Post Reply
Question

[Q] Restore screensaver deafults

22nd June 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag München
Thanks Meter: 3
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Hello,

maybe I'm dumb or blind - but I can not find app/task that is resposible for Screensaver - to restore defaults , so that after docking my phone it will ask what do I want to do (Bettetter Dashclock, Kaloer clock etc...). I've chosen Bettetter Dashclock and now cannot revert back...

Thanks in advance
22nd June 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #2  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,204
 
6,430 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmkat

Hello,

maybe I'm dumb or blind - but I can not find app/task that is resposible for Screensaver - to restore defaults , so that after docking my phone it will ask what do I want to do (Bettetter Dashclock, Kaloer clock etc...). I've chosen Bettetter Dashclock and now cannot revert back...

Thanks in advance

Well....you have daydream in settings/display if yoy are looking for that...
If not...then sorry - I don't quite understand you...




Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
22nd June 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag München
Thanks Meter: 3
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

Well....you have daydream in settings/display if yoy are looking for that...
If not...then sorry - I don't quite understand you...




Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Thanks, the thing is I want to revert - so that after docking up it will ask if I want to use daydream Slideshow or other screensaver app....
22nd June 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #4  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,204
 
6,430 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmkat

Thanks, the thing is I want to revert - so that after docking up it will ask if I want to use daydream Slideshow or other screensaver app....

Can't you go to app settings and clear defaults?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
22nd June 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag München
Thanks Meter: 3
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

Can't you go to app settings and clear defaults?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk


Sounds simple but which app is responsible for that? Got no daydream or screensaver app on the list ....
22nd June 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #6  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,204
 
6,430 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmkat

Sounds simple but which app is responsible for that? Got no daydream or screensaver app on the list ....

You have app for that that you installed? (Better Dashclock or example)
Go to that app settings and clear defaults that will do the job..

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
22nd June 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag München
Thanks Meter: 3
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

You have app for that that you installed? (Better Dashclock or example)
Go to that app settings and clear defaults that will do the job..

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Yep got Better Dashclock - but clearing data - does not work, app is still active as a default screensaver and ask for further customisation. No pop-up with question "Select a screen saver to be displayed while the device is charging"....
Last edited by kpmkat; 22nd June 2014 at 10:52 PM.
23rd June 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #8  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,204
 
6,430 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmkat

Yep got Better Dashclock - but clearing data - does not work, app is still active as a default screensaver and ask for further customisation. No pop-up with question "Select a screen saver to be displayed while the device is charging"....

You tried to uninstall Dashclock?
When you remove it, what's happening when you dock your phone?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag München
Thanks Meter: 3
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

You tried to uninstall Dashclock?
When you remove it, what's happening when you dock your phone?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

It sets SensMe Slideshow as default...
23rd June 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #10  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,204
 
6,430 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmkat

It sets SensMe Slideshow as default...

Are you sure it should behave different?
I never used that but that's, maybe, the way it should be...

It's strange and stupid but who knows...

If you are sure it should ask you, then you could do only one thing - factory reset (or data wipe from recovery)

You tried to remove every app you installed for daydream and then try?

BTW - can't you set behavior in smart connect?
I'm using "script" for when I connect charger and smartband, maybe there's a problem...?




Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Last edited by funky0308; 23rd June 2014 at 08:53 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
screensaver
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank