its internal sd/storage is read only. So no backups can be made to internal storage. Restoring data works fine tho.

TWRP doesnt have this issue tho, so I think its in the device repo and prolly something simple. lol

Also this is only known to work with the G900F so far. The kernel src I have on github is technically for the G900D, but its working in CWM. Just seems to be missing model specific dts files.

Personal device(s): LG G Flex & G Watch

Projects: LG Flex CM11, LG G Watch

My sites: PlayfulDroidz Wiki & Unleashed PrePaids & TechyGeeky

My Apps: PlayfulGod@Google Play
 
Phil3759
Old
#6  
Phil3759's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 30712
Posts: 9,240
Join Date: May 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
not sure of the source of the issue, but its internal sd/storage is read only. So no backups can be made to internal storage. Restoring data works fine tho.

TWRP doesnt have this issue tho, so I think its in the device repo and prolly something simple. lol

Also this is only known to work with the G900F so far. The kernel src I have on github is technically for the G900D, but its working in CWM. Just seems to be missing model specific dts files.
Not having the device makes it a too long debug process. Also, seems few users interested in debugging it
About write to sdcard, it is probably a selinux permission issue. At least that's what I most often encountred
I looked at your twrp sources. They use custom selinux permission files

Well, in fact they are using Samsung enforced permissions and they run this at boot:
Code:
toolbox setenforce permissive
You'll have to mount /system for that than unmount it as we have still no setenforce in busybox (they are in Pruvot custom busybox repo though)

Can you try this:
Quote:
  • ensure you are not using the recovery.fstab file in your device tree but the fstab.qcom
  • adb shell:
Code:
mount /system
/system/bin/toolbox setenforce permissive
See if you can now access internal storage in write mode
>PhilZ Touch Recovery: Main thread and Download links
> Support IRC Channel: freenode - #PhilZ-Touch
>Root ICS/JB for all phones: link
>CWM6 Temporary: i9100, n7000
>Busybox Uninstaller: safely remove +600 files
>Safe Wipe Data/System/Cache/Dalvik: i9100/n7000
>CF-Root in Stock Recovery: dead project
 
PlayfulGod
Old
(Last edited by PlayfulGod; 4th April 2014 at 09:32 PM.)
#7  
PlayfulGod's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2780
Posts: 1,734
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dalton

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759 View Post
Not having the device makes it a too long debug process. Also, seems few users interested in debugging it
About write to sdcard, it is probably a selinux permission issue. At least that's what I most often encountred
I looked at your twrp sources. They use custom selinux permission files

Well, in fact they are using Samsung enforced permissions and they run this at boot:
Code:
toolbox setenforce permissive
You'll have to mount /system for that than unmount it as we have still no setenforce in busybox (they are in Pruvot custom busybox repo though)

Can you try this:


See if you can now access internal storage in write mode
Agreed, debugging w/o the device is a pita. lol
I seen that as well and had the tester try to set it. Not sure if they mounted system first, so will have them try it again to make sure. If they did, it didnt help.

I will have to check and see which fstab I have it using too. When I hear from my tester I will test all your suggestions. And thanks.

Its using the fstab.qcom.

Personal device(s): LG G Flex & G Watch

Projects: LG Flex CM11, LG G Watch

My sites: PlayfulDroidz Wiki & Unleashed PrePaids & TechyGeeky

My Apps: PlayfulGod@Google Play
 
Phil3759
Old
#8  
Phil3759's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 30712
Posts: 9,240
Join Date: May 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
Agreed, debugging w/o the device is a pita. lol
I seen that as well and had the tester try to set it. Not sure if they mounted system first, so will have them try it again to make sure. If they did, it didnt help.

I will have to check and see which fstab I have it using too. When I hear from my tester I will test all your suggestions. And thanks.

Its using the fstab.qcom.
Oh, you're also doing it blindly
It can be possible, but not with such a non existing feedback from users

If you think testers are just able to boot and check, try to add the needed lines to postrecoveryboot.sh (inherited from msm8960-common/recovery)
Code:
mount [BLKID] /system
/system/bin/toolbox setenforce permissive
umount /system
However, I think you need the blkid, not sure the path symlink to partition will work
You cannot just make a mount /system from postrecoveryboot.sh as the fstab file is not yet generated by recovery at that level
>PhilZ Touch Recovery: Main thread and Download links
> Support IRC Channel: freenode - #PhilZ-Touch
>Root ICS/JB for all phones: link
>CWM6 Temporary: i9100, n7000
>Busybox Uninstaller: safely remove +600 files
>Safe Wipe Data/System/Cache/Dalvik: i9100/n7000
>CF-Root in Stock Recovery: dead project
 
PlayfulGod
Old
(Last edited by PlayfulGod; 4th April 2014 at 10:19 PM.)
#9  
PlayfulGod's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2780
Posts: 1,734
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dalton

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759 View Post
Oh, you're also doing it blindly
It can be possible, but not with such a non existing feedback from users

If you think testers are just able to boot and check, try to add the needed lines to postrecoveryboot.sh (inherited from msm8960-common/recovery)
Code:
mount [BLKID] /system
/system/bin/toolbox setenforce permissive
umount /system
However, I think you need the blkid, not sure the path symlink to partition will work
You cannot just make a mount /system from postrecoveryboot.sh as the fstab file is not yet generated by recovery at that level
I will give that a try. thanks

img built and linked to tester(s).

Personal device(s): LG G Flex & G Watch

Projects: LG Flex CM11, LG G Watch

My sites: PlayfulDroidz Wiki & Unleashed PrePaids & TechyGeeky

My Apps: PlayfulGod@Google Play
The Following User Says Thank You to PlayfulGod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Phil3759
Old
#10  
Phil3759's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 30712
Posts: 9,240
Join Date: May 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
I will give that a try. thanks

img built and linked to tester(s).
Thanks,
will watch your thread and wait for testers before wasting more time on it
>PhilZ Touch Recovery: Main thread and Download links
> Support IRC Channel: freenode - #PhilZ-Touch
>Root ICS/JB for all phones: link
>CWM6 Temporary: i9100, n7000
>Busybox Uninstaller: safely remove +600 files
>Safe Wipe Data/System/Cache/Dalvik: i9100/n7000
>CF-Root in Stock Recovery: dead project

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes