Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi N-band Dropping

Tip us?

Elsydeon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154

DONATE TO ME
Default Wifi N-band Dropping

Has anybody else with an AT&T HTC One M8 had any issues with N-band wifi dropouts? My M8 seems to have issues every single day with staying permanently connected to N-band wifi. It requires me to turn the wifi on the phone off and on, at which point it reconnects fine...for maybe an hour or two. I've tried updating my router's firmware to no avail, and if anything it made the issue worse. It doesn't seem to have issues staying connected to the G-band. I'm on the stock AT&T 1.58 ROM, with the JMZ unsecure stock kernel.

garyd9
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsydeon View Post
Has anybody else with an AT&T HTC One M8 had any issues with N-band wifi dropouts? My M8 seems to have issues every single day with staying permanently connected to N-band wifi. It requires me to turn the wifi on the phone off and on, at which point it reconnects fine...for maybe an hour or two. I've tried updating my router's firmware to no avail, and if anything it made the issue worse. It doesn't seem to have issues staying connected to the G-band. I'm on the stock AT&T 1.58 ROM, with the JMZ unsecure stock kernel.
No issues for me using either the stock AT&T firmware or using the HTC Dev Edition firmware. You may be encountering issues due to the non-stock kernel. (If it's not the original stock, it's not stock. The process of detaching the ramdisk to make it un-secure and recombining can impact kernel modules, etc.) Try using a completely stock device and see how it works out. If it still isn't working, I'd guess (and it's only a guess) that it's an issue with your access point or a compatibility issue between the phone and your AP.

(It works perfectly for me on both 2.4Ghz and 5GHz "n")

Donations: I don't accept donations, but if you are feeling charitable, help a child by going to http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/
and click the "Donate Now" link at the top.
The Following User Says Thank You to garyd9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]