Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 49,810 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mini Comparison G3 Screen and Size S5, Note 3

Tip us?
 
Pilz
Old
(Last edited by Pilz; 22nd June 2014 at 09:01 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 671
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Vortex
Default Mini Comparison G3 Screen and Size S5, Note 3

Here is a comparison between the G3, S5, and Note 3 screens. As you can see the AMOLED is heavily saturated when compared to the G3. The 2k screen stands out in comparison with the amount of detail that it displays. The blacks are close in color to me at least, but you can be the judge of that. All of the phones were on AUTO brightness for consistency. Pictures were taken with the S5 and the Note 3 respectively.
The G3 is a comfortable size, and I prefer its size over that of my wife's S5. I really enjoyed my Note 3, but this phone just feels much better, and the back buttons really make a difference.

 











EDIT Updated:
(I had another picture but the file got corrupted for some reason, I'll retake it and post it here)
 




The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pilz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Epix4G
Old
#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1034
Posts: 2,634
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: phoenix
Thanks for this but I think it would be better if you used the same background on all the phones so you can see the difference better vs different background pics

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Epix4G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Pilz
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 671
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G View Post
Thanks for this but I think it would be better if you used the same background on all the phones so you can see the difference better vs different background pics

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
I'll update the OP with the same backgrounds. Thank you for the input.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pilz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ziggazee
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 230
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilz474 View Post
I'll update the OP with the same backgrounds. Thank you for the input.
Can you use 2k wallpapers to make the most of the g3 screen?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Pilz
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 671
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggazee View Post
Can you use 2k wallpapers to make the most of the g3 screen?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
The picture of earth is technically a 4K or greater (5200x3000) wallpaper, but yes the 2K wall papers do make the most of the display.

Here is the image
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3G...it?usp=sharing
 
ziggazee
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 230
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilz474 View Post
The picture of earth is technically a 4K or greater (5200x3000) wallpaper, but yes the 2K wall papers do make the most of the display.

Here is the image
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3G...it?usp=sharing
Yea I want to see high resolution pictures to see if that extra ppi shows more details. Here's a link for some high resolution wallpapers from another tread on XDA.

http://www.mylgphones.com/download-m...for-lg-g3.html

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Pilz
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 671
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggazee View Post
Yea I want to see high resolution pictures to see if that extra ppi shows more details. Here's a link for some high resolution wallpapers from another tread on XDA.

http://www.mylgphones.com/download-m...for-lg-g3.html

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
Do you just want the G3 or a comparison between the S5 or Note?

Sent from my LG-F400S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
ziggazee
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 230
Join Date: Jan 2009
S5 would be better. Also how are you finding the scree compered to them?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
 
hamad138
Old
#9  
hamad138's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 449
Join Date: Mar 2012
Anyone noticing the scratch on the display? Gorilla Glas 3 is the worst Glas from Corning, hopefully Apple will end this with Saphire Glas
 
Baccer
Old
#10  
Baccer's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 93
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stuttgart
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamad138 View Post
Anyone noticing the scratch on the display? Gorilla Glas 3 is the worst Glas from Corning, hopefully Apple will end this with Saphire Glas
which scratch? i only see some hairs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes