Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,834 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Convert N900T to N9005

Tip us?
 
sasadara
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 85
Join Date: Jan 2012
Cool [Q] Convert N900T to N9005

Can I convert my N900T into a complete N9005..??
ROM, Kernel, Baseband (except imei :P)

will it support.. As I heard early there are N9005 roms that can be used on N900T. But need N900T kernel and some fix.. Without them is there any way?? Like Download stock N9005 and JUST install the rom using ODIN.. I never tried before.. And I don't want to brick my devise

Is there any one who tried it already???
 
Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 22nd June 2014 at 07:46 AM.)
#2  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2249
Posts: 4,396
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: N9005 on N900T Tmobile phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasadara View Post
Can I convert my N900T into a complete N9005..??
ROM, Kernel, Baseband (except imei :P)

will it support.. As I heard early there are N9005 roms that can be used on N900T. But need N900T kernel and some fix.. Without them is there any way?? Like Download stock N9005 and JUST install the rom using ODIN.. I never tried before.. And I don't want to brick my devise

Is there any one who tried it already???
There is no problem or issue in flashing a twrp/cwm flashable N9005 custom or stock rom.

Be sure to do a clean and full wipe before flashing the twrp/cwm compatible zip file rom.

After you flash the N9005 custom/stock zip file rom you will need to download and flash
the "wifi-nfc-bluetooth" fix file using twrp/cwm recovery to flash.

Here is the direct download link for the fix zip file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Flashable.zip

After the fix file is flashed you will be good to go.

The only thing you will find missing is Tmobile's "wifi calling" feature.
Everything else will/should work fine without issues.

Note: Do NOT try Odin flashing the official stock N9005 firmware!!!!!
Note: Do NOT Odin flash any N9005 modem/baseband or bootloaders.

The Tmobile baseband/modem and bootloader will work fine with N9005
twrp/cwm flashable zip file roms.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).



 
sasadara
Old
(Last edited by sasadara; 22nd June 2014 at 08:00 AM.)
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 85
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
There is no problem or issue in flashing a twrp/cwm flashable N9005 custom or stock rom.

Be sure to do a clean and full wipe before flashing the twrp/cwm compatible zip file rom.

After you flash the N9005 custom/stock zip file rom you will need to download and flash
the "wifi-nfc-bluetooth" fix file using twrp/cwm recovery to flash.

Here is the direct download link for the fix zip file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Flashable.zip

After the fix file is flashed you will be good to go.

The only thing you will find missing is Tmobile's "wifi calling" feature.
Everything else will/should work fine without issues.

Note: Do NOT try Odin flashing the official stock N9005 firmware!!!!!
Note: Do NOT Odin flash any N9005 modem/baseband or bootloaders.

The Tmobile baseband/modem and bootloader will work fine with N9005
twrp/cwm flashable zip file roms.
Good luck!
Thank you,

Well I actually I need this conversion because I need 3G video calling menu instead of wifi calling or voice mail button on dialer.
Because Im in a different country which can use 3G video Call (support by network)

And in this country 4G LTE only work with Band 3 (1800Mhz) supported handsets instead of North American Band 2 (1700Mhz) handsets

Here, this country its support 3G video calling and 4G LTE on N9005 (this has Band 3 support).. But not with my N900T (no band 3 support band 2, 4, 17 only)..
Thats why Im asking this (convert N900T into N9005) because these two phone have same hardware instead of different software.


And could you tell what are the reasons that Baseband/modem of N9005 not to install on N900T??
will it causes to bootloop or signal issue or something else?
 
Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 22nd June 2014 at 08:48 AM.)
#4  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2249
Posts: 4,396
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: baseband

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasadara View Post
Thank you,

Well I actually I need this conversion because I need 3G video calling menu instead of wifi calling or voice mail button on dialer.
Because Im in a different country which can use 3G video Call (support by network)

And in this country 4G LTE only work with Band 3 (1800Mhz) supported handsets instead of North American Band 2 (1700Mhz) handsets

Here, this country its support 3G video calling and 4G LTE on N9005 (this has Band 3 support).. But not with my N900T (no band 3 support band 2, 4, 17 only)..
Thats why Im asking this (convert N900T into N9005) because these two phone have same hardware instead of different software.


And could you tell what are the reasons that Baseband/modem of N9005 not to install on N900T??
will it causes to bootloop or signal issue or something else?
The reason NOT to install baseband/modem is because every region uses
a different baseband. If you are able to make and receive calls and messages
properly right now then it means that your N9005 baseband is the proper one.

I am not sure about bootlooping with the wrong baseband but I would be that
you would not have any signal if you were to odin flash a Tmobile N900T
baseband version.

If you change to a Tmobile N900T baseband then most likely you will
not be able to make and receive calls and texting will not send/receive
messages and any other region specific application in your country will
not work properly .

The good news is that none of the twrp/cwm flashable zip file roms
contain any basebands/modems which means that most any N9005
twrp/cwm flashable rom should work fine after flashing it to a Tmobile
N900T phone. (after flashing the wifi/nfc/bluetooth fix zip file.)

So in other words regardless of which twrp/cwm flashable zip file rom
you flash it will never change your existing baseband/modem.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).



 
sasadara
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 85
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
The reason NOT to install baseband/modem is because every region uses
a different baseband. If you are able to make and receive calls and messages
properly right now then it means that your N9005 baseband is the proper one.

I am not sure about bootlooping with the wrong baseband but I would be that
you would not have any signal if you were to odin flash a Tmobile N900T
baseband version.

If you change to a Tmobile N900T baseband then most likely you will
not be able to make and receive calls and texting will not send/receive
messages and any other region specific application in your country will
not work properly .

The good news is that none of the twrp/cwm flashable zip file roms
contain any basebands/modems which means that most any N9005
twrp/cwm flashable rom should work fine after flashing it to a Tmobile
N900T phone. (after flashing the wifi/nfc/bluetooth fix zip file.)

So in other words regardless of which twrp/cwm flashable zip file rom
you flash it will never change your existing baseband/modem.

Good luck!
Thanks so I will try with different baseband that uses in N9005 on my N900T.. And check whether I will get LTE signals.. Hope it will work..
Tags
convert, n9005, n900t
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes