Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] lg g2 or g3 ?

OP ollielol

22nd June 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Gent
Thanks Meter: 10

56 posts
More
Hi guys,

first of all i have to say i love xda and its developers! Every smartphone i owned has got a custom rom on it.

So you've probably heard this question a billion times. i can get a lg g2 for 350 euro (+ a metalic skin for 10 euro). the problem is that in 2 weeks the lg g3 will come out and it will cost 550 euro (awesome flipcover for free!). so while 550 euro is quite overbudget to me, i keep wondering if the 200 euro is worth it considering the larger screen, free flipcover, awesome design and the much needed micro sd slot and of course the gorgeous ui! i'm not planning on putting a custom rom on my lg g2 right right so it bugs me a bit knowing lg wont put the new ui on it. So what is the best value for money considering i will probably stick to the g3 a bit longer?

sorry for my bad English, i'am Belgian

Thanks a lot guys and keep up the good work
Last edited by ollielol; 22nd June 2014 at 03:23 PM.
22nd June 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 436

1,699 posts
its tough, depends on your needs. There is a good thread in general section called will you ditch your lg g2 when g3 comes. There are some comments that will help you make a choice.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2764863
alsjeblieft

g2 is better value cause it still has good specs. However g3 is new, latest. Lot going for it.

Oneplus one is also nice if you can get an invite hahah
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bachera For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 9

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachera

its tough, depends on your needs. There is a good thread in general section called will you ditch your lg g2 when g3 comes. There are some comments that will help you make a choice.

alsjeblieft

g2 is better value cause it still has good specs. However g3 is new, latest. Lot going for it.

Before someone deleted this thread I'll have to say that always go for the newer phone unless you already had a G2 than the upgrade might not be much and display and battery life are questionable watch Erica griffins video.
The Following User Says Thank You to CHlCKEN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Gent

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachera

alsjeblieft

haha great, bedankt
the oneplus one invites system really annoys me and the stupid delay they are encountering aren't helping. they have lost their credibility to me
22nd June 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 9

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollielol

haha great, bedankt
the oneplus one invites system really annoys me and the stupid delay they are encountering aren't helping. they have lost their credibility to me

Same here and a lot of people are really pissed on their fb page and they act like everyone is happy .. Cool phone really but the company who made it are trolling us hard.
22nd June 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Gent

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHlCKEN

Same here and a lot of people are really pissed on their fb page and they act like everyone is happy .. Cool phone really but the company who made it are trolling us hard.

could not agree more, let's hope the phone actually makes it to global availability because it is still damn good value for money
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread