S2110

OP Aqua1ung

8th August 2012, 02:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

505 posts
Anyone know of an S2110 review? (Yes, I know it's not a Thinkpad...)
8th August 2012, 08:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 24

153 posts
More
Surprisingly no not a true review
There are some hands on and unboxing videos though
8th August 2012, 08:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

505 posts
All I need to know is how it stacks up against Asus' TF300T. Assuming they have similar prices, who would you go for? (At this point it looks like I can get one at preferred corporate prices, which means sensibly cheaper than Asus's tablet.)
5th September 2012, 03:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 22

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua1ung

All I need to know is how it stacks up against Asus' TF300T. Assuming they have similar prices, who would you go for? (At this point it looks like I can get one at preferred corporate prices, which means sensibly cheaper than Asus's tablet.)

I received an S2110 only yesterday, and while I haven't owned an Asus TF300T, I've played with them extensively on two occasions.

My take:

I recommend the S2110. While both of these tablets go heavy on the plastic, the Lenovo seems better built to me, and is plenty fast (it's counterintuitive, but I think the APQ8060A in the S2110 feels faster than the Tegra in the EEEPad in real-world use). The keyboards are a wash: both will work well for the occasional content generation. Haven't tested Bluetooth yet, but that's supposed to favor the Lenovo for A/V synch. The only knock I can think of on the S2110 is that a few apps -- notably Flipboard -- don't yet support the tablet, but I think that will change. A discounted price on the Lenovo would pretty much seal the deal for me.

Hope this helps!
5th September 2012, 05:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

505 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar B

I received an S2110 only yesterday, and while I haven't owned an Asus TF300T, I've played with them extensively on two occasions.

My take:

I recommend the S2110. While both of these tablets go heavy on the plastic, the Lenovo seems better built to me, and is plenty fast (it's counterintuitive, but I think the APQ8060A in the S2110 feels faster than the Tegra in the EEEPad in real-world use). The keyboards are a wash: both will work well for the occasional content generation. Haven't tested Bluetooth yet, but that's supposed to favor the Lenovo for A/V synch. The only knock I can think of on the S2110 is that a few apps -- notably Flipboard -- don't yet support the tablet, but I think that will change. A discounted price on the Lenovo would pretty much seal the deal for me.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, it looks like I will be receiving mine tomorrow (unless UPS surprises me with an earlier delivery), and unless my wife does not decide to send it back (as we've had some arguments over the opportunity of our purchasing this ). And yes, I did purchase the 32G version including the dock at preferred corporate prices The APQ8060A is a Krait-based processor, so it should, indeed, be faster than Tegra3.
8th September 2012, 01:47 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

505 posts
Alright, i received mine, and I am completely ecstatic. Awesome job Lenovo! Got the 32G version with dock. Minor SW hiccups, but I am hoping to get CM on it soon, or at least Lenovo's JB whenever they get 'round to releasing it.
11th September 2012, 07:21 PM   |  #7  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 27

95 posts
More
I just got mine today. Is there a root out for this? I have been looking for about an hour now with no luck.
12th September 2012, 11:54 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

505 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dego41

I just got mine today. Is there a root out for this?

Not that I know of. Let us know if you find anything.
13th September 2012, 12:04 AM   |  #9  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 27

95 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua1ung

Not that I know of. Let us know if you find anything.

I Googled it for hours, and searched every forum I could think of, and had no luck. I hope someone starts deving this soon.. I don't remember the last time i had an un-rooted device.
19th September 2012, 12:05 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 10

17 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dego41

I Googled it for hours, and searched every forum I could think of, and had no luck. I hope someone starts deving this soon.. I don't remember the last time i had an un-rooted device.

I just got my S2110 16GB with Dock yesterday... After 500000 attempts I am rooted!!!!

Bootloader is locked down like a boss though. I will have more info to come. Stay tuned!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pgeist For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ideapad
Previous Thread Next Thread