- ViperMax 1.0.0 International Version Dev-Host
- Rebased on the latest KitKat Official Release
- New Tweaks, based on ViperOne 5.8 (too many to list)
- Adds htccontacts.apk
- Adds wp_mod.ko to disable write-protection for s-on users (Thanks @flar2!)
- Fixes Hide PowerManager Notification Tweak
- Enabled init.d support in kernel
- Fixes a the hub entry for future Max-specifc themes
- Initial Release
ViperMax Install Instructions
- Download the the latest ViperOne full ROM zip from the download section
- Place the file somewhere on your phone storage. Alternatively, if you have a USB OTG cable (I have this exact one), you can place the rom on a USB key (FAT32, NTFS are all supported).
- Confirm the MD5 on the download page matches the MD5 of the file on your phone (ES File Explorer will show the MD5 of the file)
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery
- Backup current ROM if desired
- Install ROM using TWRP and select wipe during aroma install if coming from another base
- Reboot and Enjoy
If Aroma hangs up, reboot your recovery by holding vol-up and power until phone resets...then before it begins booting up, hold volume down, load into recovery and try again.
Settings - About - Software updates
Try long pressing the date in the notification bar (Pressing the date for about 2 seconds will toggle between HEQS, Quick Launch bar and "nothing")
To disable some of the tweaks, do the following:
- Disable HEQS (Horizontal Enhanced Quick Settings): Long press the date in the notification bar for about 2 seconds to toggle between modes until it's hidden
- Disable Weather: Tweaks - Status Bar - Weather - Hide
- Disable Header Text (cpu usage, etc.): Tweaks - Status Bar - Header - Information - Hide
- Disable VEQS (Vertical Enhanced Quick Settings): Tweaks - Status Bar - Vertical quick settings - Disable
First things first. Try wiping data and replicating the issue:7. Whats the md5 sum thing?
- Rebooting into Recovery
- Perform a Nandroid backup (of just Data if you wish)
- Flash the ROM and select the option to "Wipe Data"
- Try replicating the issue
If the problem persists, capture a logcat and send it to me.
To capture a logcat, If you have fastboot setup, you already have the drivers installed and probably already have adb.exe in the same folder as fastboot.exe:
- Open the Command Prompt (run it as Administrator if UAC is enabled in Windows)
- run adb logcat >c:\logcat.txt
- To capture an FC, use the command adb shell "logcat | grep AndroidRuntime" >c:logcat.txt
- Press Control-C to stop logging
- Paste the contents of c:\logcat.txt into http://pastebin.com
- Post the link here with the problem being experienced
If you still have the issue, check to see if it's been reported here and create a new incident if it already hasn't: http://venomroms.com/forums/project.php?projectid=14
It ensures, that the rom is downloaded correctly and completly to avoid weird issues when installing/using the rom. Google for "md5 sum checker" and you should find what you need.
It's NOT recommended to use mod/themes that dont clearly state, that they are compatible with our rom. Thems/Mods always use framework files which will brake mods/stuff in our rom.
Ensure you used the xda search, google and your brain before asking a question in the thread. If you cant find an answer yourself we will answer your question for sure! (-:
Try rescanning your SDCARD by using an app such as Media Scanner
Go to Settings - About - Software information - More and click on the Build number 7 times. (For real! )
You can find themes and information on how to make your own here.15. Themes from the HUB make my icons too large, why?
The One Max uses different dimension icons. Venom Themers will be updating statusbar themes to accomidate this change over the next couple of days.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|